He needs more than one monitor

>he needs more than one monitor

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RWgQmpzdqpc?t=545
youtube.com/watch?v=nthOpo5tQDk[Embed]
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

*she
(。>﹏

I don't _NEED_ anything. I just like taking advantage of more screen estate.

pls be gf

are you an owo?

I program instead of just browsing or playing games. I also usually have all of my source code opened up so I can save time by not having to flip back and forth tabs and see the big picture.

It really helps if you have serious bizness to work on instead of just using your PC for YouTube.

Senpai.

uwu

>he can't afford more than one monitor

>not having one for Sup Forums, another for source code and another for animu / documentation
Sounds like u r gay

>be me 7 years ago
>stack three CRTs on top of each other
>it just werks
>accidentally topple the cathode ray tower
>spill large mug of coffee into all the vent holes of the top one
>image starts freaking the fuck out and vibrating and getting smaller
>unplug and restack monitors
>wait a day
>plug coffee ray tube back in
>back to normal and perfectly fine
Why don't you have a tower of cathode ray tubes Sup Forums?
Doubles as a heater in the winter.

Who would actually prefer just 1 screen
its like you're trying to be as little hackerman as bossibl

>Majority of gaymers have 2-3 screens.

>not having a monitor wall

>He spends his harem funding on monitors

>seams

I have just one, and that's all I need. I can understand why you would need more if you use a desktop enviroment, because of how inefficiant they are. Switch to a tiling window manager and use workspaces. It helps, a lot.

I think the guy you were replying to got btfo, but I personally just use two shitty $10 monitors. It works well for latex writing but I just use one for coding.

monitor is just like gender, two is enough.

Game on one screen, browser on the second and Discord on the third.

I second Its reasonable to need one for code/research and forums and another for games or videos or what have you. But two is the max. Three looks silly and is just impractical. If youre watching anime, coding and shitposting at the same time you are doing none of them efficiently.

>I think the guy you were replying to got btfo
What?

Anyways, people that talk down on multi monitor setups are literally the poorest of poor tier. Obviously more than a few become excessive unless they're being used for a specific application, a few extra monitors have literally no downsides (outside of cost, hence the only criticism coming from poorfags).

I'd argue three is reasonable if you're actually using them to work, as it gives you two secondary displays to either side of a primary display. This allows you to have two reference displays at the same time, with equal costs to look at; a third monitor on the left is just as easy to look at as a second monitor on the right.

Beyond three you get into the ultra-autistic enthusiast realm for non-professionals, or highly application specific setups for professionals.

>monitor is just like gender, two is enough.
>acknowledging the existence of more than 2 genders

>not emmersing yourself in the gameplay.
Why even bother
I don't buy more than one monitor because I'd be just buying a spare. I'm not trying to talk down on you. Just telling you your wasting your money on frivolty when you could be donating to charity

>Not having two monitors so you can do your work on one while watching Cambodian cave paintings on the other
Check out this pleb

I agree with you entirely. But I just want you to laugh at Linus pointing out everything bad about the set-up other than how retarded he looks giving himself whiplash every 3 seconds.

>he has never used more than one monitor

It's fine you're either too poor to afford a second monitor or don't do anything significant with your computer and thus wouldn't use one. There's no shame in that. But this is a board for technological enthusiasts, and multiple monitor setups are a great boon to those that use their computers for more than web browsing and casual gaming.

i could use a third off to the side, right now i'm using a top monitor as a primary and a lower for daytrading or video

If I ever used that setup I would have them reversed so that the lower one would be primary. How did you end up using the top as a primary? (Not having a dig mate, just genuinely curious)

oh, right yeah, that probably doesn't make sense without knowing more about the setup

the displays are mounted a good 6-7 feet away from my keyboard, my workstation area is pretty much in the center of the room
it's kind of unusual but i like it

I use 3 monitors at work. My code monitor is portrait, console etc on second monitor, and chat/email/browser etc on the third.
|| = = like this.

What do GAYMERS need 2 monitors for? Do games support 2 now?

>discord
How did this meme-tier trash even become popular?

I tried to double monitor once. The doubled brightness of the screens hurt my eyes. Why do people do this?

What rock have you been living under

Todays gamers can't figure out IRC.

it's sad, isn't it?

>he needs a monitor

Normies use computers during the day in sunlit rooms.

x230 more than enough (without FHD mod)

I still have two screens at home, it is a reminisces from the windows days, you see multitasking didn't exist on windows, so you had to purchase a screen for every application you needed.
On gnu/linux, it is not is not a big requirement, but it is still nice.
Eg having your program on one screen and stack overflow on the other.

I used to have 2 monitors and later even fell for the tiling meme, but then realized theyre both counter productive and have just one single 1920x1200 monitor with rio.
Most of them actually use it for voice chat.

JUST ONE MORE MONITOR!!
youtube.com/watch?v=nthOpo5tQDk[Embed]

>he posts his pedo collection
Fuck off

>coalgirls

>paying 300burgers just to see a @everyone message on discord
>what is fullscreen windowed mode
>what is alt-tab

> he doesn't have a job
> he doesn't know that second monitor is necessary for freelance

>he "needs" things

>She needs a 240gb SSD and additional 4gb RAM
>Her email is acting slow

Alt-Tab is taking too much time.
I personally have Discord split up with my coding on the right screen.

