/ptg/ - Private Tracker General

By the numbers edition

Previous thread >Not sure what private trackers are all about?
The mission of /ptg/ is to promote the highest possible standards of tracker service by providing members with opportunities for professional development, by recognizing technical competence through examinations and by advancing the interests of its members.

>Have a question?
FAQ pastebin.com/hrXxMHs9
WIKI wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Private_trackers

Use as a link to find the /ptg/ thread.

Remember the following:
>Staff occasionally read these generals and have posted here before.
>This is a thread for educational purposes only. Don't offer or ask for invites.
>Staff may pretend to be normal users asking for invites and when you invite them, they ban you for inviting strangers.

asuka a BIG shit

>tfw watching korean kino and complex animated cartoons from japan all day again today
>tfw not in KG

I'd eat her shit desu

Rei a shit, delete this!

they're both shit

please stop bullying apl

Misato best grill

Christmas cake slut whore

sux 2 be u

>not Hikari
bunch of plebs the lot of you

take that back right now you son of a bitch

You've got my attention

>RED is hemorrhaging users
>forums are a ghost town
>most torrents completely unseeded
>RED staff caught faking stats again

It isn't fair...

No I won't, Misato is an old hag in need of cum and probably suffers from Oedipus syndrome

More like /ptg/ is hemorrhaging posters and is a ghost town after the insane pooploop spammer and s/a/mefag weaboos drove everyone off.

anime posting should be perma banned

By the time you finish reading this post, Pooloo will have lost 3 more users...
...and now it's 4 more users.

So is ptp irc down?

Can't remember password and email recovery says that my email not valid.

Am I permabanned?

t. insane REDdit anti-anime spammer

>anime posting
>banned on a anime website
weeew

From 1 to 10, what is the level of privacy on private trackers?

We will find you
and we will post about your fursona

10 goyim, yes yes, very private, very secure, yes yes good goy, also rent one of our seedboxes yes yes

What are some nice non-anime private trackers for a cute weeb like me?

>tfw Sickrage doesn't manage AB, so I actually have to log in to the site to download anime

can't you use RSS for it?

if ab has an announce channel then use autodl. you dont need rutorrent or rtorrent to set it up

No news in two months... Is there any reason for you to be coming to this thread every day, user?

I miss it every day :'^(

prove you're a qt

Is there a way into IPT without coughing up $20

Or at least is there a way of finding out what's on the site beforehand

Most private trackers have unofficial IPT invites.

there's an unlimited offer for IPT on waffles

I'm so desperate I started browsing other boards

Why haven't we tried to start a tracker
Or has it been done before

OT

How do you expect me to do something like that jeez user don't be sucha big BAKA

RED doesn't

Depends 100% on how much effort you put into your privacy.

>tfw seedbox is nearly full
My local system only has 3TB of storage. I did not anticipate downloading this much media. Someone help

PTP wouldn't be so classless as to reopen official recruitment on the anniversary of What's death, would they?
because that almost seems like what they're going for at this point

>using a seedbox for long term storage

That was exactly my point. I'm not using my seedbox for long term storage. I'm saying I don't have enough hard drives for long term local storage

You don't have to keep every file you download you know. I have autoremove delete shit pretty much as soon as it's out of H&R.

I know I don't. I like having an unnecessarily large collection of ultra high quality stuff I can watch on my smartphone. Autism, basically

>ultra high quality stuff
>watch on my smartphone
that's not autism, that's just plain and simple full retard

The smartphone thing is a may may. But yes, my tv is too old to really distinguish between 1080p quality and anything higher

What's wrong with that? I have a SData for that very reason

Why pay $7-10/TB/month when you could just buy your own drives for $20/TB and have them forever?

Not him, but drives fail. Particularly large ones

kyle successfully killed this general with his endless anime spam

We are all Kyle

>Sdata
>not Sdata XL

>what is RAID
Not that it's really worth it anyway, a media collection is easily replaceable.

I thought of RAID as well. But why should I buy twice as many drives to store media I downloaded for free anyway?

You only need one extra drive to recover all data in the event that one fails, not twice as many.

>But why should I buy twice as many drives to store media I downloaded for free anyway?
Why should you buy a seedbox to store media you downloaded for free anyway?

>>RED is hemorrhaging users
>>forums are a ghost town
>>most torrents completely unseeded
>>RED staff caught faking stats again
>It isn't fair...
Nor real.

t. insane pooploop spammer

>>anime posting
>>banned on a anime website
>weeew
Apparently you are not familiar with the concept that every thread on Sup Forums isn't about your fucking cartoons.

