US Politics is killing discussion on Sup Forums...

US Politics is killing discussion on Sup Forums. Every thread from /lit/ to Sup Forums is completely infected by Sup Forums. No thread can stay on topic for longer than a few posts before a political argument breaks out. Who gives a shit? At least on reddit if you go to a literature or technology sub the posters stay on topic.

As far as I can see boards like Sup Forums and /vr/ that are more niche are able to stay on topic for longer. I suspect they also have more heavy handed rules and mods. Could boards like Sup Forums benefit from stricter moderation to cut down the toxic levels of shitposting?

no

Off yourself, nigger

>wanting politics in a technology board
Go to pol and please take the commies with you

Yup. Sup Forums and MRA manchildren need to go.

I agree but Sup Forums isn't the board to discuss this.

I was the main Commie in Sup Forums arguing my points in that one thread, I only did it to make them shut up so, I just want to go on Sup Forums without seeing Sup Forums fucking everywhere I go

I sure hope something gets done soon.

Those Sup Forumstards with their far right spam just can't stay on their fucking containment board for some reason.

>, I only did it to make them shut up

Yeah you made some real convincing points

What needs to happen is a strict new rule for Sup Forums that bans politics and moves any political spam to Sup Forums so we can focus on Technology, I come on Sup Forums cause I left Sup Forums cause it was an everyday headache, so I left and now it's creeping it's way to my favorite board Sup Forums, it hasn't been this bad in the 3 years I've been on Sup Forums. I go on Sup Forums for technology not another headache, any and all posts that aren't strictly about Technology should get perma bans from Sup Forums

Politics is an inherently normalfag interest and anyone who wants to discuss it needs to fuck off.

Keep up the good fight comrade, half bakes defenses of communism are the way to go!

This is the real issue here. Politics takes no real investment to get into and anyone can talk about it, not well, mind you, but they can still talk about it.

All politics is cancer now. Especially since the political metagame is "Don't listen to anybody else, anyone who disagrees is an agent of The Enemy".

>A thinly veiled politics thread
>I want politics out of my technology board but only the Sup Forums side of it!
Technology is politically charged, just like how Weapons is. To demand we take politics out of technology is asking the impossible.

wrong, we want all politics out of it, I'm a Commie but when I go on here I don't want to see Commie shit I want to see the regular technology shit I saw for most of the time I've been on this board for the past 3 years, neither do I want to see Sup Forums garbage. Just recently this board has been infiltrated with Sup Forums retards constantly flooding this board with politics, it is a serious problem that should be dealt with immediatly, I come on Sup Forums for technology not a headache.

Yes you're part of the problem, delete this thread.

Sup Forums could do with better moderation to filter out whining irrelevant posts like yours, which have nothing to do with this technology board

Reported

GTFO, newfag

Sup Forums has always been the home for retarded comments

I've been here for 3 years

>Technology is politically charged,
No it isn't. You just think so because you have literally nothing in your head but identity politics and have to bring every topic around to it. The actual technology is fucking neutral.

>this shitty argument again
Just come out and say it. You only want to talk Sup Forumsshit. You don't care about technology.
I see you niggers all the time, starting a thread that's tangentially related to computers only to talk about some SJW bullshit, but never about the core technology that's the real issue.
If pressed to give an actual, legitimate opinion of whatever you're meant to be talking about, you hide behind your politically charged view and stay silent.
You not only don't give a shit about technology discussion, you can't contribute to it without it being political.
This is just a way for you to metastasize into other boards to drop your ebin redbills, failing to realize that other boards know far more about any given topic and the implications of change than you ever will.
Kill yourself, apenigger. You're the cancer killing Sup Forums. Your social media recruitment bullshit bought it more newfags than fucking chanology.
Politics and political activism is what ruins Sup Forums, every time it happens.

Cry more faggot

When leftists stop infecting technology with their agenda. It is 100% the commies fault that politics is not interwened with everything.

So please when you want to say
>go to Instead leave your leftist ideals of technology

>waah every thread is infected by Sup Forums
>it's not that my socjus ideas might not be grounded in reality and that the political center is now rejecting them, no, it's because 60 million americans are nazi Sup Forums posters

Get a fucking grip. Even classical liberals like myself think that socjus needs to be killed off.

Technology doesn't have an agenda. It's your mind that's infected.

>youtube, facebook, twitter, cloudflare, opendns, tor, mozilla and others are all in lock-step with the same far left ideology and attempting to censor any dissenting speech based on political reasons
>"HERP DERP TECHNOLOGY DOESN'T HAVE AN AGENDA"

This. Sadly true.

Sup Forums crossboard general when? Just start threads on Sup Forums and link them in the designated Sup Forumseneral.

People aren't technology. You have a problem with people? Take it to Sup Forums.

>>>/tumblr/

>99% of the technology industry is trying to go full 1984 mode against anyone that isn't in their tiny far left ideological box
>this somehow isn't on-topic for discussion for a technology imageboard

Corporate politics is not technology. POLITICS GOES ON Sup Forums.

The only threads where I'm forced to acknowledge any politics are these ones that keep coming up to bitch about a non-issue.

Go find somewhere else to work your political agenda.

Corporate politics is technology when it affects the technology dumb lefty

You being triggered by corporate politics is doubly Sup Forums.

You should have been fighting the moralfags back when chanology was taking root. This is what you deserve. Neck yourself moralfag enabler.

>Could boards like Sup Forums benefit from stricter moderation to cut down the toxic levels of shitposting

yes, but only in the long term.

getting there will be hell though. Assuming that Hiromoot actually does anything to make this site better in any sense, we'd need more moderators in the first place. Like enough to dedicate at least two or three for slow boards and probably anywhere from 5-10 for faster boards (like Sup Forums and Sup Forums). We'd also need way more janitors to keep a closer watch on threads and help fill in the gaps that the mod teams might have.

Secondly we need hard rules about what's "aproved" topics and where those lines blur into unacceptable/off topic posting. We can't have "mod discretion" in effect on whether a post/thread is on topic or off if they don't have a clear set of standards or guidelines to follow, or else we end up with a mod who doesn't like anime nuking every reply or thread started with an anime image, even if the body of the reply or thread IS on topic (and it's happened before, just see the constant desktop thread drama from years back)

And lastly, if we somehow get enough moderators and verse them well enough in each board's culture to get a good feel of when something is just harmless memeing and when something is intentionally derailing a thread into offtopic territory, they also need to be focused and calm enough to deal with the inevitable shitstorm that the posters whose threads they delete, time out, or outright ban will try and bring. Sup Forums is notorious for trying to flood other boards and then throwing tantrums when a mod steps in to nip it in the bud. same thing with the off topic anime posters who frequent the board. You need a mod team who can dedicate the time and energy to deal with it until the person (or persons) get tired of fighting and just leave, and that's extremely hard to come by on a volunteer basis.

So yea heavier moderation can remove a lot of problems, but it's not going to be an immediate change

>i only egged them on and baited them to continue shitting up the board by doing the exact same thing to get them to stop shitting up the board

Also fuck pooneet indians taking tech jobs in america
I would say 'AMD fags BTFO' or 'jewtel is finished' with some cherry picked meaningless benchmark threads are more cancerous than a section of replies getting Sup Forums'd
Keep in mind a section of this board idolizes a guy who lives with his parents and builds an OS from god to combat "CIA niggers"

The problem is not having enough moderators to care about this board.