REDDIT NO LONGER OPEN-SOURCE

>reddit.com/r/changelog/comments/6xfyfg/an_update_on_the_state_of_the_redditreddit_and/
do we start hating on reddit now? has it finally become evil?

reddit was already evil for centralizing forums on the internet and killing off bulletin boards

>do we start hating on reddit now?
Are you new? Hating reddit for no reason is 4chic.
>has it finally become evil?
Not evil, just retarded.

Too bad it's the only semi-ok place to have a coherent discussion about a topic nowadays.

go back

>Are you new?
do you really need to ask that? An all caps habbening post for something no one should even care about because reddit has always been shit? yup it's a newfag
you have to go back

>for no reason
hi leddit

Where is the Sup Forums source?

Sup Forums = reddit confirmed

>actually using reddit for discussions rather than tl;dr reading the first or second post to see what the current groupthink is
it is as if you hate discussions

It was open source?

With only one = you are assigning and not comparing, so this is actually true.

>With only one = you are assigning and not comparing
how is first year of uni treating you, user?

thanks for proving my point

you're not welcome! I hate you!

It was great and also 7 years ago.

There's already another thread about this topic
Go here to discuss this

>forums
>>you have to be logged in to see pic
fuck forums

I don't understand this meme. Nearly all major projects in C/C++ use spaces.
Only numale code artisan tier interpreted languages conventionally use tabs.

reddit format is so fucking shit for discussion. why do people use that shit? is it literally only because of the installed userbase? how did it even get so big in the first place?

Most anons here hate reddit because other anons make fun of it and you know it. Post-gg, it makes sense but before that it was some gay ass rivalry that only dumb niggers from each side would complain about.

and the occasional autist like the creators of make

So you have learnt nothing at all at your burger college

no, I that was SQL

OMG this is the worst possible news noboby on Sup Forums gives a fuck about.

Exactly.

They just do it to seek approval from users on a Korean rice cooking forum.

hell of a lot of replies for something nobody here cares about

Enlighten me

Without referring to a language your little demo on "=" operator isn't necessarily correct. It's just an arbitrary symbol which is used as assignment operator in languages you know.

tl;dr on its license? is (was) it FOSS?

fuck off, retard

it this shooped? she looks a bit down

A bit cucked version of mpl.

We are about to get an incredible amount of redditor newfags, aren't we?

Shitty Bait

who cares, their software was very complex and the minimum requirements where astronomical making it unattractive for little forums. Hell people prefered to use a ruby app instead of that bloated shit

Don't jinx it

>coherent discussion
Karma whores makes it impossible.

You'd have that face too if you were the main character in a pedo cartoon.

i always hated on that shit
no real reason
just hate cuz hate fuels me and its run

this. reddit could be great place if this karma crap is removed

What is (You) posting

They literally say they won't stop being open source, they'll just post source from time to time.

>We should all stay on a place that's fully open source like Sup Forums.

touche. upvoted.

You do not have the right to express hate speech.

If you consider your self a white nationalist, you literally do not have the right to speak. Ever.

Just shut your mouth or we will shut it for you.

DBA normies get OUT

Reddit was already shit for mod abuse and ability to hide things with downvotes

You do not have the right to express hate speech.
If you consider your self a black nationalist, you literally do not have the right to speak. Ever.
Just shut your mouth or we will shut it for you.

is this one of those """false flag""" things?

>casually posting his reddit affiliation
This redditor influx has to stop NOW

>has it finally become evil?
Yes, by losing it's open-source status it became like Sup Forums.

>t. VB grandpa who can't catch up with the times.
Every relevant language uses == and not = for comparison.

Are you retarded? >>>/leftypo/ if anything.

Fuck off. saged (a.k.a Sup Forums slang for downvote).

that's not how it works, have a (you) because I got baited pretty hard

>Reddit
Go back there

Meanwhile Sup Forums is still not open source and never has been. Really makes you think.

99% of posts on here are false flaggers falsely flagging each other pretending to be false flagging fags

No I hate it because I see it bleeding into real life. My brother talks about "epic rebbit memes XD" irl all the time, it kills me. People should be shamed into shutting the fuck up irl.

