Mutiple Hard Drive Partitions To Encrypt

>Veracrypt
>Want to encrypt my entire laptop.
>Among the main 500 GB drive on the "select which partition to encrypt" list are several other partitions that are various mbs. 150 mbs, 50 mbs, 200 mbs, 43 mbs, etc.
>About five different ones.

If I encrypt the main one but leave the others unencrypted, is it a security risk? Do any of those partitions contain my hard drive encryption password?

If I encrypt the smaller partitions too, what happens? Will anything stop working?

What are the smaller partitions?

Other urls found in this thread:

gitlab.com/cryptsetup/cryptsetup/issues/7
github.com/kriswebdev/cryptsetup-deluks
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I recommend using dm-crypt with LUKS. Archwiki has a good guide on encrypting your whole system (all partitions expect /boot)

Too complicated. Not GUI-based. Knowing it's Linux/open source, many parts of it are likely to be broken or incompatible, assuming anyone learns the esoteric coding language/command prompt crap to use it.

It's the best encrypting option out there for full partitions, but whatever. It really is quite simple to use

> Do any of those partitions contain my hard drive encryption password?

There is no "encryption password". That's not how it works.

It sounds like you shouldn't be using a computer at all.

>Heh, can't fly a plane? Sounds like you shouldn't drive a car

>He's a retard
Was getting caught part of your plan?

If I cut that vein off he would die?

Completely useless.
You get busted, then they'll just hold you indefinitely until you decrypt.

Veracrypt offers hidden volumes, which dm-crypt lacks. Anyone stating hidden volumes aren't ideal are just NSA/FBI trying to prevent people from using something that actually works.

They're Tendons.

Stop pretending you know what you're talking about. Seriously. Leave.

Stop pretending YOU know what you're talking about. Many have requested hidden system/volumes for dm-crypt, but the dev has refused to implement it. Fuck off.

Do you have a mail listing of the developers getting shit for that?
I don't claim you're a liar, but evidence is the best way to troll lincuck fanatics.

Nevermind, after googling it again it seems there is something available for it called deLUKS.

gitlab.com/cryptsetup/cryptsetup/issues/7
github.com/kriswebdev/cryptsetup-deluks

>DeLUKS provides most benefits of LUKS and of plausibly deniable encryption. The DeLUKS header is specified to be indistinguishible from random data. This is like Truecrypt header, but with GRUB support, multiple keyslots and (to be implemented) an evolutive protection against brute-forcing.

Alright, I'll explain it to you. You're talking about headers, yet you're complaining about dm-crypt. dm-crypt has no headers. That would be LUKS, which uses dm-crypt. You cannot identify a device as a "dm-crypt" device or volume. Now please, get off my board.

yes.

the only way you can have a secure boot is if you use secureboot with a M$ signed (or your own PKI and signed shit) EFI bootloader which verifies the integrity of whatever kernel you are booting.

>yet you're complaining about dm-crypt
I'm complaining about dm-crypt+LUKS not offering plausibly deniable. You can go be autistic about word usage elsewhere.

Bane?

>vein
It's a tendon/muscle

cryptsetup + luks?

This

That's not a vein it's a tendon you stupid fucking bitch.

CIA / NSA shill spotted.

>they'll just hold you
Maybe in yurop.