/wt/ - watch thread

This thread is about the appreciation of horology, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

>Required viewing for newbies:
youtu.be/_2J5phyd9J4

>Strap Guide: pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/High-quality-316L-Stainless-Steel-Watchband-Brushed-Silver-Bracelet-with-Glidelock-Buckle-20mm-for-RX-Watch/32822585155.html
ebay.com/itm/Casio-MTP1183A-7A-Mens-Metal-Fashion-Watch-Brand-New-100-Authentic-/161688741305
ebay.com/itm/Casio-Mens-Standard-Analog-Watch-MTP1183A-1A-/322209186835
flickr.com/photos/andreaflorian/sets/72157622837557967/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Recommend me a mens watch in the $300 range.

Can a fully mechanical watch be had for $600?

>first for comfy bronze

> SARB033, Hamilton Khaki, SKX017

> Yes

Used and vintage Seiko and Citizen are great options in your price range.

Radial engraving is clinically underrated.

looking at the SKA531P1 right now.

a little bit out of my budget.

a little bit over my budget but looks nice.

I inherited a Certina Waterking
5101 061
What are my chances of getting a new crown that doesn't costs a fortune?
I think they were pretty popular once.
Pic related obviously. But not mine.

Crowns are relatively easy to replace with cheap generic ones. Can't say whether a watchmaker would do it for cheap though.

I think I know a place.
I just wasn't certain they'd be able to use a generic one.
I feared it had to be an original one. Thanks for the answer.

>I'm still shitting up the old thread and nobody corrects me.
Anyway Reverso is the goat rectangular watch I think.

If it doesn't screw down or anything it should be easy if the current stem is still perfectly functional.

What do you think of this watch?
Im a uni student, have little money, can spend more than 30-40 buck on a really classic and nice look. I'm choosing this one because I like the simple and clean look.

Is this still accurate?

Correction, can't spend more than 30-40 bucks

I like this

What do you guys think of my watch?

>Steinshit

Don't listen to the clinically retarded. If it has to be like $1000 you could try to swing a regular Seamaster in the $1000-1250 range. If not theres plenty of Seiko Divers that more than fit the bill like the new Turtle, Samurai's, Shogun, SBDC051 and regular SKX's that are fine.

Buying a Steinshit is moronic TGV facebook group tier.

How has this watch patina'd m8

dogshit

No, the prices are all off, some by as much as 50-100%. Also, a ton of the watches listed have been changed, making the pros and cons all pretty far off-base as well. It sorely needs to be updated.

Can you give some reasons why it's dogshit?

>$299

wtf why?

My once a month or so wear to limit radium exposure.

Its in mexican pesos, about 10 dollars.

Step it up, nigga...

Lick my rim nigs

>in a boat
t. Texan? :^)

nato or bracelet

Good bracelet > * > shit bracelet.

kek

Anyone got an opinion on a SEIKO 7A38-7130?

Early 90s as fuck.

I really like the design could get one in good condition for around 130 € thinking if i should get it and sell my huawei watch classic

i like it. What band is that though? ive been looking at this aliexpress.com/item/High-quality-316L-Stainless-Steel-Watchband-Brushed-Silver-Bracelet-with-Glidelock-Buckle-20mm-for-RX-Watch/32822585155.html but have no idea if it would fit.

that's a nice watch and a good size.

boat and sub.. good taste

If you want a classic casio for 30-40 bucks there are better options than this black plastic one, Pedro.
Just search casio mtp on ebay and you can find some casios with date for less than 30 bucks and there's no need for you to buy them off ebay as you can probably find these anywhere on any city.

ebay.com/itm/Casio-MTP1183A-7A-Mens-Metal-Fashion-Watch-Brand-New-100-Authentic-/161688741305
24 dollars

ebay.com/itm/Casio-Mens-Standard-Analog-Watch-MTP1183A-1A-/322209186835
27 dollars

WE BOAT NIGGAS NOW

Well, my first and only watch is the Orient Bambino V2 before the movement update. But yes, redditors are fucking faggots that really love their upboats.

