Freaky computer stories

Freaky computer stories
Tell stories about your computer that scared the living shit out of you
Example: I downloaded virus screaming face popped up and I shat my pants
Another example: I checked my computer my camera was turned on and I kept hearing voices through the speakers untill I reinstalled my os

Earlier this summer I visited best buy to buy some flashdrives. I wanted to make several live usb boot sticks. After reformatting the drives, one of them put a ghost virus on my laptop. On dark nights when the moon is out, the laptop clamshell will try to snap down on my fingers. It only got me once so far but I guess I can't blame the usb drives since I wiped them all out and they only want revenge.

So like, woah, I don't understand how this thing works. So I keep pressing the button, and get freaked out. Woah. Also I was bored one day and tried to find something and I did, got super freaked out.

So my computer was turning itself on in the middle of the night. Called my suicidal PC repair tech IT faggot fuckboat piece of SHIT!!!!!!!!!! in the middle of the night for immediate support on this and after he was done crying, he told me it was "Wake On Lan". Fuck that shit, never heard of it, told him to fuck off and slammed the phone down although I might have not and that sound might have been a gunshot.

Shit's just fucking haunted. Freaky as fuck. *passes the blunt*

>Connected a sas storage array to my network and wanted to see what port it was on
>Queue the IP scanner
>Go to ssh into my net facing box and find 200 attempts to connect and freak the fuck out
>Realize 30 minutes later what caused it
>Proceed to install fail2ban anyway

>walk into my room and turn the light on
>iMac screen turns on

never happened except that one time.

>about 10 years ago I had a really shitty pair of speakers.
>Every now and then I'm sure I can hear voices talking.
>Start to wonder if I'm crazy, turns out the speakers would pick up the radio sometimes, real quiet but if I put my ear right to it I could hear it properly. In general I would just pick up a voice here and there.
Creeped me out for weeks before I figured it out.

Aliens/radio interference maybe

.>Be me
>be 14 and want a computer
>Parent didn't let me choose and tell me to shut the fuck up
>Ok.jpeg
>They brought a fucking Acer aspire
>Be stupid so think it 's cool cuz Intel i3 and 4 GB of ram
>Do an antivirus analysis, 300 virus 150 worms or something..
>tell to parent
>they tell me to be a grateful little shit and to shut the fuck up
>Ok reinstall windows 7
>want to play skyrim cuz hype
>ohno.exe
>CHIPSET
>even without shadows with everything at the minimum and with all performence mods i still can't play
>one day want to open the beast to remove dust
>the metal is as colorful as an lgbt flag with broken things here and there
>still don't have a computer and stuck with a really old one

>and I kept hearing voices through the speakers untill I reinstalled my os
I hacked you :^)

You may just have schizophrenia

>Building new PC
>Install WD Blue HD as secondary drive
>Power on PC
>Smoke coming from front
>Panic and shit off PC
>Figured I must have screwed through one of the fan cables
>Closer inspection shows that that wasn't the case
>Couldn't find any problems
>Power PC back on
>Notice small orange glow from inside
>HD circuit board is on fire
>Still no idea what the fuck caused this

Wtf ?
What did you do after that ?

Turned off the PC and took the HD out. There was a small burn mark on the circuit board. not sure if I somehow shorted it or even what happened but the build had zero problems aside from that.

this is a spooky thread, not a rage thread

That's perfectly normal for shitty speakers. I remember ``making'' a speaker as a little kid by sticking together wires and capacitors and one of those knob things (I forget what they're formally called), and sticking it in a plastic box with a shit tonne of superglue as specified in the little book that I bought.

I was astonished to find out that, if I exposed the wire leading out from the knob, I could not only use it to reduce and increase volume as I had intended it to, but also tune into certain radio frequencies. And if I exposed the wire more, the radio signals were stronger.

Holy shit any link to make my own ?

bump

Spoopy shit

>"press any button to continue"
>I press the circle one with a line through it
>computer crashes or something
what the fuck?

Friend at school told me to go to myname.at.nimp.org

Explain this meme.
I've never gotten it
It's not code according to my brother
And Google tells me nothing

>every time

I hope you're not one of the newfags from Sup Forums

just lurk moar, it'll eventually be posted in a thread, you'll see it, you'll get it, and then the process repeats with every new thing.

this shit never had to be explained before, people just knew what to do, fucking newfags.

>1999, using Windows 98 at home
>Late in the evening, using a blank new floppy to copy some school work so I an print it for free the next day
>Power outage, computer reboots
>Something goes wrong, can't access floppy
>Spend a ton of time trying to reformat and get everything working again
>Eventually can access floppy, find inaccessible files which I have never put on it, all named 2024-00-00-filename something like that
>Probably like 20 or so files which were several kilobytes each, over 1mb of data total, format was year-month-day-filename if I recall or might have been underscore instead of - and there was no extension.
>Some of the names I still recall were watch-list, name-list, traveler-list, incursion or inclusion, some were just numbers
>Really odd, but cannot open, copy or move them, getting late go to sleep
>Go to school next day, grab my floppy try accessing it at school, absolutely blank nothing on them
>Come home floppy still blank, I think I tried to recovery tools as well but gave up
>Wasn't sure what data appeared on floppy at the time, thought it was some quantum shit or something

I used to use arch linux but then I installed xubuntu and everything actually worked.

wow, possibly

>Be 14
Oh, so this happened two whole years ago?

