SHINTEL IS FINISHED AND BANKRUPT

SHINTEL IS FINISHED AND BANKRUPT

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/6xg3oe/wow_what_a_month_amd_finally_overtook_intel_cpu/
mindfactory.de/Hardware/Prozessoren (CPU)/INTEL Desktop/Sockel 1151.html
youtube.com/results?search_query=csgo 1080 ti
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Really, after all this time, AMD kind of deserve a win, they really delivered with Ryzen.

Now if only they can get the GPU division in line.

>I don't understand market share.

The only thing AMD delivered was a turd, Shill.

2 pin badges were delivered to your home goy.
Thanks to help us leap ahead!

PC build begins good market but money comes from OEM,Laptop,Server and workstations.

AMD need APU ryzen + vega

Ryzen is shit for games, and shit for vms (both windows, and linux). AMD's marketing has always been god tier though, so people gleefully ignore the deficiencies while pretending that they have a future proof cpu.

Got any numbers to back that up?
because nVidia sure as fuck disagrees with you

Yeah right, tiny company with small budgets will be able to deceive the public through viral shilling and astroturfing, as opposed to the 10x bigger company with deep pockets.

Do you also buy bridges and swamp land?

Source?

Server CPUs are a different beast. They're a lot of money. AMD's server CPUs are crazy better than intel's offerings.

>Shintel
What the fuck are you even going for here?

>Now if only they can get the GPU division in line.
The hardware dudes are fine.
They need more code monkeys.
Like, MORE.

What's up with all the "no vega cards out there"
I bought my 64 day one here in sweden they has plenty that day 8D

To answer myself, seems it is data from MindFactory: reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/6xg3oe/wow_what_a_month_amd_finally_overtook_intel_cpu/

Although got to take into account that Intel probably sells more old skylake/haswell platforms than AMD does FM2+/AM3+ ones.

They actually beat Intel sales even in total revenue, which is a feat when Intel's most popular CPU i 7700K and AMD's is just R5 1600.

I also like that in the weak Q2 months, Intel wend down much more than Ryzens.

And R5 1600 is now the most popular CPU in that store.

>Yeah right, tiny company with small budgets will be able to deceive the public through viral shilling and astroturfing
The fuck have you been fag? They use that small budget to shitpost.

DELID DIS

Riiiiight

Holy shit WRONG WRONG WRONG

MUH GAYIMINGGGGGGG

>there are people that bought the i5 7650k
so this is the power of intel...

7640x*

But where are the i3s? Or anything lower. Amds side goes down to r3 1200.

The funny thing is, that the gaming performance of Kaby Lake wasn't really being brought up that much after its launch in january, when people were generally >meh about it.

Only after it turned out that higher FPS in actually CPU-limited gaming is the bright point in its otherwise inferior value proposition (when comparing 4c8t to 6c12t and particularly 8c16t Ryzens), only then did i7-7700K start to be stressed as "the ultimate gaming CPU". Reviews from january hardly called it that, it was just considered minor Skylake speedbump.

Before Ryzen launched, there generally was a "CPU doesn't matter that much, invest in GPU" thinking in gaming PCs circles.
But then there was need to find something where Core i7s beat Ryzens, so suddenly the FPS in games in low resolution tests got uber-important, despite the fact that in practice you are almost always GPU-limited when actually gaming.

mindfactory.de/Hardware/Prozessoren (CPU)/INTEL Desktop/Sockel 1151.html

Besides 7100, it seems i3 sales are negligible, thanks to the Pentium (which is outside of the range that Ryzens cover).

>MUH GAAAAAAAAAMES
go back to Sup Forums

where is pentium and FX sales?

>brand loyalty in 2017

>All companies make profits from the same sources
>FAKE NEWS
RMA your life

>muh 7700k
>muh ESXi which has been patched since 1.0.0.6

Oy vey, I wonder who could be behind this

Ten cents of
solder has been deposited into your SOPA DE MOCACA account.
Thank you for defending Intelâ„¢ online!

