Looks like Sup Forums is exposed as sexist and misogynist yet again

archive.is/h40es

Other urls found in this thread:

peerj.com/articles/cs-111/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

brb chopping my penis off

>implyinggg

we've been saying this for years now

This. Crossdressing makes you a much better programmer.

What sort of sampling and sample size are we talking about here?

Study count accepted commits, women just send documentation corrections even political correct count.

> what is peer review
> a group of students
A get the feeling that this wasn't a well designed "study".

i'll make you both expert programmers.

This shit again.

If you read the paper they state that they had to guess the gender of the account owner. They literally say in that paper that accounts with anime girls as their avatar were classified as female owned accounts.

Wow. I thought it was bad, but that's really bad.

So this means that animeposters are the best coders.

That was always obvious though

>Women considered better coders
>coders
I was done reading at that point.

How do they not know anime gril avi = male?

i can safely agree with this

(((researchers)))

Also to make matters worse, their sample size for men to women was something like 100:1, you can't make any reasonable assumptions about female programmers even if those anime avatar guys were actual women.

Looks like this is another blatant Sup Forums bait that Sup Forums will bite without question once again

Why are weebs such good programmers?

Can I get a thorough explanation on why Intel and adds are different? Or if I'm Trynna have a good music player while animating and something that can game and run a music player, what should I go for.

As a matter of fact, #2 I'm Trynna get into animating. Should I get a sketch pad in order to implement my world's easier? Animation via cartoons.

#3 Also music production is important so apart from a controller pad, what should I look for?

Did did they just assume one's gender in 2017!

wearing panties != a better programmer

then explain why Sup Forums is FILLED with gaybois

>When a group of computer science students decided to study the way that gender bias plays out
>they discovered that their own bias was confirmed by that study
Shocking.

fake news

Maybe because any "programmer" who considers it important and relevant that we know their gender is also a fucking retard cumdumpster?

Why are some programmers so mean to women? Is it a Silicon Valley thing? Everyone is really nice (not in a beta orbiter way either) to the female developers here in Seattle.

They claim it's 11.2:100 not 1:100

Haha long goy

>They literally say in that paper that accounts with anime girls
I cannot find this, maybe I am looking at the wrong paper?

This research uses anime profile pictures to show that the submitter was a woman.

Why didn't they do the same thing for the male programmers?
(((Gender))) is a Marxist political buzzword, It is obvious that nobody takes "pull request, btw I am a woman" seriously.
Github (which was their sauce for these findings) have a ton of (look I am a woman, every site is a social media page) type people which will pollutes the site.
Not accepting a pull request is not sexist.
There can be so many factors to why that happens

What language is this?

Think about it, idiot. How are they finding the gender of people who hide their genders?
They're making assumptions based on the user's profiles. Read the research- they use anime profile pictures as one means of identifying their gender. IE; anime girl profile pic = female.

I still don't know where to find the ever updating definition of gender.

Just more proof that anime posters are more intelligent that anime haters.

It's the autism that makes them good.

>In 2013, GitHub installed a rug in its headquarters that read, “United Meritocracy of GitHub.” The rug was removed in 2014 after criticism from feminist commentators that, although meritocracy is a virtue that it is hard to disagree with in principle, it doesn’t do much for diversity in the workplace

for those who dont want to google
>Meritocracy (noun)
>government or the holding of power by people selected on the basis of their ability.
>a ruling or influential class of educated or skilled people.

this rug was deemed "problematic" thanks to olympic level mental gymnastics by feminists

a fucking rug

im more pissed at THIS than the article desu

Your deprived loving big black cocks and faggots society has nothing to do with the superior Jews. The Orthodox Jews don't accept faggotry.

Protip: The jews is Sup Forums-talk for "the patriarchy." It's the same bullshit just peddled to 16 year old virgin white boys instead of fat 16 year old white bitches. Identity politics is dumb.

The more money you have the more attention form feminists faggotists bigblackcockists you attract.

