Tfw been making steady progress since I started practicing a month ago

>tfw been making steady progress since I started practicing a month ago
>at first and without looking at the keyboard, I got around 20 wpm
>I may reach the one word/sec milestone soon
Post you're best scores. Also, is touch-typing a meme?
10fastfingers.com

Other urls found in this thread:

keyhero.com/
smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/fact-of-fiction-the-legend-of-the-qwerty-keyboard-49863249/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How old are you? I mean it's great and all that you've been making progress, but even drunk I can get 88+ words per minute with 100% accuracy.

As for touch typing, no, not a meme.

im not great, i usually type slower than i do in this test unless its something that i know how to type out very well, and i dont have to use Shift or punctuation

also i made three god danm spelling errors in a row and slowed the hell down to fix them, but i dislike typing tests and i dont feel like doing it again
my issue is hand hand coordination, sometimes i type one letter out of sync with another when across hands such as
dislike turning into disliek

oh well, runescape taught me well
blue: selling rune scim 14k ~~~

Used to hunt and peck at 110 wpm.... My fucking teacher lied and said I would be faster if I learned touch typing and now I can never pass 90wpm

don't listen to other people, if you are fast at the way you type, don't let some asshole tell you otherwise

^

-w-

OwO

buh w/e

also pick up a Model M, your speeds will skyrocket

Too lazy to try atm. Used to get up to 140 WPM and that's with my shitty gaymer habit of primarily using my left hand and wasting time on pressing too many buttons with it instead of covering right part of the keyboard with my right hand.

60 :/

Fuck off pedo

don't bully her

its ok my gf illya is 500 years old

fucking faggots. this is not even the advanced one.

>need an account for advanced
>have to sign in with Facebook or Google
lol no

>google is gonna watch random words i type on my keyboard.

typeracer.com is better

>two fingers
>faster than 10

>tfw I was really trying

I need to stop drinking

if you hit 1 character per Planck time, how many wpm would you type???????

My WPM is like 70 and I get lots of words wrong for some reason.

>the cuck extends the conversation to defend his intrusive masters
>"It's not all bad" he says
>"you can turn off the spying" he parrots

Get on my level, bitches

hunt and pecking at 110 is worse than touch typing at 90. When you're touch typing at 90, you can watch your screen while you type or multi-task.

You can't do that while hunting and pecking.

Maybe this is me personally, but I'd prefer to type 20% slower and touch type, than peck.

I definitely would be faster or more accurate typing while looking at the keyboard, typing the exact way I am now, but touch typing is more practical.

>loads js from 20 different domains
No thanks

I prefer keyhero.com/ because it gives you a more detailed overview

on 10fastfingers

I can try

do touch typists here find some keys unintuitive with their designated finger? O with right ring finger feels so unnatural for me.

I feel left middle and index are all I'm using, so I don't know if it's bad form or if I'm just stupid for not understanding that's how QWERTY is designed.

>I don't look at the keyboard but I only use my index and pinkie fingers when typing

wtf is wrong with me

I don't really use anything other than my index, middle, and ring fingers apart from keys like shift or space.

For example this is generally how I place my fingers on the keyboard, although sometimes depending on what I'm doing my left pinky rests on CTRL instead and my middle finger moves down to D.

1.3094118e+44 words per minute for an average of 7.5 characters per word and 1 for spaces in the normal test.
The amount of friction your hands would produce would cause your keyboard to reach a temperature hot enough to rival a supernova and would likely turn earth into a second sun.

this is more or less how I type (except for the mac keyboard)

>giving a shit about your typing speed
what decade is this

The energy would far surpass a supernova, considering that you'd have to break the laws of physics to even type at that rate.

>Caring about actually being proficient at using a computer when you can waste your time riing your anime arch install instead

23 WPM
92%
I fucking need something else than laptop keyboard. Time to buy meme brown switches.

Not even secretaries are required to write 120wpm anymore.
Programming doesn't require you to write that fast, trivial stuff is done by snippets, other stuff requires you to stop and think.

I left the punctuation on the right unshaded as I don't really use any specific finger for them. My right hand tends to rest in the area of all the punctuation, so if I need some punctuation after a string of letters from the left side of the keyboard it'll be within reach of my index finger. Otherwise if my right index finger is preoccupied with typing, then I strike it with either my middle or ring finger randomly.

Hey guys, I only type with my two index fingers when using a keyboard but can still type at an average speed. I'd like to start utilizing all of them, can anyone reccomend any good learning resources?

