Is this still the recommended mp3 player?

Is this still the recommended mp3 player?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01N6MA68A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Tfw you get your MP3 player out and everyone looks at you like you're insane

For poors 10 years ago? Yeah maybe.

Sony Walkman is Sup Forumss recommended media player.

No

it was always shit.

Why does Sup Forums like this? It doesnt even have adequate power to drive a decent pair of over ear headphones and it clearly isnt meant for enjoyig anything other than 320 or lower mp3s/oggs.
FiiO players are true Sup Forums reccomendations. This is just for plebs who don't care about audio quality.

rockbox support. Rockbox makes it last seemingly forever and makes it customizable and stable as fuck.

is there no display?
how do you know which album are you currently playing?

ipod

Delete this.

>is there no display?
No. It trades the display for the ability to drive 600 ohm headphones, like and entire day of battery and the being able to also work as a stand alone amplifier.
>how do you know which album are you currently playing?
it plays songs in the order they were added, you can skip a whole folder or a song or even use shuffle using the buttons. It's like an old player, you cant carry 2000 songs in it, you have to select your favorites to make it maneagable.

In my experience they have spotty linux support

Is it enough for audio books?

Lol I see pajeets and old people with them all the time

you'd probably have more trouble finding the audiobooks than making them fit in one of those

this is apparently the same thing, its a newer product, basically same price, exact same ui, and higher quality plastic

Why the fuck would you use your massive power hungry over ears in the streets or on the move?

I'd say its a pretty good "starter" or backup player if you just want a device that will absolutely last a couple days with no questions. Audio quality cannot be beat for its price @ 30$ but like the other user said it's not the device you would want to load with shit loads of files. I would basically just stick on audiobooks, podcasts, or very long mixes on this thing.

The whole point of sansa is rockbox, if rockbox doesn't support it, it's pointless.

get this instead

this seems a nice little player, I was thinking about the walnut v2s but all reviews are in russian, and this one has same type of tough body with a screen but like 10 hour batt

xduoo x3 with rockbox

its perfect

>lock psp
>want to change volume/song/
>unlocking it past a certain point and you suspend the psp
even better
>dont lock it
>put in bag/pocket
>something presses the L/R button
>skips song

dont defend this thing, its good for anything but music

you are very right about the lock button but i still love this thing

get a cheap older ipod (gen 5 or older), and mod it to take flash memory. you can get boards for this from iflash.xyz that work great. then load rockbox on it and you're good to go. replacement batteries are plentiful and cheap as well, so you don't have to worry about that.

the only hard part is actually opening the ipod, but it's really not that bad with a little practice.

is this still the recommended mp3 player

I accidentally bought this, should arrive next week.

>accidentally
>OH SHIT I BOUGHT AN XDUOO

There's a plugin for this "Hold+"
It makes the PSP a great music device, you should still get an official PSP Headphones with Remote Control.

A Ipod Video is a better device though,Rockbox compatible, 30GB minimum, can replace the hard drive with memory sticks using a hardware mod, can replace the battery, can replace the screen, can replace the audio port and parts are cheap as fuck.

it can be rockbox'd so its still very decent and will last even longer

I'm looking on rockbox's site, I don't see this device listed.

>caring what other people think

Mine has lasted me for ten years both on and off the job. My battery is slowly losing max charge, but it's not bad enough yet to even worry about it. With Rockbox on it it becomes completely customizable. They're discontinued now, so expect to buy a used one or a marked up NIB one. I foresee mine lasting another ten years, easily.

I want it for my opus player.

My bestest pal

It actually can't IIRC, only the X3 can.

I posted in an earlier thread that I bought this Shangling M1, but that was after cancelling an X2 I bought for cheap. Sadly the cancel didn't get through so I'm out like 30 dollars.

What's your review on those in ear monitors? Was going to order some

man the shangling is a cute player, is the battery life good? I really want a device that's not just another phone I have to worry about keeping charged

So can any of these play songs without any half second skip between them like cds or not? I know Ipods do that but I don't want one of those.

You can do this with rockbox.

Great. Was just using Co-Donguri IEMs. These are a bit more bassy and the isolation and fit is amazing. Not sure how they compare to the billion other chinkshit IEMs in the same price range but I have no complaints.

I wanted something similar to Shure SE215s but for cheap so I got these. The KZ ZS5 are hideous so I didn't want those, even though more people praise them.

It's supposedly around 9 hours but I haven't had a chance to use it for that long without charging.

would this be a good first player? I want something that will just last and play a couple of my favorite songs/podcasts

this is actually a technical limitation in MP3. the iPods have a workaround for this that's decent, rockbox has one that's a bit worse. your best bet is to use a different audio format, honestly.

go with FLAC or Vorbis.

Poorfag here. I'm talking mega poorfag, like poverty levels. Is there any downside to those $5 display-less mp3 players with the clip, besides audio quality?

I mean, can MP3 players really be THAT bad? all they do is play music

Yes, because it's the only one that was extensively measured.