My main screen is anything that I'm focused on and my left is my YouTube/Movie/Whateversuitsyourlyfe.

Plus wtf 300 burgers? Not my fault if you pay high end gaymer screens.

They are useful when you are actually working, especially if your apps take up real estate with every tool opening a window with tool options.

>using more than 1 monitor
This man is a true genius and the most valuable Google engineer. He's like a God at Google and not even the CEO would go against him. He literally made Google what it is today and wrote/worked-on all of their most important software stacks. He's worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

Now, notice something interesting:

He doesn't have two, three or four monitors and he doesn't have some gigantic TV screen that kills your focus and distracts him from everything important.

He's not distracted by having a phone out on his desk, because he doesn't use such technology as a lifeline like consumerist millennial do who'd literally die without their phone.

He doesn't have some bullshit meme mech keyboard with some special switches that were forged by elves in Japan from katana-grade steel and lights that emit perfect sRGB colors.

He doesn't have some tricked out text editor with million different features and colors.

He doesn't run some super-autistic Linux distro like Arch that demands you babysit it all the time, or a useless toy OS like Windows.

He doesn't have some DE with customized CSS US that you usually see in tons of threads on here.

He didn't even change the default theme, colors or the default background.

He can afford all that shit, yet he doesn't waste his time on it. Instead, he writes 100x more lines of code than you and is 1,000,000x more accomplished than you'll ever be. And he's infinitely smarter than you'll ever be.

So quit falling for fucking memes and quit craving all the latest bullshit that gets posted on here in these cancerous consumerist "generals" threads. Mark my words, and this is coming from a professional: there's nothing more pathetic than consumers who think having multi-monitor setups makes them productive.

holy shit how can we even compete

>leaning waaaaay back

>there's one right way of doing things, and everyone who doesn't agree is wrong
Autism.

is that a mx-518? damn, this dude is legit

watchya makin there

An interior for this building. For a multiplayer survival horror game called The Four of Us Are Dying.

Now THAT'S a battle station

>Coalgirls

Even my wife has multiple monitors, pleb

He looks like he has a dildo up his ass

>alt-tab
>can't see anything happening without tabbing back
lame

I alt tab in the middle of LoL or battlefield all the time to do shit on my other screen

inb4 >LoL or battlefield

>Just telling you your wasting your money on frivolty
Ah, the classic "I don't need this feature, therefore no one does"

>not emmersing yourself in the gameplay.
Yes, not immersing myself in the gameplay. I stopped being a tryhard years ago, and now I just want to come back from work, set a comfy stream on the 2nd monitor, and relax playing whatever game I feel like. I for one can't see myself going back to one monitor now.

Name of that VN?

>not using IRC for voice chat
other than that it also looks better and has picture support

>game in a window
>browser in a window
>irc in a window

>apps

No, you fuck off, fucking pedo. I've seen you post this propaganda bullshit in many threads now. Fucking degenerate.

I have no idea

Really? It's literally 3 programs- iTunes, Messenger, and Maya.

pic related is more accurate

>he needs a monitor

This. Also, you shouldn't be doing ANYTHING else while watching anime.

Of course. After all, you shouldn't watch anime in the first place.

If you use your computer for anything other than shitposting you might find that having multiple monitors could positively affect your workflow.

Personally, i do a lot of data analysis and find having a 2nd monitor very helpful. Not to say that i can't work without one, because i do most of the time when I'm using my laptop (thanks i3). It's just nice.

>the frogposter is talking shit

gaming while watching animu

>he

>he needs less than 4 monitors.

monitors are cheap guys.

1 in landscape mode to run windows in a VM with GPU passthrough, the other in portrait mode for host OS and more shitposting realestate.

>let me plug in a potentially harmful hdmi or displayport cable that could gimp my gpu at any second for pseudo multitasking

Sup Forums is dumb

Yeah, the only time I've ever used 6 monitors was for a very specific job with a LOT of monitoring applications and dev work.

I hated that fucking job. I'm sticking with 2.

sounds like paranoia to me

Thanks for the pasta homo-autismo

Personally I love those laptops with that secondary checklist styled screens. Which something like a little half screen would be perfect for me since it would essentially be my chat and music screen while my main would handle everything else.

Sup Forums BTFO

Well, good for him then, you moron!

This.

Also the secondary monitor doesn't even need to be any good. Having shity monitor as secondary is better than no secondary!

No man, everyone knows that cables are a part of the botnet.

>he uses less than 3 monitors

>he doesn't have atleast 3 desktops on at all times with there own monitors
Off yourself

Once you move to a multi-monitor setup, you become enlightened and cannot go back to a single-monitor setup. You may think your virutal desktops are a replacement for multiple monitors, but they are not.

I thought about doing something like this once but then I realized it'd be kinda tedious and it would probably turn my room into an oven

>derides others for wasting money
>gives money away to poorfags