>muh gaming

fuck off

>implying that the CPU will EVER be a bottleneck for much gaymen in 2017
Intel shills and Sup Forumstards are THIS retarded

1600x s equivalent to a 7700k yeah?

Lel the AMD is half the price

>240hz monitors exist
>b-but there's no c-cpu bottleneck
k

moar cores

>get 240Hz monitor
>somehow that makes my GPU go faster and my CPU is now the bottleneck
wow

gl getting 240fps on inferno or nuke with ryzen then m8

so the real question is how much better will coffee lake be since it has 6 coars

Good look playing at fucking 640x480.

Are you just pretending to be retarded? I get 300fps easily with a fucking 680.
youtube.com/results?search_query=csgo 1080 ti

Fuck off, shill. With fast ram Ryzen literally ties an OC'd 7700k in games.

Fucking tell me about it. HOW THE FUCK DO YOU RELEASE A GPU WITH THE MOST IMPORTANT FEATURE NOT WORKING YET?!?! Jesus fucking Christ.

>ryzen is shit for games

This is delightful news. It would be sad if AMD came out with a compelling product only to have it sell poorly due to Intel's marketing and mindshare advantage (the reason why processors like the i5 7500 get any sales at all).

Those games get more fps on dx11 for amd, and intel, but it looks closer when you choose to use dx12 instead.

Muh ryzen has so many cores you would think that it was actually decent for vm use.
Tfw can't into gpu passthrough, and
10 year old npt bug still affects ryzen. Oy vey, and amdshillfags have ro do some serious gymnastics just to seem not as horrible in games.

yum yum

Quick rundown on the virtualization thing? I got a 1700 instead of 7700k for virtualizatipn

1 0 0 0 W
W
oh its a comming

>oh its a comming
The only thing coming is the quick onsoletion of your ryzen. More bugs, and no improvements. This is ypur future proofing.

What was AMD's official response to the npt bug?

You are missing a few dozen processors on your graph buddy.

>onsoletion
>ypur
how many layers of damage control are you on right now?

>tripfag
>wants to include pentium 4 and athlon
like clockwork

I don't run vm's anyway

For gaming and multitasking ryzen a goat.if you want good vm and server tier shit go get a eypc

Dat amd trustzoned psp tho.
Thanks based AMD for putting israel to work.

where are the pentiums and celerons?

Also AMD ships with PS4 and Xbone

>I don't run vm's anyway
ryzen in a nutshell
>For gaming and multitasking ryzen a okayish if you play certain games with a certain api under a certain resolution with a gpu bottleneck.
>if you want good vm and server tier shit go get a eypc
Just give up on vms with ryzen. Just wait for the next gen of abortions.

What happened to running VMs on ryzen?

There are literally like more than 50 processors that they are still fabricating and selling in mobile that aren't listed on that graph kid.

And thats NOT including the celerons.

Npt bug? Official response from amd? Can someone link it?

This graph is obviously talking about desktop processors. Is it that hard to understand?

Its still missing dozens.

The Intel lineup is intentionally shortened to make it look like AMD sells a similar amount of processors.

Playing CS:GO is for literal retards

Who are these legitimately deranged faggots buying i3s and i5s at this point?

I bought ryzen because I'm not a gamer. I'm a semi professional content creator who streams ashes of the singularity, doom, and tomb raider. I also prefer to play other games on dx12 on a 4k display even though they may from dx11 more. I need the cores to run handbrake whether, or not thete are better options available to me. I don't know I just really fucking like handbrake. Also I don't use vms, because I'm not a gamefag. I actually use my pc for productivity, and fuck adobe products since I just don't use them out of principal.

