Any tips for a C# beginner? I came from javascript background and now picking up C# because my work made me use Unity...

Any tips for a C# beginner? I came from javascript background and now picking up C# because my work made me use Unity. Willing to explore more C# stuff beyond Unity, where shall I begin?

Visual studio is mandatory, get that shit now. Also if you understand java already, C# is going to be easy as hell to understand.

Syntax wise most programming language shares a lot of similarities. What would you say a must know for a C# beginner?. I can cover most of the basic stuff like conditionals, methods, class, but I feel like theres still a lot more to cover.

Threads,Async, LINQ, tuples, optional, collections, generics.

is VS code ok?

Learn c++ instead

i studied c++ under bjarne stroupcuck himself and was unable to land a job in 3 years

Tbh friend if you're a competent c++ developer then A: you don't need tips for learning c#

B: you're not a competent c++ developer

C: skills != job. Skills + experience = job

Thats not OP. I'm OP, I know Unreal Engine uses C++. C++ and C# are similar but I'm leaning towards C# because I use it with Unity. Im not trying to find a C# job, just want to have better understanding of the language and looking for any guidance for someone who started with javascript thats all.

A. If you think c# and c++ are the same thing you are fucking retarded.

B. The fuck I'm not

C. No jobs = No experience to get a fucking job

Thanks, the answer im looking for

A: if you can't translate an understanding of c++ into c# then you're simply a brainlet

C: Not trying hard enough and/or over inflated expectations

A meme for a day media coverage and to act like a good guy.

>Any tips for a C# beginner?
Suicide, before you became a retard at emet.

Depends on what you want to do. Since C# is very general purpose you can pretty much write whatever you want, except for low level shit.
Pretty much pick anything that seems like it's worth your time and go for it.
>pet projects
>pet projects
>pet projects
>java is the same a javascript
every fucking time

no get visual studio.

vs code is literally a notepad

Properties, decorators, iterator/yield, reflection, interfaces, lambdas and anonymous datatypes.

The collections in the standard .NET are goat. Generics are just like in C++, so pretty nice. LINQ is cool, but haven't really gotten around to use it that much.

I've written quite a bit in C# already at work. Right now on a project where I use ASP.NET MVC controllers in C#, MSSQL for data, JS/Mithril for client implementation and none of the cshtml/Razor stuff. It's probably one of the nicest possible solutions when IIS, MSSQL and ASP are mandated. Only stuff I still don't like is IIS, it's about as verbose in its errors as a pantomime is at speaking.

Step 1: get C# in a Nutshell.
It's incredibly well-written and covers the entire language.

Step 2: throw away 99% of what you know about JavaScript. They don't apply to strongly-typed, classical OOP languages like C#.

This. Vs code is a piece of shit.

Or he can just check channel9 or Microsoft virtual academy.

Unity supports javascript like scripting. why learn something new? Also unity comes with MonoDevelop or did which supports all the c# youll need.

i know some c#, can someone hire me