Best browser for privacy and security

Best browser for privacy and security

strawpoll.me/13829230

Browser thread

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13829230
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pale moon at the top. My work here is done. . .

> Jew shilling the poll

That mistake is going to be corrected

Waterfox if you're somewhat injured in the head and like Australis.
Brave if you can ignore the lack of TreeStyleTabs.
iCab for m68k macs.

The best one for privacy and security is the one you don't use at all

Yeah

Pale moon and firefox for shills

>privacy and security
>connected to the internet
Pick one

That's what goolag told you to say?

It's reality

Waterfox and pale meme on desktop. Brave is an option on mobile but not desktop.

Only if want it to be like that. Or know no better. Like goolag wants everyone to think.

Firefox compiled with -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fstack-protector-all -fstack-check -Wl,-z,relro,-z,now,-z,noexecstack and ac_add_options --enable-pie added to the mozconfig, running inside Firejail on a GNU/Linux distribution without systemd using the linux-hardened kernel

FF is beyond compromised
Don't bother with it

> uses this setup to shitpost on Sup Forums

Should be the default for anything, actually.

>left coast not using chrome or firefux
literal trash

>Implying chrome or firefox are viable options as a web browser

Can Brave support user scripts ?

>chrome that high
the shilling effect ;)

Turns out Sup Forums is full of firefox faggots

IE is what gets me. There is no way THAT many people use IE.

>implying anything else is as good

>fireshit fags are proxyfagging
lmao

>anyone who disagrees with me is a proxyfag
Kys

die retard

>implying that left coast walking memes aren't using sjw-friendly browsers

t. Cuck

> implying that internet explorer is a sjw-friendly browser

Where's Indian Browser, sir? Please

no i didn't

>lying

>He forgot about Pale Moon

Iridium??

>Braveboy defense force
I approve it desu

I applaud you good user who shares my thinking on these matters.

Downloaded Waterfox for the first time yesterday. Feels pretty comfy. I don't notice any difference between it and regular Firefox though, but I guess that's because all the privacy stuff is just removing background processes.

>you forgot about the fact that pale coon maintainer is a control freak who doesnt respect users freedom to choose thier own extensions.

Hm I wonder in reality what the center of USA is using - because we all know the further you go either east or west you get less intelligence, but the center is where shit matters.

can you teach me?

In terms of privacy, security and customization options, GNU IceCat is the best option.

Brave is getting there but it is lacking in features.

>a browser made to track you is getting there
U wot?

Switched to Vivaldi a few months ago and i fucking love it.
I only miss the ability to use the address bar as google search like in Chrome, but aside for that im pretty happy

From wikipedia:
>In an effort to compensate for the effects of its advertisements blocking and substitution, Brave is beta testing an innovative system to reward publishers, called Brave Payments. This system allows users to optionally set a budget that they are willing to donate to the websites they visit. Brave will then calculate the percentage assigned to each website through an algorithm and the publisher receives a transfer in bitcoins if it opts into the system.

Yeah, there's no way this can be implemented without tracking at least which websites the user visits. In to the trash it goes. . .

What the fuck nigger, did you disable auto-complete/suggestions in settings or what?

The objectively best browser for privacy is Tor Browser, but you didn't even list it on the poll because you're retarded.

Someone shilled hard for Icecat
It was far from top and within 10 minutes got like 50 votes and went top
Safe to say to disregard it

>neo/g/
>ff 2nd
checks out

>open tor
>vote icecat
>new tor circuit for this site
>wash rinse and repeat

Icecat is essentially ff tho

>still dont know what browser to main
;/

Go to the add-ons section of waterfox, under themes choose compact light, you're welcome

>dumb fucking obvious icecat shilling
You're stupid, you make it look even worse by abusing voting

I'm so mad you didn't let people vote for tor that I'm using tor to shill icecat.

Sup ForumsNU board

Nah, it was like that by default
Gonna check settings

>shilling nonproprietary software
keke

>Firefox and Chrome that high
Wew

>try to elaborate
>multiple choice poll
nigga wut?

>brave
>chrome
>epic
>edge
>privacy
Hahaha, fucking idiots.

tor browser is just configured firefox

>not using links

lol

>he posts, from a browser other than links

>Mexico is missing Baja
>Europe is missing a country
the fuck?

>All those options
>Vivaldi isnt on the list
You had one job

>strawpoll.me/13829230
>tor
>meme browser for privacy
dropped and hit ctrl+w

Why is it that people care so much for privacy? I try to get myself to care but for some reason it's not that big of a deal to me. Should I be worried I'm trusting the botnet with all of my shit? I just want to hear the argument from somebody who cares about their privacy, I'm not saying it's stupid I just don't fully understand it

>nightly gets shilled day and night on Sup Forums
>4% userbase

ayyyy

After Firefox raped uBlock a few days ago, I switched to Chrome/Chromium after a few years. Sadly Netflix won't play on Chromium. Does it matter if I used Chrome full time or should I use Chromium for everything but Netflix?

No. It's a fork of Firefox that makes a great number of privacy changes, so much so that the Firefox devs are trying to copy them back into the Firefox itself.

You know GNU IceCat it's the only sane option after the current stance on privacy from both Palemoon and FIrefox, right?
You should use Firefox 52 ESR and prepare to switch to GNU IceCat for normal browsing and Chrome for shitty stuff like Netflix

I tried GNU IceCat and it was absolutely awful. I value convenience to some degree and I'd never use that pile of garbage. Also, I'm not touching Firefox again after destroying ublock and other extensions. It's either ungoogled Chromium or one of the new meme browsers like Brave.

Netrunner is the only correct answer

What? You can do that easily in Vivaldi. You must have missed the setting.

>first three are Mozilla derivatives
brave4lyfe

Why ask a poll about a factual question? If you wanted to know how tall Everest is, would you take a poll?

>destroying uBlock
It literally works without issues on Firefox nightly, so I doubt the standard version is any different. Go to the uBlock Origin on github and install it from there. It takes only a minute. Abandoning a good browser just because you're too lazy to look into solutions is retarded.

Iridium is the best Chrome alternative
PaleMoon is the best Firefox alternative

Afaik those two picks aren't botnets or track your activity

Anyone know what the weird white pages are about in the latest version of Firefox?

Can't even open links from friends they all turn white.

Firefox confirmed Pajeet.

Safari confirmed patrician.

I'd like to use Safari or WebKit Nightly too but no uMatrix is a dealbreaker. I pray someone ports it soon.

I've been trying Waterfox for a full day now. Why must it constantly eat up 3gb of my RAM? Why is it so laggy and stuttery? It looks and feels nice, but I can't have more than like 3 tabs open, and god forbid if I have a couple YouTube tabs open at the same time. Browser games are also unplayable (tried testing with agar.io and it was stuttery shit). Am I just doing something wrong?

Extensions: Greasemonkey, Ad Nauseam, HTTPS Everywhere, Stylus, Enhanced Steam

Why do people keep saying this? Brave is fine for desktop.

>firefox is secure
ayyyyy lmao top kek