>$40 cheap chair that has lasted me 7 years
>0 back pain
>decide to upgrade to a 'big boi' ergonomic chair that costs $300
>get lower back pain 2 days later

haha
anyone else fell for the chair meme

I don't believe you

how do you sit in the chair?

I'm literally using a stool now, almost like pic related. I put books under the back legs to make it forward inclined a bit. Comfiest shit ever.

I'm also thinking of just making a chair that is basically just a bicycle saddle.

Maybe you have shit posture and it's helping you get it right, which can be a uncomfortable process?

Ok I lied about spending $300, but I did spend $120 for one.

Nothing special, just normal.

It has a lever for allowing the back to recline. Maybe that's the issue? Or maybe my back was so fucked up from using the $40 chair for so long that the pain is actually 'fixing' my back? I dont know

Good chairs can adjust in many different ways to keep you in good posture.
The back and tile, raise and lower independent from the seat.
The seat should also be able to adjust back and forward independent from the rest of the chair.
The the arm rests should be able to adjust in height, inwards, outwards and rotate.
If your chair can't do all of that, it's probably a shit chair.

>paying more than $100 for a computer chair

$120 is very low end as far as ergo chairs go, good chairs will routinely run you a few hundred and four digits isn't out of the question either.

Probably this

i'm in my 30s and have been sitting indian style at all times out of school since childhood
my standing posture is great and i never have back problems, even though my sitting posture has a monstrous forward slump

straight posture = poor posture

>Fixing your back
I doubt a chair can do this, but if your back is fucked, using a decent chair to stay sit right will be painfull, it will not fix anything but it will stop you to get more severe bone problems

>anyone else fell for the chair meme
You failed to adjust your chair properly but obviously it's the chair's fault.

Using chairs in 2017? BAKA Senpai.

I got a steelcase gesture and its amazing

I'm about to drop 70 on an amazon basics black office chair, I plan on sitting on it pretty much all day, should I do it or should I spend the extra money on a better chair that won't destroy my posture?

>$50 chair from Office Depot 10 years ago
>all the padding has worn out from the seat
>most of the vinyl has completely chipped off
>creaks when moving more than 2 inches in any direction
>still sitting in it due to fear of change
help

>not owning a Herman Miller

Poorfags get OUT of my board.

bought pic related recently and it's surprisingly good. built like a fucking tank. I can sit in this for hours whereas my old meme markus chair would fuck my lower back sideways.

worth every penny.

>IKEA Markus fucked
please tell me that's not the case
I can't afford the $400+ chairs and a $200 budget one was perfect

Never have I ever been more comfortable in a chair compared to this. I stole it from my fucking college because like fuck I was going to pay 10 grand to teach myself and not get that shit.

you cant just steal college property because you think you deserve it

you cant do that user!

FUCK YOU MOM YOU NEVER LET ME DO ANYTHING

Like a new bed, it may take your body a couple of weeks to adjust. Be sure to take frequent breaks and get up and walk around, stretch, etc.

That's more like $1000

I don't think anyone except filthy rich and stupid people buy those brand new
You get them refurbished somewhere

>Paying for a computer chair

I use a fireproof chair I got for free from a dumpster behind a fire department.

It weighs like 30 pounds, is a hideous puke green color and everyone that sits in it besides me claims to get back pain within minutes.

I honestly just can't be arsed to pay for a new one so here it remains.