Should I fall for the RSS feed meme and start getting my content delivered directly to me rather than doing my daily...

Should I fall for the RSS feed meme and start getting my content delivered directly to me rather than doing my daily laps to sites I browse?

Other urls found in this thread:

jsonfeed.org/
nyaa.si/?page=rss&q=horrible dragon ball 1080&c=0_0&f=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yeah, it saves a lot of time.

Yeah

WOOOooooo im reddit yeah I love RSS like its 2006 wooooo. fucking moron DO NOT USE RSS its fucking shit

get a load of this goyboy

Why not?

>t. Zuckerberg

Yes. Good way to get updates from your favorite sites in a centralized location without ever really having to visit them

t. Carpal Tunnel

will i detest you having posted some stupid as fuck amphibian, i'll just add that a lot of my feeds end up cutting off after a sentence or two. really hate that.

Definitely

There are also website that deliver twitter posts as RSS if you want to follow one or 2 people but dont want to join the botnet

>>>/global/rules/3

Are there any rss sites that send email when something new comes?
I receive 3-4 news every week, opening feedly for seems wasteful.
I know it has a notification browser extension, but email would be bettet

How do I find a decent actual RSS reader? All the readers I found are basically Windows 10 news or Flipboard. I don't want to "pick my interests", I just want a feed of my sites. Or is that now how it's done anymore

Personally i use Firefox native rss live bookmark.
It's simple and it sync with my Firefox account.

apu apustaja the help helper frog is NOT "le epic pepe". He is his much more amusing retarded Finnish cousin. Do not bully apuposters.

Also, recommend feeds and readers
Akregator fag here (for now, could change)

i'll try, but they are still mostly not worth replying to friend.

You should fall from the roof, dumb frog poster

Delete yourself

Yes

Absolutely. I use it all the time to follow news and some software projects I'm interested in, now that GitHub publishes atom feeds.

Use something self hosted, like Tiny Tiny RSS. Using non-free (as in freedom) services is just giving someone else's info about what you read.

RSSOwl. It just werks.

quiterss is pretty comfy and to the point
cross-platform too I think

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Reddit messages

how does one actually use rss? like I have seedbox running rtorrent, how do I make it download my favorite anime automatically?

Can someone explain RSS i heard about it and never used it

This site is 18+

I am 28 I just never bothered to learn

how do I write my own RSS reader? Or is there something in the command line that I can use?

reddit isn't RSS though lol

there are a billion rss readers for every platform in existence

Ever heard of search engines? They'd give you a much better explanation than anyone here would bother writing for you.

It's just XML.

This person is a troll.

Newsflow

Use digg's RSS feed thing. The name "digg" might scare you off but it works well on mobile too

Most torrent clients should have built in rss functionality. Idk about rtorrent specifically, check its documentation.

Basically sites can set up simple XML feeds that get populated by items of their choosing. The most obvious example is a news site having a feed for articles, or a personal blog having a feed that is updated with new posts. RSS readers can then take these XML feeds and parse them in a really convenient, centralized manner. So now you don't have to check 10 different sites regularly, just check your RSS reader.

Nice like a newsletter

it's great for pages that update once a month

also some weird APIs offer RSS format, I watch OpenStreetMap notes for my city

I use TT-RSS on a $5 VPS

How does one know if site supports RSS? What if it does not?

it does but how do I use it?

These guys know what's up. TTRSS on a remote server, newsbeuter on my laptop fetching from it.

I underestimated your stupidity...

Find the URL to the feed you want to download from, copy paste it in and give the feed a name if you want.

Browsers sometimes used to show an icon in the address bar. Ah the good old days.
These days you just look for an RSS feed icon, probably in the footer, or open up the source for the page and search for "application/rss+xml".

>RSS

Talking about deprecated technology lmao

It's basically XML so that's not technically true, but JSONFeed will probably take over at some point. jsonfeed.org/

>t. millennial who's too young and stupid to know what RSS is
Just because you think it's old tech doesn't mean it isn't useful

This.

I hate that on the mobile the 'back' buttons goes back to the previous page, rather than the list of news items, but other than that, it's pretty comfy. 8/10

What else should I use to get an aggregate of news sites that I otherwise would have to frequently visit?

>lol look at this guy he actually has a life and does more than only shitposting on Sup Forums haha what a loser

I wrote my own.

I understand now, its pretty simple

but lets say I want to download some dragon ball episodes
I get the link nyaa.si/?page=rss&q=horrible dragon ball 1080&c=0_0&f=0

but when I try to load it in rutorrent it starts downloading all of the episodes even though I specify the folder and the folder already has those episodes in it

Might need to verify the data first, I dunno. But it should then check periodically for any new episodes and add them automatically.

Bamboo reader will be dead soon. Are there any good webextension rss readers for firefox?