What's the proper way of using this today without making it too bloated with updates? I've given up on windows 10...

What's the proper way of using this today without making it too bloated with updates? I've given up on windows 10, literally installed fuckin Enterprise N LTSB + a million tweaks and it still will not stop bothering me with updates

Other urls found in this thread:

howtogeek.com/255540/the-last-windows-7-iso-youll-ever-need-how-to-slipstream-the-convenience-rollup/
social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/36016.windows-7-creating-fully-patched-image-by-slipstream-in-the-convenience-rollup-and-quality-rollup.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

use 8.1 with classic shell.

Install Gentoo and put a Windows theme on it. If you're retarded enough to use Windows, you'll be retarded enough to not know the difference.

>slower than 7 AND 10

freetard jobless weebs out

it blows my mind that there are people that don't know how to configure windows... and that there's thousands of them on Sup Forums every day

Zorin Linux

i have never had a problem with 8.1 being "slow". 7 is harder to get up and running, you'll have to install wayyyyyyyyyyyy more drivers manually if your hardware is somewhat new and after that you'll probably end up getting stuck in windows updates forever

XP master race

how viable is using xp sp3 nowdays

better than lunix at least.

You have to go through trouble of properly securing it, and debloating. Also software support is pretty much dead, and drivers are not available for modern hardware.

use this

>ow, the edge!

Trips don't lie

Isn't that abandonware?

just like win7.

but it werks

>not installing updates
>windows
Ivan will surely enjoy your computer's addition to his bitcoin mining botnet

(checked)

Clean install from official ISO and do security updates only using wsus

Well, i install windows7 and do updates at maximum. Then a use tools like:
blackbird_v0.9.98_64
block_GWX_V6
BlockWindows-master
Tron v10.2.1
Profit.

howtogeek.com/255540/the-last-windows-7-iso-youll-ever-need-how-to-slipstream-the-convenience-rollup/
social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/36016.windows-7-creating-fully-patched-image-by-slipstream-in-the-convenience-rollup-and-quality-rollup.aspx

WSUS Offline with service packs, C++ Runtime, .NET framework and security only updates. You'll have to restart 3-4 times after running the update installer.

>xp better than loonix
maybe in 2001
take you wiruses somewhere else

mfw bought a shitty lenovo miix 2 for 100€. Can't install anything else than win8.1 . mfw I've used it for 3 years and I'm totally happy with it with classic shell.

I used tronscript and everything is cool.

Do FX6300/FX8350 users still need that special patch?

Nope

It's included in which update then

WSUS offline (just install everything)
Then run remove windows 10 tepemtry and there's also a few updates you have to remove to stop windows updater from telling you can't update on newer hardware(i don't remember which ones, but its easy)
Turn off windows updater
Now go through all the control panel settings and configure as you like, then you can start messing with the registry/ricing (at least to remove stupid context menu items)
Now install all your favorite software

Wait my mistake I was thinking about the Intel processors blocking updates. Iirc the FX update is KB2645594

after that, use gparted on loonix and clone win partition to external hdd. that wa, if anything ever broke, just sip tea while loonix do what is build for, a backup tool for windows.

only people who advocate for 10 are retards or shills

xD lol i looked for the upvote arrow on this but then realized i came to browse on Sup Forums. man you guys are so wacky xD

Did somebody make a whielist of updates fixing real security issues?

It's shit since XP x64 was never really worked on, so there's little drivers out there, and not to mention next to no x64 software for it.

>werks for me!!!

>Windows wants to update
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>Android doesn't update
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

If you're using a shitty time accurate computer, go with Windows FLP, install the embedded version of SP3, then do that registery trick to get POS updates. If you are using a decent machine, install Embedded POSReady 2009 and it'll automatically get updates for ya. IDK about Firefox and Chrome but SeaMonkey still works, and basic stuff like Office software works. If ya want to game, some emulators still have support for XP. IRC clients work fine, but I know for a fact normie stuff like Discord is out of the question. Overall, Windows XP is still usable for basic use, and is the only version of Windows you could actually use on most Netbooks.

Personally, I think it's faster / more stable than both 7 and 10. Just a better version of 7.

Install the original 2009 RTM ISO of Windows 7. As soon as it starts for the first time, open services and disable Windows Update / "wuauserv".

welcome to the botnet