Any reason not to dual boot arch as my first linux distro?

Any reason not to dual boot arch as my first linux distro?

Not really, only that Gentoo is objectively better. Have fun.

If you're a person with mental disabilities, no.

>HAHAH SO FUNNY LE GENTOO XD
Kys

i guess it would be alright, just make sure you have another device/offline copy of the wiki available. the installation is fairly easy with the wiki holding your hand, and youll get the post-installation confs done in no time too. i think its a good distro for a beginner, its definitely easiest of the "hard" distros, and using/maintaining it will be a good learning experience. at some point youll probably want to move on to gentoo/source mage/void or whatever, but arch is a really good starting point.

arch is hard to install, so it isn't great for beginners.
Try something more like mint, fedora, or ubuntu.

yes: arch sucks.

Prove me wrong faggot.
>protip: you can't

If you can alt - tab the wiki it's not hard, it's just a matter of following a long manual.

>you can alt-tab
>during Arch installation
U wot m8

lol

the installation isn't hard but the shit breaking on you will be a massive pain in the ass
use it inside a VM for a bit, the installation and the work afterwards will teach you quite a lot about how things work (same for gentoo)
for the actual dual booting, use something easy like ubuntu. once you get comfortable, consider whether you really need to switch to something else. the answer is usually no, but if you think you'd prefer the advantages of arch (or whatever other distro you're considering) feel free to go for it. just avoid distro hopping like a retard like most of us

arch will only break if you break it yourself. they sometimes push weird updates, that require manual intervention, but if you follow their news feed, you only have to follow the instructions if something like that comes up.

and if there are known issues with an existing version of a certain package, theyre usually included in the troubleshooting section of the wiki page. and again, you only have to follow the instructions.

the unstable updates do not come up very often either, thats just a meme. partial updates are an easy way to fuck up your system, but if you always upgrade the whole system with pacman -Syu, there will most likely be no issues. arch being super volatile is just a meme, spread by people whove never used the distro, or people who were stupid and fucked up their system by doing something silly.

why dualboot instead of VM?

Void is the way to go user

Cause vm is slow even if i set it to 8gb+ (have 16)

Linux is free and so it comes with no guarantee. Shit can potentially wreck your computer and there would be no one guilty. Use it on a virtual machine.

>but if you follow their news feed
ain't nobody got time for that

>dual boot
>not VM
Enjoy having to restart your computer every time you want to switch your OS.

How many processors do you have running the VM? This can make a huge difference in how fast your VM runs.

>arch only breaks if you break it
>it also breaks itself
fucking faggot arch apologist babby
Sup Forums is so lame

This whole board is painful to read. All you go back to Sup Forums and /reddit/

>move on to gentoo/source mage/void
Why?

Gentoo is unironically based, of course brainlets can't see what it's capable of thanks to
>le compile from source takes ages meme
>le so hard to install meme
>le configurate everything by hand meme