Post your simple/small/stupid questions

Post your simple/small/stupid questions
Take at least 10 seconds to google first

old thread - Look, I'm going to be honest. I'm a retard when it comes to scripting languages. I've used some python in the past but that's been 10 years ago. I've downloaded the prereq's and they're currently in a folder. I downloaded the most recent versions of everything. Where do I run the command line from? I tried running it from the bash/readline folder and the says that "is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file."

What am I doing wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

howtogeek.com/249966/how-to-install-and-use-the-linux-bash-shell-on-windows-10/
youtube.com/user/itfreetraining/playlists
pastebin.com/rBLeEHFd
arch-anywhere.org/
makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Picture of what I've got.

Bash means linux command line basically mate.

How do I get bash working on Windows, can I not use it like python where I run a command line from the install folder?

how big is the performance difference between a SSD and a HDD

enormous. get a fucking ssd already.

Alright, Bash works on Windows thanks to some update. How do I get the other stuff, curl
and pcre working though?

use an emulator like cygwin and install curl

Anyone made a solder iron before? Would getting 2 bits if thick copper wire and a stainless steel knife work? And stick bit of wire in + and - on car battery or wall outlet?

>7.55.1
did they fix the thread bug yet

I set up Bash using this - howtogeek.com/249966/how-to-install-and-use-the-linux-bash-shell-on-windows-10/

and then followed the usage instructions, without downloading curl / PCRE, and it it seemed to run? I think it worked?

i was the to make the of cpu faster but he is of the slows the unto of the when make him of the faster deleted the files will the of more the drive spindle make him of the more the fasts?

wtf happen to the screengrab tool and nightly?

fucking firecuck devs...

uh only problem is I have no idea where it actually saves to.

Anyone got tips to typing faster and more consistent? I can't for the life of me get into touch typing, I keep resorting back to 2-4 fingers.
I can go without looking at the keyboard easily when typing, but I can't get my brain to use more than 4 fingers to type with (2 each hand of course)
Please, I know 70-80WPM is above average, but I want to be able to type faster and get more consistent with typing. Are online typing test reliable? I've done some tests on 10fastfingers, but I'm shit with tests.

I do the same thing, I learned how to type playing Runscape, but I only use the my pointer and middle fingers from each hand (not counting thumb for space or left hand keyboard inputs when gaming). I can maintain 90+ wpm with little error, so I'm not that hard pressed about changing it. It may look weird to others how you're typing, but who cares? I tried to change how I type years ago but I couldn't get my brain and fingers to work together so I went back to the 4 finger start I'm used ti.

My phone won't turn on. Left it charging for an hour and the Green LED blinks but that's about it. Won't go on past that.
Is there a way to fix this without getting it replaced?
Model: Droid Turbo 2

I spilled coffee all over my asus gaming laptop. I turned it off and shook it then turned it back on and it worked for a few minutes then smelt something burning and the screen flashed and shut off. Ive tried turning it back on and charging it to no avail. Should i take the battery out then try turn it on?

Why doesn't catalog search find /sqt/, if /sqt/ is IN THENAME FIELD?

It needs to be in subject not the name

Because the name field isn't relevant, and only stupid people use it as a subject field.

Does Linux not treat character binary mappings the same as Windows? I tried to put an underscore as the first character of my folder to bump it to the top thanks to underscores having a lesser binary value than "a" in Windows, and will throw it to the top in file sorting, but it didn't do shit on this new Jewbuntu install I have going...

Check how your file manager is sorting folders/files
I have folders using the same format so, its your end

So, are you saying that only putting /sqt/ in the name field could be considered bad practices or Sup Forums etiquette?
Asking for a friend.

It is. Use the fields for what they're for.

I have a nighthawk r7000 and a NETGEAR AC1200 plugged into a usb 3 port but still have latency issues. I can't move the router closer or plug in an Ethernet cable. Would getting a pci card improve anything?

Windows 10 power kernel error points to faulty psu, right?

If you're measuring the voltage of a resistor on a multimeter, what is the reading giving you? The voltage coming through or the voltage being resisted?

Why the fug are there no affordable (

>installing Arch
>having problem setting up wifi-menu
>run IP LINK SET WLP1sO DOWN; WIFI-MENU
>this works

I'm trying to understand why. Is ip a service that conflicts with wifi-menu? If so, why does archlinux wiki recommend wifi-menu after a long series of entries advising ip commands?

The voltage difference between the two points. Voltage doesn't "come through" really, it's either being resisted or it's zero.

Has anyone experienced an issue in Windows 10 where wifi loses the default gateway and drops connection? My wifi will cut out and sometimes running the troubleshooter will reset the adapter and fix it. Other times it just kills my wifi driver and even reinstalling it doesn't fix the issue and I have to do a system restore. I did a Reset this PC option and the issue stipp persists. I've tried everything, assigning a static IP, updating driver's. Nothing works. Is it an issue with my router? None of my other devices have issues. Just my desktop.

guess I'll post this here too since OP is a massive newfag and didn't put /sqt/ in a searchable field

anyone here fall for the crypotcurrency meme?

I want to store my ethereum in a local wallet, what's a Sup Forums approved client for doing so?