I don't use reddit but at this point I just don't understand why everyone gets up in arms about it besides hating reddit being an old meme. It looks like they occupy totally different niches. Reddit is like /vg/ but for things besides video games, and does persistent user-created discussion boards much better than Sup Forums does through /vg/ numbered threads with no user moderation. Sup Forums is much better at discovering new things because there's basically no topic filters or user moderation at all, it's like a shotgun blast of combined shitposting and content.

i use it for the cuckquean board, that's it.

I hate everything about reddit and its culture. I wouldn't care if people just stayed in their shithole, but a bunch of those retards come here.

It's been evil for over a decade

Reddit is responsible for both r/atheism and r/the_donald. It needs to be destroyed.

>now
you need to go and stay go

what sites actually use the reddit source code?
i'll wait...
>it's the principle
welcome to Sup Forums

Does reddit even have a culture? I don't think /vg/ has any overarching board culture, each thread-series is completely different and has a totally different feel to it.

t. web developer :^)

it doesn't, but ideologues feed on black-and-white distinctions and common enemies so they pretend it does

Reddit has a culture of eternal newfaggotry, upboats, and zealous moderation.

>eternal newfaggotry

that's the entire internet

>upboats

only on shitty subreddits does this become a problem. on quality ones it's a good tool to highlight time-worthy content

>zealous moderation
subreddit-dependent as well

>that spacing
please stop, ironic or not

>he dislikes Sup Forums spacing

>>>/reddit/

Thanks for proving our point. Besides, if you actually believed that bullshit you're spouting, you wouldn't be here in the first place.

Sup Forums doesn't do spaces like that, though. why must you shitpost?

And you think the """quality""" content on this site is better?

(see: )

Sup Forums users do

There's the know-it-alls (or, in the case of most users, people who think they know it all), there's holier-than-thou-ness, there's the snarkiness, and a bunch of other crap
I have a feeling this is all the result of the upvote/downvote system
It encourages people act differently than they normally would for imaginary internet points

>upvote/downvote system
4chinks have (you)'s, does that count?

>defending upboats ever
They are cancerous by design and stifle discussion.

thanks for your falseflag opinion, reddit

>His language doesn't use = for comparison and := for assignment.
Shouldn't you be doing your long weekend homework, kiddo?

>There's the know-it-alls (or, in the case of most users, people who think they know it all), there's holier-than-thou-ness, there's the snarkiness, and a bunch of other crap

Good thing Sup Forums is nothing like this.

But unlike plebbit, they don't get put on a pedestal and get glorified.

just die you gaywad

Which would you prefer? You're going to get all of that on both sites. Would you rather get it here, where at least people say what they want to say without any consideration for popular opinion and vote circlejerking? Or would you rather get it from a bunch of parrots desperately repeating whatever they think the sub wants to hear because upvotes are all that really matter to them?

yeah Sup Forums is much better for discussion, with 70% shitposting, 20% stale memes, 8% absolute retards asking how to install Windows 7 or if Chrome is good and 2% quality content. Also threads on faster boards die in like 20 minutes.

reddit is still considered a "tech" site. wouldn't be surprised if there existed an overlap in users

Usenet will rise again.

The problem is you, and people like you, don't want quality discussion here. You have literally no incentive to want it. You don't have a name, an avatar, a post count, and - most importantly - you don't have any "karma" to farm. So what possible reason could you have for any sort of reasonable discussion? Yep, none at all. Rather, you prefer to engage in what you think is "futaba board culture" and shitpost any discussion that might happen into the dirt. Because, you know, danke meemays xD or something.

Sup Forums is a million times better for discussion than shit sites like plebbit. I can argue with tons of autists all day without worrying about getting banned for hurting some mods feelings. You don't get any quality discussion from here because you don't put any effort to get it.

who cares. Sup Forums has and still is nonfree to this day.
the only reason i don't use reddit is because of incompetent shit like this.

it's literally unusable

So it will be Sup Forums? The public will have an old and incomplete copy of the source code.

>for no reason
Hello, plebbit.

yeah sure. Not the fact that there are hundreds of thousands of people here so discussion is impossible. I've tried making "quality" threads on other boards and no one gives a shit. No one wants to discuss anything, just post the same memes over and over again

There are not hundreds of thousands of people on Sup Forums. You're free to go back now.