>Why haven't we tried to start a tracker
>Or has it been done before
Because that's what mu was - a tracker run by a bunch of incompetent retards who thought the only thing wrong about what.cd is that it wasn't run by a bunch of incompetent retards with users constantly uploading white noise, farting into mics, and rapping over youtube videos for top keks at one another for the lulz.

A ptg tracker would fill with ingrateful leechers, shitty quality control, and people waiting for everyone else to do all the work.

>Not him, but drives fail. Particularly large ones
It's called backblaze. It's not expensive. The peace of mind you'll have is amazing.

>t. insane pooploop spammer
Your lack of reading comprehension is as obvious as your idiocy.

>t. insane "insane" meme spammer
just give it a rest

I can post my anime wherever I want fag

>>t. insane "insane" meme spammer
>just give it a rest
I'm not the one spamming memes, you fucking mouthbreather.

>I can post my anime wherever I want fag
Yes, you can. And just like in real life, people will think you're a degenerate sad asexual for doing so.

pooploop is dead and i am glad

It was right there in the name the whole time. RIP.

What level of quality do you torrent media on, and what device do you use to watch, listen, etc.?

>What level of quality do you torrent media on

wat

>and what device do you use to watch, listen, etc.?

I stream from my NAS to Kodi

I use my Westone W60s for listening to youtube2flac that I got from pooloo.

I don't consume media, I just like climbing the pyramid. Nothing ever leaves my seedbox.

>Ten years left on BT Sync to sync my downloads from my seedbox to my local drive

Kill me now fampai

>Not going to a library with good internet to upload/download with a laptop and harddrive
It's what I do with my shitty connection

I have seeded my 14tb library on the cabal for almost 3 months now. I logged into most periodically. Am i at a risk of b& if i had been a very good standing user?

I moved earlier this summer and havent had a chance to reset up my system. And I'm about to move into a new apt in a month

I hate talking to staffers but i dont want to lose HDB and BTN. Esp after all the quality autism i devoted to get into them

I meant I haven't

I might have to. Uni internet is suffering

You won't lose your accounts as long as you occasionally log in and snatch something

I hope not. I'm sitting on a retardedly high number of HnRs on btn because i accidently downloaded seasons of a show onto my NAS when i was fucked up the day before I moved. They say 15 is the limit. Even tho my avg seeding size is 4tb

How big are your HnRs total
Depending on the size you could just rent a shitty seedbox for a single month and upload from that, assuming you're actually able to upload the files onto it

Is FreeNAS any good? I mainly need to store my media, set up a Plex server, and maybe use rtorrent to seed for bonus points and time

i've used it for years as a storage and torrent server. it's mostly fine, but it can be a massive pain in the ass sometimes considering it's bsd and all the retardation that goes along with bsd.

Yeah, BSD is weird. But the comparison I had in my head was FreeNAS vs. one of those prebuilt media NAS servers you can get online

True. However it's just laziness I guess because i don't want to rebuild my pc again and my movers lost and refound a box after a month so i lost interest. Once I move into my new place I'll set up my mini home theater system I'll have motivation to rebuild the NAS as well

>tfw snatching everything in ultra high quality to watch on a 1080p tv

Why do I do this /ptg/?

I bet youre not even on the best trackers

a simple ubuntu server would probably be better, with freenas you have to deal with plugin jails. it has a transmission plugin that is a point and click install, but with rtorrent you'd have to do a bunch of shit, just google rtorrent freenas jail and you'll see the headache you'll have to deal with.

I'm not. The best tracker I'm on is BTN

>ultra high
>1080p
UHD != 1080p

Thats decent. HDB is only worth it if you're a content(satisfied) autist, in which case It's orgasmic

I'm pretty sure
>HD = 720p
>UHD = 1080p
>4k = 4k

oh wait, you can just install rtorrent with the package manager now, didn't realize that.

>snatching things in ultra high quality
>to watch on a 1080p tv

Nowhere in that post does it imply that the snatches are 1080p. Did you forget how to read?

Probably I'm fucked. I'm catching a delibird rn on Go so stfu

>download speeds are absolute horseshit because the tracker would rather be "excloosive 31337" than actually recruit seeders

Where my boi spaghetti at?

>ingrateful leechers, shitty quality control, and people waiting for everyone else to do all the work
and we already have Apollo for all that

>go to download some anime
>nyaa has it in far better quality than AB
What a joke of a tracker

>Yet more freeleech on APOLLO
>Economy in tatters
>Freeloaders waiting for everyone else to do the work
>BP system not implemented after 9 months
>100 users a day leaving
>Daily net loss of torrents covered up with activity faking script
>No new uploads
>HnRs