Unless you're doing data entry with large blocks of contiguous text, any speed higher than ~80wpm is going to be bottlenecked by the speed at which you think of what to type.

If you're typing that slow and inaccurately then the keyboard is not part of the problem

80 wpm is sadly way more than your average Sup Forums user is capable of.

Fat swine, go stroke yourself somewhere else

Most people in these threads seem to be at least around the 80 mark with many people in the 100-150 range. I'm not sure how there are people here who can only type at

>t. 12 year old WASDfag

what does it mean by this?

Good enough

This test tests only English written text. Useful when writing newspaper articles.

But what really is hard is coding, using all weird characters from all places of keyboard plus things like home and end.

Additionally, in my language (Polish), 10% of letters are typed using right alt, which makes typing a lot slower and more error-prone.

>typing threads become desktop threads

I guess it was inevitable

all threads are desktop threads

You don't type fast when you're programming anyway, you're always stopping to think.

How many people in this thread posted their second or third attempts? Be honest, you're anonymous. I bet I could get upwards of 100 if I tried a couple more times

Higher than I imagined, but the fact that you can pre-read words before you have to type them makes it a lot easier

This.
How fast you are doesn't matter if your code is shit.

I was already warmed up when I got here, but the difference between being warmed up and not is only about 5wpm and a little bit of accuracy anyway.

That might be true, but at least I prefer to either think or write, not doing both at the same time. Once I've decided on what to write I think it's helpful to write quickly.

ay babes u wanna d8?

How to I learn to type properly, Sup Forums? I have this weird touch type where I use about 4 fingers and type at 70 wpm more mistakes than I'd like.

I basically move my hands when I type a lot, using mostly the index and middle fingers from both hands and also the ring fingers a bit. I get 80-100 wpm usually, should I try and relearn typing with touch typing, or should I just keep using my method I'm used to?

Just got my first mechanical keyboard (blue switches). The sound is so addicting.

Same thing here

Outside of showing off on typing tests you will never type much faster than your current speed. Not worth the effort of re-learning how to type.

QWERTY is archaic. It was literally designed to slow you down to stop typewriters jamming. Change keyboard layout to Dvorak.

But if I do want to show off on typing tests, will it help? I don't care about investing much time into it as long as I will eventually type faster than I do now. I'm just afraid that I won't be able to reach the same speed that I type in now, and that I won't be able to go back to my current method.

>QWERTY is archaic. It was literally designed to slow you down to stop typewriters jamming. Change keyboard layout to Dvorak.
[citation needed]

QWERTY was actually designed around morse code before making its way into typewriters.
smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/fact-of-fiction-the-legend-of-the-qwerty-keyboard-49863249/

How do I improve my poor motor skills?

git gud
And "git gud" means "practice"

i just did this while in the middle of fapping, both my hands are covered in vaseline so the entire time my palms werent resting on the board, also im in my recliner so the k230 wireless keyboard is resting on my lap and moving and not the best situation to type

and got this score

i also lost interest about 2-3 times

>addicted to quickening carpel tunnel via repetitive stress

>get 60 wpm on first try
>realize I have a ton of bad habits and crutches that mean I can't git gud unless I force myself to change my typing style
FUCK

I type at 140-155wpm on QWERTY. I have no desire to relearn almost 3 decades of muscle memory for zero practical gain, and I've never experienced the discomfort meme either.

Sure, it'll just take time.

I can type fast when typing my own shit, but I always do bad at these tests.

Sooooooo
Whats a practical application for typing faster than you can think?

Who needs more than 1 word per minute anyway. I'm paid hourly

Alright thanks, I guess it's time to learn touch typing then.

If you think slower than the equivalent of 120 WPM, you're a brainlet

Recording text that computers can't process and shit.

can any >130wpm qwerty people post a video of their fingers? i glass ceiling at 125wpm

my wpm tanks to like 60 from 110 when there's lots of capitals and quotes

how do i fix

I can't really think of a comfortable way to record it but you can get a general idea of what I do with my fingers from I move my hands around quite a lot, especially my right hand, I rarely use a finger other than my index on my right hand unless I'm typing multiple letters in a row from that side of the keyboard (for ex. if I'm typing "police" i might strike the p with my middle finger and the o with my index).

Stop typing like a brainlet

Always rest a finger on a shift key.

Bitch, please.

Here's a serious attempt.

Why are half of you fucking cripples? If your WPM is under 100, you're actually retarded

you and I are alike

my brother

i dont want to break the keyboard on my laptop.