All the other ones that allegedly "sound good" haven't been measured, so you don't know what you're getting, and what impedance headphones they will work with, etc.

Your smartphone probably has a better dac and amp.

You'd be surprised, but they objectively don't, or don't have published measurements to prove it.

And "better" is rather relative, considering that the sansa clip is good enough to be transparent within the limits of human hearing.

Get that walnut v2 man its just 30$ and will last a life time

Nah bro, I used a PSP-2000 as my mp3 player in my car. Shit was so cash.

Looks aesthetic af, but no way I can justify spending $150, especially when I have like 3 sansa clips lying around

I work in construction...anyone got any rugged PMP recommendations? Preferably around $100

this is why youre still a virgin

pointless cause new ones are not even cheap anymore. 120$ on amazon vs 30$ for one of these clone/knock off players.

>Sansa

>implying chads care what people think

No, iPods are.

Got one of these given to me. Is there any way to rockbox these things. I fucking hate using itunes. To transfer 1 song to the ipod i have to fucking do all this bullshit

>Is there any way to rockbox these things
No, you can only Rockbox certain clickwheel iPods.
>I fucking hate using itunes
Just add your music directory to iTunes's library and set up autosync, whenever you plug in your iPod it'll sync everything. Even more convenient than dragon drop.

I've used the A17 for a few years now, it's been able to keep p with me more so thanany other player I've used before. Walkman A17 can play music for up to 50 hours and it holds up to about 192 gigs which shits on the Ipod classic. No need for proprietary programs either, it'sjust plug and play although it does use aproprietary cable for charging and to connect to PC.

>Implying virgins give a fuck about what other people think

By definition virgins give less of a fuck about other people's opinions.

i thought that thing was so stupid when i first saw it then a gf got me one shit was amazing best ipod of all time wish apple kept making them.

how do you deal with it not having enough space?
&
>Itunes

>walnut v2
How am I meant to use this shit? It has no screen?

fug that's pretty

Sounds like you're full of shit, where you from? The Clip was discontinued several years ago.

Its more awkward to use, you'd want to keep favorites on it, 30 files max because otherwise it would be real annoying to cycle through. But this will last a week with moderste use and sound quality sounds like more expensive players, plus the thing is a tank. But not the best if you like a ton of music

I still use sansa.. It's a bit shitty the lack of flac support but rockbox is alright

>It's a bit shitty the lack of flac suppor
wat

you can't play 24bit flac

I don't know hoy many bits is my FLAC but I already play FLAC with Sansa + Rockbox

rockbox does play flac but I'm having problems with setting the EQ.
Stock sansa firmware sounds better but it doesn't play 24bit flac

Oooh, I get it better now. I don't know because I have a really simple setting for the EQ but I think it should be some advanced option. Also try the developer instead of mainline if you want it.

there is an advanced option but on that tiny display is hell to set it up

I bought one of these.

amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01N6MA68A

Battery life is great, controls are a tad unintuitive, sound quality is solid, but theres no gapless playback.

Basically read the review I left on it.

Theres a slightly better model for 50 quid with bluetooth and physical controls.

Just buy/use a phone. There's no need for dedicated music players.

>this is apparently the same thing
Truth is it isn't. Shitty quality, shitty firmware. Throw in trash and get the trash out.

a screenless player? yikes

>constant messages, email and shit playing sounds over your music
>can't hand your phone to someone while you listen to music
>terrible battery life
>no dedicated hardware buttons you can operate blindly

I could go on but I'm bored trying to educate you already.

Was getting caught part of his plan?

Is there any Ramsay earphones to stick it inside Sansa ?

>still can't use Zune with Linux distributions
>Sansa Clip is retarded with file tags

Just eat a dick

>good for anything but music

Sheeeeit muhnigga, I still use this thing to emulate literally everything. PSP games were shit.

i use this its like a tank

Damn, that thing is cute af

Sony Walkman fan here. Been using it for years. Going for a 5-mile run with a fuckhuge smartphone flopping around in your pocket is just dumb.

Hell yeah!

Man, that alien got some moves

>buys reference audio setup
>listens to vaporwave

>>no dedicated hardware buttons you can operate blindly
As a user of a touchscreen mp3 player, the lack of this pisses me off to no end.
Also that my left thumb does not make the interface react. No idea why.

I was telling a friend just earlier how this is the most enduring bit of tech I've bought. I still use it regularly at the gym and there is no reason to replace it

It hasn't discontinued actually
>mfw person is a brainlet

got this and the watchband for it.

It has actually.

It is no longer in production, and stopped being in production years ago.
It was 'replaced' with inferior clip models, which after several generations of downgrades have become a shadow of its once proud self.

What iems? Where did you get them from?

I just need something for playing audio books. Don't really care about audio quality, as long it is not too bad, and other high tech shit. It just needs a continue function.

Any recommendations?

Probably that walnut posted earlier

Look up tenmak pro. I got them off amazon japan since I live in Japan and was too lazy to wait for the cheaper aliexpress or whatever versions to ship to me more slowly.