>Skylake x still outsold threadripper.
Bribing? locked feature? or people really that dumb?

the fact that someone bought 7900x and 7820x is scare
fucking terrorist walks among us

i guess a 4c is so good for productivity

They were probably real pros, and not prosumer larpers that actually just play low end games all day on single player with settings turned way down.

Except Simulators, like ARMA or Microsoft Flight etc.

This plus custom APUs for scientists.

What the fuck is this "npt bug"? Can someone explain, please!?

>Reddit
Uhm sorry honey I ain't clicking that.

No, they just need decent coders, not monkeys.
If everyone was John Bridgman AMD would be saved, but instead the current efforts are largely led by poo-in-loos that care very little about what they're coding.

We're talking CPU's here dumb Sup Forumsedditor

More cores, MORE NIGGAHERTZ NORE WATS MORE HOUSE FIRE

>Tfw can't into gpu passthrough, and
But it can, I'm literally using it right now
IOMMU was fixed a few months ago by an AGESA update
>10 year old npt bug still affects ryzen.
NPT bug was fixed recently by another AGESA update

12 year old gaymur kiddies and clueless normalfags who don't know any better.

So it's going to be an intel cpu with more cores? About fucking time. Thanks based amd for lighting a fire under intel's ass.

Intel still carries a metric fuckton of brand recognition, even though it's eroding away incredibly fast

>Intel shill extraordinaire comes right out with it.
How much do they pay you?

>NPT bug was fixed recently by another AGESA update
What is it, and which agesa update fixed it?

Fanboyism and gaems
No one but rich kids on Sup Forums buys HEDT chips

>r9
I've been out of the loop, can someone give me the quick rundown on this? Like are they good for enthusiasts who enjoy doing parallel computation?

Better than a 2 core with 4 threads.

Pretty much. Everything else is the same bullshit though - almost all CPUs locked, having to buy new chipset/socket, shitty thermals, no HT on i5 etc.
Expect to see "techtubers"/reviewers OC the 6 core i7 to housefire clocks speeds (5GHz+) on a closed loop and then advertise it as an "easily achievable overclock" that you should do if you get an unlocked part (and obviously only benchmark with that to shill for Intel).

>But it can, I'm literally using it right now
IOMMU was fixed a few months ago by an AGESA update
Do you use full pcie bandwidth, because ryzens are slim with the pcie lanes.
>NPT bug was fixed recently by another AGESA update
If all else fail just flat out lie (it's the amd way).

They're amazing multithreaded CPUs. Check that whatever you're doing works well with more cores.

I'll probably be in the market for a cpu when these, or the next gen.intel cpus release.

Thanks. I'm a computational scientist so yes.

>housefire clocks speeds (5GHz+)
Sounds like you're just salty AMD can't clock over 4GHz without using 200+watts on Ryzen 7 and 500+ watts of Threadrippah.

People seriously playing games using 16 cores 64 lanes processor? did i just time travel in my sleep?

>Sounds like you're just salty AMD can't clock over 4GHz without using 200+watts on Ryzen 7 and 500+ watts of Threadrippah.
Straight up lies
4.1 Ghz on R7 does 140W
4.2 Ghz on TR indeed does 250W
Keep lying dumb poojeet, Intel will reward you with those Starbucks gift cards
If you want housefire clocks wait for IBM's nazi 7nm process with 5+ GHz base clockspeeds next year

>Do you use full pcie bandwidth, because ryzens are slim with the pcie lanes.
But user, Ryzen's have more PCIe lanes that any Intel SKU below SKL-X
>If all else fail just flat out lie (it's the amd way).
Yeah, sure I will believe you when you're straight up lying about one of the best known features of Ryzen chips

They like shut off cores/threads, and certain features when doing most tasks.

>4.1 Ghz on R7 does 140W
Lies unless you've got some golden sample.
90% of chips will need 1.45v to get to 4.0ghz which is awfully close to 200w on Ryzen 7.
I honestly pulled the Threadrippah figures from my ass based on the R7 numbers though.