>junk stocks

whats Sup Forums favourite Casio?
apart from the terrorist one I mean

You paid $300 for an Invicta with a modded dial. Do I need to explain anymore?

I can nab this grand seiko second hand (mint condition, fully serviced) for $1200.

Is it worth it? Ive always wanted one, but have been a fan of the stainless steel version ($5000+)

What do you think?

Isn't that a quartz GS model?

whats the vintage german mechanical in this photo picture

For $1200, that's a steal m8. Go for it.

Watches are like fidget spinners for your wrist.

(You)

Yes it is. Dissapointing, right?
I think these retail for around $2400AUD

Which Seiko 5 is that?

It's not a matter of disappointing or not. Whether you are into high end quartz is a matter of personal preference. It's just that you said it was "fully serviced" and quartz GS models don't need to be serviced until 50 years old.

I keep on and off thinking about this Mido for at least a year now.

flickr.com/photos/andreaflorian/sets/72157622837557967/

AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Make sure to see it in person before you buy if at all possible. I wouldn't trust judging the finishing quality of a Swatch Group brand watch without handling it in person.

Issa fake

I actually did see it in person. Pretty decent. Piece of shit sales person tried to sell it to me for fucking $800 MSRP. Fucking hell I will stick to grey market or used.

is this watch any good? Im a Dieter Rams fanboy but this has 0 street cred i believe
what do you think?

If you do want it I recommend not getting the black pvd one. It will eventually come off.

get the gold for maximum vintage

I was thinking of getting a Seiko dolce, but after checking the eco drive I feel more strongly about getting that instead. Am I a pleb for feeling this way?

both are pleb watches

>Dolce
>33mm

I don't care how classy you fucks think smaller watches are. There is no way such a small watch would look good on a man .

I was thinking more about how I prefer a slightly "messier" face over a simple and clean one.

>NOOOOOO
>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
>STOP IT

Sorry Archie, not all of us can have fat wirsts or forehead tumors.

>Modern males

i guess i didnt make it clear enough

Shitposting aside 5mm thin 34mm-36mm diameter watches are ultra comfy.

The smaller AP Royal Oak's for example are ultimate comfy and look great, the larger ones are rapper bling watch tier and pretty gross. Unless you are also larger and then they look fine and in proportion.
It's all about proportion and not just the watches size.

36mm is the smallest.

33mm is ridiculously small for a man.

Are you the fashion police?

Someone sitting next to me had this watch in today. Just don't get it PVD.

Obviously not. The minimum is 35 mm, not 36.

>Modern males

>Cuckoldry interests me

>that green

It is just me or this corroded, scratched and rusty dial is aesthetic as fuck?

how do I charge my lumes and make them all bright

I think it's just you

I too find it aesthetic as fuck

Nice SARB

That's the back of the dial, idiot. You can see the feet.

How can I incorporate my time piece into my LinkedIn profile picture without looking like a douchebag?

why would you?

How does one enter the field of watchmaking? Is there formal schools of horolofgy in america?

Skx007 or skx009?

This is muy importante

just choose whichever one you like better fagget
(skx013 is the best choice)

Why is the wristlet version the correct choice? I can see an argument for the cheaper and better Invicta pro dive but not for the smaller version of the same thing for the same price.

Why would it be cheaper just because it's a bit smaller? All the parts are the same. What size is you wrist?

I'm a wristlet and all for small watches, but divers the size of 007 and 009 are pretty normal, even for small wrists

Is being a wino and a watch collector the masterrace choice?

I love higher end-quartz watches, can you guys make any recommendations?
>quartz
>higher-end

I like the Seiko Dolce and the Casio Oceanus, although I'm not very keen on the blue accents on the Oce-anus. I can't afford a Grand Quartz.

Thanks senpai

Take a look at Spring Drive.

Oh, also, I am a fedora-wearing autist and thus I like 60's-style watches—small, domed crystal. Do these even exist anymore or are my only options used vintage crap on eBay? pic related, I love this one

Calatrava and Saxonia both < 36 mm
>36mm is the smallest.

what did he mean by this?

Are there any acceptable dress watches for under $100?