Which is better?

Which is better?

Other urls found in this thread:

purl.stanford.edu/tf565pz4260
github.com/nodejs/node/search?p=1&q=thread&type=&utf8=✓
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

crystal

left is a meme language and the right is nu-male tier substitute for c.

Except right is much safer and easier to use than c

node.js is a language it just a fucking server

isnt

Go could punch in multicore, node.js one punch very fast, Go is stable, node.js need resets

this
/thread

PHP

They're both shit.

Using an a single process event loop to handle callbacks one at a time is a pretty weak hack at concurrency.

The fact that Node still gets used when you have Go and Elixir is only because its easy for frontend programmers to transition to backend for doing SPAs

this
javascript for backend was a mistake

The non-JavaScript one, of course.

t. retard

Implying most of the shitty SPAs get actually some traffic.

I have written actual production code in each one!

Node is better for prototyping, large ecosystem, package management, comfiness

Go is marginally faster and more lightweight.

Personally I prefer node unless you REALLY need short compile times and microscopic docker contakners

Go back

You're right, I should go back to coding rather than trying to educate a bunch of autistic neets

This happens here when you like javascript.

>Go is marginally faster
go is probably several standard deviations ahead of node.js in terms of speed.

node.js doesnt treat its users as literal retards and has npm

Go is right to treat its users as retards.

thread should have ended here. Crystal is ruby but better in every way

person with actual expertise:
neet basement dweller:
know the difference kids, it could save your ~~life~~ time

>which is memer?
kek

How does telling someone to fuck off with their annoying reddit spacing make me a basement dweller?

Here is the great irony of the whole reddit-spacing thing. It's actually Sup Forums spacing. It predates reddit and was used on Sup Forums first. You guys are literally too young to actually know this and the userbase has grown quite rapidly during your time, enough to drown out old memes. Your generation is not actually conscious. You are entirely unaware of the real history because you were not there for it, so you look to Reddit, which actually inherited it from Sup Forums, and you confuse where it came from with where you are seeing it now.

It would be like going to America, eating spaghetti, going to Italy, eating spaghetti, and then saying "lul American cuisine". You are all confused children and just do not really know what you are talking about or even understand where things come from.

But the spacing itself was born from Sup Forums, largely because of how poorly walls of text display and because it was easier to read that way. If you doubt this, just take a look at the Stanford Sup Forums archives from 2008. purl.stanford.edu/tf565pz4260

While yes, Reddit existed in 2006, but no one from that time period would have used it. Meanwhile, Sup Forums had existed for several years at that point and the spacing convention had already been adopted. You guys were just not there, I was. I can prove this if I go through that archive, find my old tripcode, and show that spacing convention in use even then.

I don't care who had it first, I just know that it's fucking annoying.

Go has everything you need in a programming language plus preforms and scales much better than node.

That being said, I have more experience with node.js and I enjoy developing with node.js than I do go.

Autism

node.js is a headless chrome

how is making text more readable annoying? you resort to >muh reddit because you have no arguments

>how is making text more readable annoying?
There's a difference between separating paragraphs and double spacing with each sentence receiving its own line.
> you resort to >muh reddit because you have no arguments
Many times (such as this one) calling out reddit spacing is something I do before even reading the post. It's not like I ran out of arguments or don't have one, it's that I don't need one because the argument doesn't concern me.

I hate both.

How is node being used on multicore server processors? Isn't it single threaded or something? Isn't it wasteful to use node on server? Or are many instances of node being run?

it's still 3 to 5x slower than anything else though because rob pike is too cool for llvm or gcc front ends

you can write native node modules that are multithreaded
also node itself uses multiple threads a bunch github.com/nodejs/node/search?p=1&q=thread&type=&utf8=✓
as well as its javascript engine (v8)

Docker. All those cores are for docker.

I would bet all my money in a timeout draw

>a garbage language with a forced GC is a substitute for C

it's nu-male tier, what else would you expect