I wanna buy some retro stuff. Advice me any sites

I wanna buy some retro stuff. Advice me any sites.
I know about ebay only.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ddgmzmw6_qE
winworldpc.com/product/pc-dos
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I've got picreleated. Also I need delivery to Russia.

bump

I get all my retro stuff from the local bins, people just throw it out

They're crazy. They can sell it on ebay for money.
In our city you can't find something but old soviet TV.

Search the Sup Forums archive for /retro/ threads, shit like that is asked almost every thread.
Basically, local sales sites, global sales sites Craigslist/eBay/etc, recycling centers, dumpster diving, schools and not to forget, just asking around and moving your lazy fat ass, nothing will just come to you.

>They're crazy. They can sell it on ebay for money.
Most people won't know or care. Resellers do, those are the kind of people who buy cheap from normies and sell for profit, that's why it's hard to find those things just laying around these days.

Those days are sadly over. It's getting harder and harder to find something just thrown out.

Why would you want to buy old shit?

>stop liking what I don't like!!!

What do you want to buy?

I'd like to buy ps1 for example.

I'm actually looking for an older keyboard like in OP's pic. The new keyboard is too small for my big hands(that are built for little asian men anyway)

I have to say that's not mechanical keyboard.

is it the same size of the older ones? Size is what matters for me.

ibm kb 8923

I got a mod chipped PlayStation right here.
How much?

I get all mine from local resale stores and my mecca, the junk shop.

Found my IBM PS/2 there, a 486 motherboard, floppies galore, every ISA card ill ever need, keyboards, complete 8086to 486 to Pentium 3 computers, cases, drives, accessories like flight sticks and monitors, theres even a bin of old ass hard drives and ram, a whole box of 3dfx cards and all sorts of other shit.

If I had the cash and the space, I'd buy it all, but I limit myself to 10$ a trip (and that 10$ gets a LOT)

Pic related look pretty much garbage though

bump

You gotta dig to find what's good in there
There were a lot of old mac keyboards, a model M, some unusual real old shit (lots of macros, no esc key?) And of course a lot of no so special boards like oem stuff from the "never obsolete" era

So while its a lot of fax machines and old speakers, if you can think of it, its probably in there
And this is just one part of the electronics section, there's more, including other massive areas for things like hifi, records and other music media, car parts, furniture, etc

Found a fairly new apple TV in there once, if I didnt have 2 other Netflix machines I would've grabbed it

>Netflix
disgusting
if you go proprietary, at least go Plex and DRM free

do you want retro or new-retro

Post some cool shit you've found/bought from there!

try out local thrift stores, Goodwill, Salvation Army, charity furniture stores and maybe even pawn shops. Ive never tried but also yard/garage sales. Ebay/online is cool but when it comes to old/retro tech i prefer to have my hands on it and you can tell if its worth it to try and restore or reuse. Lastly just ask around. For example I was obssesed a couple years ago with finding one of those "never obsolete" desktop pcso I can use case for sleeper build. I asked around and was given no less than 6 old pc's people just had lying around or knew someone who did and just let me have it! Theres people out there who are just storing things they may have forgotten about or know someone who does. Never did get the never obsolete but did snag a sweet hp pavillion case i still use.

Try the local пoмoйки and бapaхoлкa's

Detective work is something you have to do sometimes when hunting for old shit.
The PET I acquired recently was such a adventure, found an online ad from years ago when searching for something else for a PET 8032 with floppy drives for 100€ but apparently never sold, took me a few days to track down the original seller through a bunch of other people and he still had it in storage and was ready to sell it.

Post more!

Soviet TV and refrigerators only.

are they cool at least?

everything ITT looks garbage to me

Has anyone dealt with transfer stations before?

Bbishoppcm has gotten some cool things from there.

>some cool things
>literary overhyped shitty performa power mac

he found a IIci and some other stuff before that video tho

Not in a long time, there just isn't much there anymore.

are you guys hoarding them because the gold that's inside them?

No? We're not those fags that collect Pentium Pros just for their gold.

what then?

