Why haven't you picked up your T470 for college Sup Forums FeelsTooGoodMan

Why haven't you picked up your T470 for college Sup Forums FeelsTooGoodMan

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834332750
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because my T420 works perfectly with Hackintosh and by extension meets my university's standards.

I ended up biting the bullet and buying a Mac.
I don't want people to make fun of me in college.

I want to be looked upon as inferior so I bought a Dell XPS

Because I bought a System76 a year ago for my master's in Molecular Bio

That has nothing to do with your laptop tho

>I don't want people to make fun of me in college.
You are going to have to cover up that apple logo and pretend it is a HP EliteBook

On a serious note. Did you ever consider going to a psychologist? Bullying has it's downsides but when you force yourself into a standard just because the ones around you don't process different taste very well, you automatically allow the world to fondle with your mentality, that's when you should seriously consider manning up.

I recommend you to read and follow the book called: "The Way of the Superior Man". It's an excellent book that can teach you how to stop being a weak minded male and how to change your behavior (in your own style/way) so that you can become a man who has power over his own ideas and mind. Trust me, it's one of the very few books that you'll read and won't ever regret spending the time on it.

SJW detected

That shit is expensive as fuck my nigga

I prefer te t420 cause I'm a pot head

Because I'm putting an ips screen and 420 keyboard in my T430 as soon as the package arrives

Daily reminder that New Thinkpads are overprice as or more than New Macbooks.
Just stick to your T420. The chinks at hope probably will build a Ryzen mobo for it in the future.

>ryzen
enjoy your segmentation faults

The 13 or E/L series aren't overpriced

Because my x200 is still working

Because I picked up a P40 Yoga for University. Had to get that Wacom drawing shit somehow.

Because I have a T510

Clemson?

X230 is better for school, that's why.

Bought a mac back when starting college. Lost my virginity to a ONS in freshman week and have been in a relationship for 5 years now. Thank you for enabling me to live a normal life, Apple.

T420 with i7 upgrade and 8g ram + ssd. No need to blow a months rent on a botnet

>buying crap
Brian, pls go.

>Windows 10
kek'd

> expensive af
> made of plastic
> display bezel is literally adhesive that simulates plastic
> no significant difference from a T450
> as expensive as a MacBook
wew lad

J.B. Speed

Why do you use jewgle hangouts user

I have a thinkpad x230 that I got in 2012. However, it keeps shutting off without warning after a certain amount of use or just moving around. I take off the battery and just use the charger and the computer still shuts off but not as much as with a battery.

check things like battery terminal corrosion, sata port getting gunked up or a faulty drop protector

Because I already finished college and I have a MacBook.

>nuthinkpad
>using windows unironically
>using edge
>drinking normie coffee

here. Forgot to add.
Fuck you.

Because I bought the new Flex 5 instead.
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834332750

>Thank you for enabling me to live a normal life, Apple.
The most disgusting words ever spoken. NEET virgin lifestyle is something to revel about. You deserve your normie fate.

Because my T430 perfectly fine.

I have bought one for work. Feels good man. Insane battery life (16 hours with the medium size battery).
The only problem I have with it so far is that there is no working fingerprint driver for linux yet. Also Arch has a very annoying bug with it: when you come back from suspend/hybernate the fan sometimes automatically goes full throttle and stays like that until you restarto

>T470
>college
Not too heavy in your backpack ?

> 16 hours with the medium size battery
more like 6 hours

>jewish soldered processor shit
>ULV crap
lmao

>ips screen
>t430
wait what don't you mean t430s

Honestly is this some shilling tactic on Sup Forums to make all the young white racists easily identifiable because they all have think pads?

tfw finally abandoned my shitpad for a 15" macbook pro and i haven't looked back

jesus christ the screen is like something i've never seen before, it's truly amazing

nope. 16 hours if you enable windows power saving mode.

Laptop is already five years old. There's probably faulty hardware that laptop that will cost you more than the laptop is worth. Time to upgrade.

then show battery statistics

thinkfags will never know the feel of a 2880x1800 retina display.

> inb4 4K thinkpads
those are the shittiest 4K pannels out there, also, 2160p is an extreme waste of pixels.

Does that model have the raised keys like the T450s does?

Try turning the Airbag feature off, it might work.

Not with the discount

If that's your ThinkPad I feel bad for you son, I've got 10 ThinkPad but a Lenovo ain't one

Chromebook pixel works just fine for me.

ChromeOS + Crouton with Wine runs anything I need.

>thinkfags will never know the feel of a 2880x1800 retina display.
It's not just that, though—the 2017 model has excellent colors, contrast, etc. The picture is just awesome. Even compared to the 2015 model it's a big step up. And the whole thing is just a notch above in general.
>hurr why don't you want a used plastic thing that will be worth $50 by the time you're done with it

This, I'm a delusional faggot who wants to think that my laptop screen is reality so the Retina display is the best.

>muh resolution
apple is on its last legs boys

Here's your statistic faggot. From the first review that pops up on google, and there are many more.

talk to me when you can replace the CPU without some pasty apple geek going through your files for keks

My X230 and T420 werk well enough. Weak b8 thread sa ge

Or the internal battery, or the RAM.
Or when his hardware will last more than 4 years without the planned obsolescence enforced through yearly OS (((upgrades))) kicking in.
But its a macbabby you are talking to. The type of individual that gladly eats a turd enveloped in shiny tinfoil, and tells you it actually has a good taste because it looks pretty.

>2160p on a laptop is a meme
>somehow 1800p is not
sweetie, anything over 1080p on 13'' is a meme. Even on 15'' it looks sharp.

>using ancient hardware in a timeline where X220 exists
>using ancient hardware in a timeline where X230 with classic keyboard mod exists

Because after an excellent T410, a crappy 440 and an even crappier T460s, I think my next machine is going to be a Dell XPS.

Unless they bring out the retro thinkpad and it's actually good.

Imagine being this insecure

going for x200 because I'm poor

How much does that shit even weigh

thats the attitude that gets you made fun of you dense fuck
i'm down to take a look at this, but a google brought up a description that made me thing "pickup artist" bullshit and a search of /r/theredpill further supported that, so i'm expecting some dumb bullshit. is there useful stuff past that, or would reading it be a waste of time?

made me think** haha

I'd rather have a social life than be a depressed, outcast dork

> web surfing
fuck off with this meme shit, the only real battery life measurement is browser video playback.

>shit, I have been proven wrong, lets make some arbitrary shit I have chosen "the only real battery life measurement" so I can STILL BE WRONG
Nigger, even during video playback the battery duration stays the same when wi-fi is off and is still 10+ hours with wi-fi on

What's next? "FullHD gaming with max settings is the only real battery measurement". Just shut the fuck up please.

You think that not owning a mac will make you an outcast? Unless your university requires you to own a mac (which some for some reason do) then there's no good reason to get one if you don't already want one. You're immature.

The only thing you're getting is better RAM and graphics in newer models.

I was going to but I decided to wait a couple of months for A475 or the Retro.

tfw you will never be so poor that superior macbook pros evoke in you a visceral sort of anger

>imagine being this delusional

X230 is a lot better.
Next would be the W series. W520 is great.
T-series is so inbetween, it's useless.
It's literally the middle child. You know how that goes.

Thunderbolt port is nice to have, ain't worth it tho. Just get a T460, can recommend it - great laptop

Can you guys recommend a case that will fit the T470 with the extended battery?