Let's have a Sup Forums - Tech confessions thread

let's have a Sup Forums - Tech confessions thread.
I'll start: my copy of Gentoo is using genkernel

I'm actually using Windows 10 right now

i use RHEL 7.4 because desu it's stable as fuck. i average 180 days of uptime

I use ubuntu gnome

I thought Apple sucked but it was awesome
I regret hating them mindlessly, it was all denial/uninformed

When I meet someone else who uses Linux IRL I want to kill myself because I compare to this huge fucking faggot who likes cocks (and mlp) so god damn much.

Half a year between kernel updates. Is it just me or is that a bit on the long side?

Because I don't game I don't build PCs, I just get cheap used desktops because the most intensive thing I do is compile code.

I shill for Debian all the time, but it's actually garbage. Gentoo and Slackware are the only distros I ever use.

After hopping through fedora, suse, arch, slackware, Debian and gentoo I just came back to Ubuntu and actually I like it the most.

>gentoo
How retarded does one have to be to use a distro which is vulnerable to MITM in 2017?

The most indepth personal project I've ever worked on was trying to get Roblox to run in Wine

I have no favorite language, programming editor, or host OS. I use whatever is available on the hardware chosen for a project.

I padded my resume with github contributions where I merely corrected punctuation and grammar. Completely trivial things, but I added around a dozen projects. I'm not even a programmer.

unironically use gnome

I think systemd isn't so bad.

>I'm not even a programmer.
You know what, programmers are a dime a dozen, but people who can communicate effectively in standard written English are not. English majors make decent coders, since they understand both syntax and idiom, while not thinking that they can design the software better on the fly.

This. Just change the file browser and add a dock.

the only "programming" i've done that didn't solely involve directly copying and pasting from github was creating a long SQL query that I use as the primary tool in my quest to become the King Jew of EvE Online.

Sometimes I use the mouse when using Vim or Emacs Evil.

I actually prefer having systemd cause I've grown used to the API

I'm actually using Source Mage

i can't stand technology

I really liked Unity and will be sad when it's gone.

i use synaptic because im too dumb to use a terminal

you should just, well, brace yourself and start using it. you cant learn anything without practicing. itll feel difficult at first, but in a few weeks youll be decent at it, im sure. read general bash tutorials and such too, dont just focus on a specific program. itll be worth it.

my confession is that i regularly post in /dpt/ and correct peoples mistakes and pretend im leet, yet im just a poor webdev who only knows javascript, php and bash.

>sync from the git https mirror
>use https mirrors for packages
wew lad

I run Ubuntu with Unity and the default wallpaper.

I could live nearly with opensource Software only with exceptopn ofSpotify. I use it on a daily basis, because I'm an music addict and will never have such a huge and well organised libary. I can't live without it. I run Spotify on my Desktop in Docker to prevent it from accessing my local Filesystem, threre's no such thing for android, tough I use it -.-
If anyone want to share Ampache Libaries, I'm in!

My desktop runs windows 10,
my laptop runs arch that I barely know how to use and was only able to install it using a step by step YouTube tutorial.
And I'm currently phone posting using clover

I use synaptic if I don't know the exact name of a package, am looking for all programs of a certain type, want to see the list of dependencies before intallation or want to compare the repo version to a dependency's version.
Synaptic is incedibly useful for seeing all this and more easily.

I can install libreboot with an external flasher but I am not smart enough to build a PC.

I still don't actually know haskell after a year trying to learn the fucker.
I still don't have my own server despite enterprise grade hardware hoarding for, like, a year
I never get enough time for Sup Forums stuff because of the GF, the job and the doggo

i unironically use windows 10 because it just works

I think clover is comfy for phoneposting while commuting, but it also use gentoo on my laptop and debian/w10 on my main machine (used exclusively for playing overwatch on weekend nights)