Nostalgia and because a lot of them are cheaper.

what has cheapness to do with something you can't even shitpost on Sup Forums whit?

>living in the past
why though?

It's closer to the womb

Is this the retro thread?

Yes, it is. I also dunno how to make my ibm work. That old hdd is dead, I can't find a new one. Maybe I can boot from floppy or cd? Help me.

Because keyboards have only gotten worse since the late 70s.

is it possible to repair scratched paint damage on plastic products or am I SOL?

It really depends on how the keycap was made though. If it's engraved PBT with literal paint in the groove, of course you can just brush fresh paint over and wipe off the excess before it dries. Laser etched...you're probably SOL. Or at least whatever repair you can reasonably do yourself will look a little different than the original.

If you're planning to sell it later, it's better to just leave it as-is than leave the customer with the aftermath of your """repairs""".

I traded my macintosh se for a Unisys cwd4001. Just be in the right place at the right time.

Also recycling centers. That's where I found the se.

LGR has one of those.

youtube.com/watch?v=ddgmzmw6_qE

Yep...

amibay.com

TVs were never cool

Этo

Soviet ones are pretty aesthetic.
Also yes they where, even western consumer sets like Trinitrons got me hard in the late 90's already. Specially in SCARTland.

>PET 8032 with floppy drives for 100€
what magical land do you live in?

I want to believe

hi

Believe what? Pentium 4's with both PCIe and ISA slots?
Yes, that was a thing. Should have kept some when they where literary piled in garbage piles to tease anons.

PCIe, SATA, DDR, and USB 2.0 coexisting with EISA, floppy, and parallel ports. Are P4-era machines the peak of x86 PC compatibility?

It's an LGA 775 board with a PCIe slot and ISA slots. You're thinking about certain Socket 478 boards.

sorry this is a bit late of a reply, most of this stuff ive already posted in other /retro/ threads so dont expect much new

heres that 486 motherboard i found and quickly sold, easy 20 bucks, i kept the processor though because ive always wanted one of those ceramic and gold ones

The ISA slots on those are usually slaved to PCI so IRQ and DMA don't work for things like sound cards.

heres some syquest hardware, i looked into this, i really want to get a lot more of it, theres loads of the cartridges, drives and housings there, i even found the original software for setting it up

heres a glory shot of my PS/2 Model 30 i got for 10 bucks

i still havent gotten around to sourcing original system disks, its a bit picky with what it will use, forums say that reformated 1.44mb drives to 720k dont work at all, so i need to find original 720k floppies with the setup image and PC-DOS start image

and heres the neat diamond multimedia card i found

most of this stuff i sell on ebay, the fun for me is finding it and cleaning it up, but i dont collect old stuff like this, i sell it to pass it on to someone who does collect this stuff

know da feel bro

Since there's no proper /retro/, I guess I'll post it here.

Guess what's in this package

something broken im sure

If you have access to such a goodies vault, if I were you:
>Buy a lot of stuff that I know Sup Forums drools over
>Clean'em
>Sell'em on ebay
>B-b-b-but thats such a filthy activity!!
No man, think about it, sooner or later some bigwig are going to wonder "what is this shit doing around here, throw it away ASAP" and then all those goodies are going to waste.
If you rescue them and make a profit for it you'll be doing a favor to the community.

It is broken indeed, but what is it..?

Sony..?

a videocamera?

A kot!

thats what i already do for the most part
unless its something i personally like or if its very hard to ship (that PS/2)
i paid 10 bucks for that thing, in its condition i can easily do 100 bucks or more, but i like it

i could go in there and leave with some pretty great hardware, new in box ISA cards, lots of voodoo's, some really unique server towers with the motherboards still in there, i really wanted these, they weigh like 20 pounds each, and all thats in there is the PSU and mobo
though i have no idea about the brand, its like 3 squares in a gold box

and the owner is good on prices too, he just wants to get rid of the shit, doesnt care if its worth anything
i told anons where this was last time, and some of what was there, and the last time i was there a lot of stuff was gone, including some old macintosh system complete with keyboard/mouse/monitor
the PC AT was gone too, i wanted that but it was a bit rusty

Jk it's actually the first handheld camcorder!

