In Linux you have to press Alt + PrtScr + O to take a screenshot

In Linux you have to press Alt + PrtScr + O to take a screenshot.
Why not just PrtScr?

>in Linux
What fucking autism is this? On mine, I just push PrtScr

On most distributions 'Alt + PrtScr + O' is default unless that's changed?

That sounds more like a "You're a retard and can't rebind keys" problem more than a "Linux" problem.

Also probably an Ubuntu problem.

I use Debian LXDE btw.

>archfag refuses to get off his high horse.
Typical.

>ubuntu problem

i just tried it and prntscr does take a screenshot. it even has an option to load directly to imgur

i never noticed however, because i am not a cave-swelling savage who would do such a thing, i use shutter

You're the one making an "In Linux" thread, retard.

What does that have to do with anything? Calling me a retard again and again proves my point btw

>Linux Mint
Babby distro.

I was installing gentoo when you were shitting yellow.

>What does that have to do with anything
Screenshotting has nothing to do with the kernel, it's a function of the display server, and keybindings have to do with the DE.
>Calling me a retard again and again
I'm not that poster, I'm agreeing with him. You're retarded, this didn't need its own thread when you don't even know how to change a keybind.

>Screenshotting has nothing to do with the kernel, it's a function of the display server, and keybindings have to do with the DE.
First of all, the kernel controls the keyboard so it has everything to do with the kernel.
And I shouldn't need to know how the OS works to take a simple screenshot lol.

>I'm not that poster, I'm agreeing with him. You're retarded, this didn't need its own thread when you don't even know how to change a keybind.
It's called having 'sane defaults'. I shouldn't need to change keybindings. It should be PrtScr by default.

>t. assblasted babby
>"I know, I'll call him an archfag! That'll show him"

That font rendering is terrible.

>cinnamon only runs under Mint
fucking retard. go away.

Yeah, I've just been to lazy to fix it. It's on my to-do list tho, so I'll eventually get around to it.

What, I thought you could only take a screenshot from the terminal.

>he's never heard of "screenfetch"
>he's never seen a screenshot button

k

>prtscr to take a full screenshot
>ctrl + prtscr to take a screenshot of the focused window
>ctrl + shift + prtscr to select an area to screeenshot
>alt + any previous combination to take the screenshot, upload it to pomf.cat, and copy the link to the clipboard
Feels good.

>take the screenshot, upload it to pomf.cat, and copy the link to the clipboard

That's not a bad idea, user. Gonna throw this in my keybinds now.

PrtScr works as intended on Antergos so I don't know wtf kind of distro you are using.

>most distributions
most DE's
ftfy

Depends on your desktop environment, I use a wm anyway so I've set it to PrtScr.

just change the conf, dummy

Nothing to do with the kernel. Nothing to do with the OS. Everything to do with your WM/DE. I have printscren bound to opening xfce4-screenshooter, where I can then choose 'entire screen', 'active window', or 'select area'. I use i3. You should be able to bind printscreen to what you want even on the more bloated and casual DEs.

can you share which scrot arguments and such you're using for this?

probably one that doesn't let him choose the DE at install / post-install if he thinks 'linux' behaves this way

just one more reason people should install a minimal distro and learn how shit works, even on a very basic level

you can just rebind it, there's no default. And it depends on your DE/WM settings, not your distro. I use the print screen key to take a screenshot of the entire screen and shift+print screen to take a screen shot of my current window in i3wm