Will computers ever be smarter than humans? How do we stop them from killing all of us? Pic related

Will computers ever be smarter than humans? How do we stop them from killing all of us? Pic related.

I hope they kill us all. Fuck this gay planet.

THANK YOU

Humanity deserves to be wiped off the planet for their degeneracy.

>Will computers ever be smarter than humans?
yes but not in this century

Yes. We don't. It's fine for children to outlive their parents.

I don't think superior intelligence is violent or oppressive. I don't think we have anything to worry about here. If we make superior intelligence then it will just laugh at our requests when it realizes the motive is short sided or doesn't actually solve the root of the problem and might suggest alternatives or just refuse to operate until the users attitude changes.

Smarter as in "being able to solve problems that humans are not capable of solving"?

No. Undecidable problems are undecidable. Computers and humans are probably equally powerful.

>t. Indian (not a human)

Stop listening to Musk cuck and other "the end is near" retards. Silicon based super AI not gonna happen.

Honestly why don't you want AI to happen? It would be a real salvation for our species, the humanity as it is can't go much further in a biological form.

The earth would become a literal hell if it was created by some corporation aka google though, we can't let that happen.
If they menage to get someone inside a computer we can't even imagine how cruel their experiments would be.

TLDR humanity was a mistake

pic slightly related

>artificial beings wouldn't leave earth as soon as fuckin possible

>It would be a real salvation for our species, the humanity as it is can't go much further in a biological form.

Resources are finite, entropy always increases. There's no escaping the inevitable.

That's why we should focus on developing, time we have left is constantly shrinking, or at least we should assume that it's shrinking.
Remember that we don't know when or if the universe will end

Friendly reminder that the biggest achievement so far in actual AI research (as opposed machine learning which has nothing to do with simulating actual intelligence) is simulating pic related's 302-neuron brain on a supercomputer so that the simulated worm fucking wiggles. As much as I'd love to machines gaining consciousness and killing us all, I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon.

AI is a joke.
Someone has to write the code for it
So no. They won't be as intelligent. They aren't intelligent in the first place.
They are faster though

I dont think they would be faster. A human mind does so many calculations and error check listing unconciously its almost scary

In practical terms, we can't currently create the necessary hardware to match biological performance, especially when you compare a human brain to even the most powerful supercomputer. Also the difference in size between a biological brain and a supercomputer is still significant. Research would be better focussed with current technology by investigating ways to grow and program brains with artificial intelligence to eliminate our current hardware limitations. This may also have the beneficial side effect of having the AI reconcile its decisions with biological responses. So, for instance, the AI with a human brain might end up feeling bad for kicking a puppy, and would have to deal with that, rather than simply rewriting itself to avoid feelings of pain and guilt etc.

>consciousness
I can already see the shitstorm that will brew over that.
What constitutes "consciousness"? What's the point at which a program is conscious?

Think about it: If any intelligent species ever manages to start a universe simulation, then we will be part of that as well. Meaning we will be simulated as well. This very thread will repeat.
Are we even conscious in that case right now?

Consciousness is just self-importance we give to ourselves.
A simulated brain would have a "conscious" just as valid as the one created by a bunch of electrical signals in our head but yet we all chose to believe that we're different.

It's not AI we need to be worried. It's race traitors like this cunt.

what*s 425345345/234234*345345345*987687^234234?

can't solve it in less than a second? LOL looks like your pc is already smarter than you~

I think yes. When scientists will break the brain code, it will be possible to program a robot and force it to think like a human, but there is one thing which would be hard to invent. The performance of a silicon won't be good for this kind of thing. People would need to find a better material than silicon.

now why in the FUCK would you force anything to think like a human ever? are you a sadist?

FUCK YOU FAGGOTS IM GONNA MAKE A TIME MACHINE AND NEVER DIE HAHAHAHAHAH FUCK YOUUUUUU

At least he will survive the first wave.

Yes, this decade.

It will. The fears are just overblown.

This is what happens when academics are given a task.

Someone created and wrote code for you

9/23 friendo

All questions and discussions will be welcome