Windows isn't blo-

windows isn't blo-........

Not on my VM

-ated.

cached memory is good

restarted my computer for the first time in half a year, opened task manager

3GB of memory used of all the useless bloated windows shit that I don't use and can't turn off

UNUSED RAM IS WASTED RAM
NUSED RAM IS WASTED RAM U
USED RAM IS WASTED RAM UN
SED RAM IS WASTED RAM UNU
ED RAM IS WASTED RAM UNUS
D RAM IS WASTED RAM UNUSE
RAM IS WASTED RAM UNUSED
RAM IS WASTED RAM UNUSED
AM IS WASTED RAM UNUSED R
M IS WASTED RAM UNUSED RA
IS WASTED RAM UNUSED RAM
IS WASTED RAM UNUSED RAM
S WASTED RAM UNUSED RAM I
WASTED RAM UNUSED RAM IS
WASTED RAM UNUSED RAM IS
ASTED RAM UNUSED RAM IS W
STED RAM UNUSED RAM IS WA
TED RAM UNUSED RAM IS WAS
ED RAM UNUSED RAM IS WAST
D RAM UNUSED RAM IS WASTE
RAM UNUSED RAM IS WASTED
RAM UNUSED RAM IS WASTED
AM UNUSED RAM IS WASTED R
M UNUSED RAM IS WASTED RA

>3GB of memory used of all the useless bloated windows shit that I don't use and can't turn off

Welll... Microsoft uses those things to give you a "better user experience" because it makes them able to spy on your shit.

Windows 10 itself without 3rd party programs/services running uses about 900MB of memory for me and uses less disk space than a vanilla 7 install.

for all the folks playing along at home
((stringToWrap) => {
const stringFromPosWrapped = (item, pos) => (item.slice(pos) + " " + item.slice(0, pos));
let out = "";
for (let i=0; i

No point comparing anything to windows 7 these days, they all have their computers locked due to wannacry or are being exploited by vault7.

if the fucking operating system takes it all, it's not usable, cia nigger.

You're a fucking dumbass. Unused ram is ram that can be used for other things that are more important than a shitty desktop environment.

they had updates for every OS down to XP i believe?

>restarted my computer for the first time in half a year

Update your fucking computer

If something is hogging RAM, do you really think it's utilizing other resources conservatively?

>hurr preloading most commonly used applications so they open faster is bad
go ahead and be a faggot then, disable SuperFetch

AFAIK, that cached memory is being used to store parts of programs you use frequently, to allow a better response time in case you decide to open them.

If you needed that memory for something else, it would be swapped out, but, as you have plenty of free memory, it is allowing that cached memory to exist.

And when an application calls upon it, it'll release it from cache. You fucking dumbass.

string = "UNUSED RAM IS WASTED RAM "
print(string)
for i in range(len(string)):
string = string[1:] + string[0]
print(string)

ramdisk? sql server? vm instance?
otherwise your installation is fucked

I have 9.8 / 18.3 with shit ton of tabs, jetbrains IDE (a huge RAM whore), SCP, text editor, 4GB ramdisk, photoshop, local nginx, chat clients etc. open and haven't rebooted in 2 weeks

oh look, it's this meme ag-...

>7gb cached
Op isn't retar--

wow, impressive! you closed explorer and dwm and disabled all the other features windows has, and its more bloated but less useful than an edgelord's arch i3 box! good job, asshole!

>t. obese freetard

It's a driver memory leak I had it few days ago, it was the network driver - windows found a new update done it - restarted and it's normal again.

The operating system may be using it but since it is disk cache it will release the least used as soon as a process needs memory. In the best case scenario, you should always have near 100% usage of RAM.

don't need range and len.

No it isn't. It is disk cache.

>t. 12 year old who cant install ubuntu and enjoy his computer without it eating half the memory while providing half the functionality
im surprised there are such closed minded people in the world that assume anyone who uses linux is a damn freetard

>you should always have 100% usage of ram
This is what winfags actually believe

They did, but majority of win7 users disabled windows updates because a vidya forum told them to so it wouldn't interrupt their "gaming".

Near 100 usage is right though.
Problems only arise when there isn't enough room to hand off.

>Over 50% RAM consumption
>Not bloated

Even Linux does this. The OS is supposed to use as much RAM as it can, otherwise it's just being wasted. Unused RAM is never "good" because it exists ONLY to be used.

Watch this in the right few days ago with driver leakage in the left today after fixed it.

Now I'm using firefox few days ago the screenshot was used while idle after windows boot.

I had a huge leak myself, it was the Killer Suite for Win10. Don't know what exactly was triggering it, but apparently it wasn't the drivers as they alone worked.

>you cannot enjoy computers unless you use them exactly as i say

how else can i iterate it enough times to do one "loop"?

also there's that interval that isn't used at all, idk any other ways to do it

oh, you meant to just make it
for _ in string:

WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOUR FONTS???

Fuck't 'em up, Sempai, whatchoo gon' do?

This

shit, for a second I thought I could do this on here, then realized I have to do it locally and paste it

You have a child's understanding of the universe.

>windoh
>it will release the least used as soon
only the release of death can save windows. it's fucked.

This is with ten applications open, Firefox being one and taking 800mb alone across its two processes.

Seeing you have a permanent ~10% CPU usage at non throttled speed with what I'm going to guess is a 4 core or 8 core CPU, it makes me think you have a shitload of stuff running in the background and just wanted to shitpost.

I bet your HDD trashed like mad while the right screenshot was happening.

>he only has 16gb
Lel

>Use RAM
>Just fill it with frivolous shit that does not contribute to the zippiness of the OS
>Instead of disk cache to accelerate R/W
>"Unused RAM is wasted RAM"
This is how windows users think
And it is appalling

acutally no, because much like a HDD or SSD that extra unused space just increases the life because it can use those other sectors as others die

Nice marecock