Windows XP is still the best Operating System ever made

Windows XP is still the best Operating System ever made.

I wonder if it actually is or do we just remember it fondly because we grew up on it...

That's not Windows 2000.

Nah, it is. At least for UI. Just goes to show that even when someone hits perfection they need to keep changing shit just for the sake of changing shit. Dumbass humans.

Windows 2000 deserves props for being the first "mainstream" NT kernel given that people chose it over Windows ME which received tons of negative press, but it was still something that wasn't quite ready for the consumer market it was thrust into. No drivers and few games, plus DOSBox hadn't become popular yet so a consumer switching from Windows 98 to 2000 would be annoyed. 2000 mainly paved the way for XP which would be the first great NT experience for your average user.

but it was ugly as fuck

yes it is the last thing that was good and came form Microsoft

Now we are lost in a sea of Linux distros

>having shit taste

>ridden with security holes from day 1 that would go months or years without being patched
>first version of windows with the universal backdoor
>retarded fisher price UI that would not get out of your face
>less stable than NT 5.0
nostalgia babies please leave, XP was a trainwreck.

>Windows XP
A petrie dish for viruses.

owo

>>less stable than NT 5.0
>couldn't be left running for more than a few weeks without crashing, even if it was doing nothing.

>offers a ton of functionality, etc
>"it's not pretty enough for me"
Your attitude is the reason why Windows 10's UI is so shitty

slag off you 21 year old pussy. i have more fond memories of '98 and 2000/ME

With the classic theme is magnificent.

If you like the Luna theme you can't tell others they have shit taste though, fucking degenerate.

Apart from Vista circa 2007-2009, XP was the least stable NT version I've used. I'm not going to say Windows because a 9x system running for more than a few hours at a time was a miracle, but in terms of NT XP was not stable. I had a total of one unscheduled restart under 2k and it was just some poorly configured driver, easily fixed. XP would seemingly crash for no reason at all and was just in general a nightmare to deal with. Random filesystem corruption on healthy harddisks, resource hogging, and so on. I was all too happy to drop it.

slag off you 31 year old pussy. i have more fond memories of 3.0

I fucking hated windows xp with its shitty bubbly themes and its worse resource consumption. I kept Windows 98 on my computer until Steam finally stopped supporting it around 2005 or so. God damn.

Watercolor was based as fuck. Shame they changed it to Luna.

3.0 was dos with icons

That's not OSX Leopard

windows 7 has a better looking UI

kek

You can tell it was made with love, unlike other windows versions

Good point. I like it because it's so comfy and not overbearing like win 10. But I have no clue how I'd feel if it wasn't on my first computer.

This, even though I liked luna, watercolor was better in practically every aspect, and it aged better than luna

i miss xp themes the most, it was fun to try new ones and i even made some custom edits for myself, changing to just the right color that was missing from a theme pack, or adding custom pictures to the start menu bg

Why the fuck doesn't Microsoft let you change themes anymore?

> install xp
> connect to Internet to update
> get virus within 60 seconds

This.
/thread

wallpaper sauce?

Clearly OP hasn't heard of Solus

uwu

If it was up to date and as safe as other operating systems not to mention having to be faster, then I'd actually switch back to XP

This.

do you know kali linux?

It's not

This, Luna sucked. My standard rice for XP back in the day always included Watercolor.

Windows is the worst family of operating systems and XP is far from best.

No.

But, I will grant it is one of the best, and certainly Best Windows. I still run two XP machines in my house, with no desire or need to retire them for several years yet.

It was good for it's time. My first PC had it. Drivers could be a pain, you had to make sure you didn't lose the CD or whatever. I remember fiddling with the sound to try and get it to work.

Start Menu is better than on W10.
No spyware bullshit, no bloated features that you don't need.

It's limited by being 32bit of course. Good for it's time but I'd rather use macOS or Linux.

does it feel better when you shitpost?

>Start Menu is better than on W10.
Subjective, but Vista and 7's start menu is better than XP's.

>No spyware bullshit
This is not true for any Windows OS post-2k

>no bloated features that you don't need
XP was just 2k with the bloat from ME