Behold, the Rubber Band™ method for charging Ni-Cds

The transport was completely seized due to the old grease having dried up. Nothing that some WD-40, lithium grease and machine oil mixed with two days of work couldn't fix.

Nope. A local company used the almost same boards in their Pentium 4 and Celeron machines. You could easily put a C2D in it too though. There where craploads of those shitboxes on the market around 5-6 years ago as they where getting obsolete.

_usually_ being the keyword here
nevermind that, the chipsets are probably way too incompatible to be of any use, even if the southbridge has real DMA access to the ISA slot, rest of it won't play nice

Nobody here is thinking it's filthy activity, that's how this stuff get out of the open in the first place.

The ones people hate are resellers who buy already things that are on sale and try to sell them for more

Nobody gives me (you)s in Ameri/g/ ;_;

Spooky cat

get a CRT

i dont want a CRT
they weight a shit ton and take up a lot of space

And so it begins

so dont get me wrong, a 5151 and a Hercules card would be fucking awesome for that classic monochrome crt experience
but i dont have the space for it, at all, i hardly have space for the ps/2 as is, im not gonna get a CRT just for it when my cheap LED screen works fine, its not like im constantly using it

I just figured that CRTs got pretty warm

recycledgoods

>need to find original 720k floppies with the setup image and PC-DOS start image

hoo boy, that's gonna be a toughie. i think they make hardware floppy emulators that'll do 720Kb tho

Not if they have been sitting in someone's basement for 20 years

>a 5151 and a Hercules card would be fucking awesome for that classic monochrome crt experience
Not on a PS/2 you shithead

>i still havent gotten around to sourcing original system disks, its a bit picky with what it will use
Are you literally too lazy or dumb to do a 20 minute job? This is like the 9th thread I see you saying that.

>forums say that reformated 1.44mb drives to 720k dont work at all
Nobody, never said, that they don't work _AT ALL_.
They where always used as a quick and dirty way, sure they won't last 20 years like actual DD disks, but installing an OS? No problem.

>so i need to find original 720k floppies with the setup image and
No you don't. HD floppies will work fine, no worse than DD floppies in a HD drive anyways.

>PC-DOS start image
winworldpc.com/product/pc-dos

Really makes one cringe how dumb and lazy someone can be. You might want to immigrate to /r/retrobattlestations/, you might find that just talking endlessly about your shit instead of doing something with it is more of their thing, you will fit right in.

>heres that 486 motherboard i found and quickly sold, easy 20 bucks
no wonder, cache chips alone would have gone for 20 bucks instantly

>i kept the processor though because ive always wanted one of those ceramic and gold ones
could at least have picked a good cpu

he said he buys, cleans and sells them
pretty sure that's just some "hipster level" shit going on, like the "am I cool yet guys? do I fit in?"

it was only 256k + 32k cache, if it was 512k or 1mb total then maybe i couldve gotten decent money for it, but i dont have the fucks to give nor a chip puller
because on my list of important stuff i have to do, get a 30 year old computer up and running for the sole purpose of taking pictures to show Sup Forums is extremely low on it, it works, its not just some crap in my garage, if i ever feel like going about getting it all set up, it wouldnt be hard at all
its just that its not a priority in the slightest, i dont want to spend 7 bucks ordering 720k floppies
and no, HD floppies wont work, ive tried extensively to get them to work, after trying danm near a dozen times i hit up the vintage computer forums and found that the drives used in these things, primarily because theyre so fucking proprietary it makes apple look user friendly, they cant read reformatted 1.44mb disks

my hobby is cleaning the things up and making them look pretty, the fact that it worked at all when i brought it home was just a bonus

i know the ps/2 is much newer than a 5151 and pretty much any mda card, but thats what i would want to do with it if i got a CRT, monochrome only, fancy text stuff

>floppy, and parallel ports
Nonshit boards still have them. Also that's not EISA

Why? Are 720k floppies rare?

bump

can I find a retro-looking laptop that is actually decently powered and fast by modern standards