I want to run a program with options using dmenu_run. Right now I have a bash script in /usr/bin that's just command -option, but that seems dumb. Alias support for dmenu is more difficult though. Is there a more elegant solution for this?

keybind dmenu to a key and use it like its intended too be used(srsly why aren you using it this way)

Buy one pajeet, they're like $5.
you should have let it dry for several days. Enjoy your brick.

It is bound to a key. Does this clarify what I want?

Then press that key and type in the switches/options you want

It is bound to a key. Does this clarify what I want? oops

so press your keybind then type that command in

it's like 50 keystrokes, the whole point is to make it shorter

What's more batter efficient on a laptop? Linux or Windows.

How can I get such browser ?
What is that ? Another firefox fork ?

I'm not really any help, but I'd imagine that would depend more on the specific hardware and the drivers it has for each os.

battery wise? windows out the box, still probably windows even after configuring linux manually but you'd get close with linux

performance wise? if it's wireless ac the windows drivers will be a lot better (by a couple hundred mib bandwidth) but unless you're doing some serious file transfer over lan it probably makes no difference

windows gpu drivers are almost always universally better too, forgot to mention

are you referring to Sup Forums-x?

4chanx+oneechan extensions

my bad thanks

all good

You need oneechan to have all the colorized shit and anime everywhere by default without putting any work in to it

Am I supposed to run "python -m " everytime? It seems that without the '-m' toggle, all manners of imports that make pylint shut up are ridiculously broken.

If it works it works. You could try typing of the dead for lulz.

I just had to get an oldish desktop working again. Uses Windows7 but hasn't updated in a couple of years, and I don't feel like updating to 10. I used to have a link for a blog that maintained an installer that managed updates, so you could choose the critical ones and avoid the bloat and botnet, someone has it?

Just got a new laptop with W10, what are some programs to download. Already did:
Firefox
7zip
uTorrent
PS CS6
Manga Studio 5

want to learn windows server and active directory

already can do basic scripting with powershell
already fixed some in production stuff but never setup stuff from ground up

I would like to get some overall understanding good foundations
I feel my understanding of DNS needs a lot of work too to feel comfortable
go some resources to learn from from googling around,
downloaded mastering windows severs 2012 book, but did not start to read
know about this channel, but did not yet start to go through
youtube.com/user/itfreetraining/playlists

so looking for some input

>uTorrent
HALT
STOP
Get that cancer off your system RIGHT THE FUCK NOW

I have both uMatrix and uBlock Origin.

Do I really only need the latter? Is the former unnecessary?

Which DE uses fewer resources, xfce or MATE?

I like sshfs. I don't like it when I have a VPN connection and the server is on a local network. What can I do about this?

bamp

LRN to route

I need to make a distributed file system, for my OS class using Unix. My teacher is a weird man that doesnt teach anything, any idea where I could start?

They do two different things well.You need both of them

Like actual unix?

>My teacher is a weird man that doesnt teach anything
We call that a "professor".

This is where I'm not really sure, I just remember him mentioning unix.

yeah, I sometimes doubt if he actually knows what he's talking about. its just that he jerks off so much with theory never really gets into practice.

But doesn't even the dev of uMatrix simply just use uBlock or something?

How do i block new window popups in firefox? Ublock doesn't.

Update your filterss

can my pc with wifi be the uplink for a switch

dont ask "why", just yes or no, and how.

Well if it's Linux look into fuse (you can use python) and some existing distributed blob storage db/library for the backend. You'll be done in a weekend.

>being this retarded
This has to be bait

Nightly isn't even that much faster. Install GNU IceCat. If you want speed over security and usability install Ungoogled Chromium

See if you can get into the bootloader or recovery, from there try doing something with ADB.

From my experiences wifi-menu isn't very good; often lots of bugs. Use wpa_supplicant if connecting to WiFi from a TTY. Here's a script I made for WPA:
pastebin.com/rBLeEHFd

I'd also recommmend using arch-anywhere instead: arch-anywhere.org/

Pretty dumb but does P=NP?

Did (((YouTube))) ban me? All I see is the white background. I can still watch videos if I go directly to them, but I can't see comments or related videos.

Works fine if I view the site via proxy.

makemkv is fucking with me. I downloaded the latest version and still got this message. What's going on?

Fuck it, just gave up on it and got handbrake instead. Worked gud.

Welp, spoke too soon.

Should I switch majors to become a software developer? Right now I'm just taking general education courses but I'm planning on going to school to be a teacher.

How the fuck do it get these chinese faggots to stop trying to break in to my test server via ssh?

If you get a STEM degree in anything you can become a software engineer pretty easily as long as you learn the right stuff. Also in the US at least it is incredibly easy to become a teacher once you have a degree.

key here
makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053

Can I write a program that checks if another program ever halts?

I've had this with my nexus 7 for over a year now, but I rarely use it so I never figured out the problem for sure.

It's not a screen crack, and it's not software related because it would show up in a screenshot, so I was wondering what else could be causing the line across the screen? Could I try to disassemble it and reseat the lcd cable and see if that fixes it?

Rip, I just destroyed the digitizer trying to pry the back panel off.