He accidentally made a level 0 "Introduction to EE for Kidz" project because his components were crappy. Look up "crystal radio".

Shit posting aside, I remember the first and only time this actually happened to me.

>Be sleeping soundly at night
>Be 5 AM or so.
>PC turns on all by itself but nothing else happens.

Scared the shit out of me but it never happened again.

Probably shitty energy management. Sometimes my speakers turn off on their on, sometimes they turn off. The light in my room flashes from time to time.

Of course, this is coming from a piece of shit town in an Hispanic country, so I wouldn't know about your stuff.

>Monitors turn on in the middle of the night while PC was off for a considerable amount of time
>Search for input
>Turn off

This was sometime in the 1990s, I had a "multimedia PC" and was running DOS, and it started making weird as fuck demonic screaming type noises out of the speakers. The CD-ROM drive didn't have a disc in there, there was no program running, and I just punched the power button in fear.

As an experienced MS-DOS user I then combed through my disks to see what the fuck could have happened, and found no unusual programs or anything weird. It never happened again. Still creeps me out.

this board has always been mostly Sup Forums users since Sup Forums existed

>sudo pacman -Syyu
>nothing to see here.

Litterally nothing to fear from his pc if you never use proprietary software.

Not scared but embarrassed of my stupidity.

I once noticed a couple spare MBs between my root partition and home partition. So I fired up gparted and proceeded to move home to fill the gap.
The process went for hours and I eventually decided it's not worth it at all (no shit) and stopped the process. I don't think I need to know what happened.
Google said there could be a chance to recover but only on ext2 and 3. I also had no backup.

So you just learned to live with the some and fire?

>this site contains malware

What ?
It was in 2012 .

I don't believe you. You post like an absolute child. Lurk moar.

SNOOP DOGGY DOGG AND DOCTOR DRE ARE AT MY DOOR

Fuck you do you think English is my first language ?

Whenever I booted my old desktop computer it would take ages to fire up the first couple of 'launch on boot' programs (Steam, antivirus and so on) and it would be a unresponsive piece of shit until it launched those. The weird part is that they'd only pop up on screen while I was in the room, even though the computer had no webcams or anything.

Juvenile communication transcends language. Even if you're physically 30 your mind is that of a 14 year old.

Whatever make you feel superior I just wanted to share a shitty event of mine , not to guess other ages through the way they speak , you see there is other languages in the world and you can't translate literally word for word without losing "something"

>your mind is that of a 14 year old.

Said that I was 14 in 2012 and now I am an adult with a 14 year old mind ?
What ?

The mouse moved slightly from vibrations when you walked in causing the screen to turn on? It happens to me

Are you that fat ?

my PC does this very often at night just updating itself or if I move around too much my mouse gets activated.

Paid for a new comp for 4k video editing and booted up to login screen with like 80 users all of them named variations of lulz and cuck... like lulzbitch, cuckiemonster, cuckie cuckington etc.

I turned it off and on again and it started a new installation automatically.

I dont want this computer anymore.

> Put my laptop to sleep
> went to sleep too
> woke up
> decided it's time to reinstall Windows 7
> took the HDD out of the laptop
> backed up files, formatted the HDD
> put it back up
> turned the laptop on
> The old Win7 booted back with wallpaper and everything, didn't bluescreen but some user files were inaccessible, I could browse the net as usual
> no boot disk after reboot

lol this same thing happened to me. I lived right next to a big radio tower and when I first moved in I was hearing shit when it was totally quiet. Had two different sets of speakers doing this. The signal was so strong that my alarm clock tuned in that radio station no matter where the dial was set to.

This was a retarded made up story.
It's not funny or anything. It's pure shit.
Only retards still living with their parents in their mid 20ties will have any emotional response to this.

Fuck off with this shit.

Only a retard still living with their parents in their mid 20ties would write anything like this. Heh... feel triggered yet?

No you underage retard. Using shit like "Ok.jpeg", "ohno.exe", "it's cool cuz", "cuz hype", bad mouthing your parents, inconsistent use of capitalization and punctuation, etc. Also being stuck with that computer still because you don't have a job because you're still a child. I'm not an idiot and I'm not unfamiliar with talking to people who have English as a second language. Literally every post you've made simply projects immaturity. Kids don't understand that it's really easy to spot them even through text chat. Just... Stop posting. Lurk moar. Learn how to socialize at a higher level.

I am 19 year old can't you count ?
I don't have a job I am still studying and need to save money, what is wrong with that?

Also English is my 3rd language and I am still learning it .

> Using shit like "Ok.jpeg", "ohno.exe", "it's cool cuz", "cuz hype",
>What is a green text

>bad mouthing your parents
Where ?

>Learn how to socialize at a higher level.
You don't help

>Lurk moar.
Pretty much this .

>parents buy you a computer
>complain
your parents were right

/r/iamverysmart

>being this fat

seeing the thumbnail of this pisses me off

Actually I was really happy but 300 virus in a new computer and the "shut the fuck up" heh.
They didn't let me choose and buying a computer means "no more for 6 year at last"
In my family.
And obviously it was shit.

Time really fly fast.
When you said you were 14 when playing skyrim I tought that you are underage but in reality you are just 19 yo.
Fuck I am getting old.

19 yos are still annoying kids tho