>Ubuntu
>MacOs
Throw these normies in the trash

>the guardian
sage

What is wrong with sexism/misogyny?

According to
I get that bullying the mentally ill in the industry might have negative effects on code quality, but that was already obvious.

Women are such better coders, that software quality altogether in the whole field saw a drap in the past few years parallel to the inclusion of feminist startups;
while no relevant software used by people was made by any woman.

>women are better coders if they hide their gender
Then how do you know!

>although meritocracy is a virtue that it is hard to disagree with in principle, it doesn’t do much for diversity in the workplace
Brb, buying an oven mitt.

>In 2013, GitHub installed a rug in its headquarters that read, “United Meritocracy of GitHub.” The rug was removed in 2014 after criticism from feminist commentators that, although meritocracy is a virtue that it is hard to disagree with in principle, it doesn’t do much for diversity in the workplace. CEO Chris Wanstrath tweeting, “We thought ‘meritocracy’ was a neat way to think of open source but now we see the problems with it. Words matter. We’re getting a new rug.”

Meritocracy is a phenomena of seeking a collective of intelligent, and nothing but intelligent people.
Diversity in the aspect of meritocracy means that they need as many stupid people as intelligent because stupid people can have a lucky mental break once in 50 years, and the stupid people are of course supposed to be feminists seeking employment with sub-par CV-s filled with bullshit.
Meaning GitHub is a business seeking profit by employing stupid people, which of course will always lead to losses rather than profit as Mozilla portrays.

Full paper is here:
peerj.com/articles/cs-111/

Wrong.

Obvious gender: They automatically evaluated user/display names with regard to male/female, and only used the results with highest confidence. They also had a 3 person panel of 1 American (man), 1 Chinese (man), and 1 Indian (woman) origin, evaluating the profile pictures.

"True" gender: They linked the email addresses to Google+ accounts (you can search by email), and you have to state your gender (male/female/other) for Google+ accounts.

>We considered a GitHub profile as gender neutral if all of the following conditions were met:
>an identicon (rather than a profile image) was used,
>the gender inference tool output a ‘unknown’ for the user’s login name and display name, and
>none of the panelists indicated that they could identify the user’s gender.

This seems to be sound.

>Out of 4,037,953 GitHub user profiles with email addresses, we were able to identify 1,426,127 (35.3%) of them as men or women through their public Google+ profiles.

>User not on Google+: 325,100
>Acceptance rate: 71.5%

>User identifies as ‘Male’ on Google+: 312,909
>Acceptance rate: 74.2%

>User identifies as ‘Female’ on Google+: 21,510
>Acceptance rate: 79.9%

Wrong, it even holds for C and C++: See picture.

This study is sound. Sup Forums eternally BTFO'd again!

Wait, the real question is why more than 50% of these users even have a Google+ account...

>the guardian
unlike the virgins at Sup Forums i actually care about equality, but please tell me you don't actually believe the crap they write

>The real conclusion is that having a Google+ account makes you a better coder.

>accepted PR == code quality
What a retarded metric

fool

male wannabe programmers are shit coders
female wannabe programmers don't code at all
only the pretty good female programmers code

Whelp, at least I care about proper orthography and referencing, enough to correct myself. Still too early in the morning though... :3

well this got /thread'ed quite early
sorry girls

Except that it isn't true. They got the gender by linking the email address of the commit to their Google+ account.

not him but I really liked your post
have a wonderful day user

>'github approved code'
Why would I give a fuck what they think? They're just holding onto my shit for me until someone gets pissed i don't have a code of conduct or forks to remove all references to slave.

I can't wait till this meme dies.

Die now then.

First and most important: Correlation does not imply causality. Some other factor might be causing good female programmers not to disclose their gender.

Second: Number of accepted commits is a really shitty metric. The study might as well be measuring the difference in size between male and female commits. I wonder if the result holds if they had used total LOC changed.

when i play online games i use female names for the givs, who the hell being a female would hide their sex? it makes them actual to men and you lose the access to the female privilege, this article makes no sense

wouldn't that mean that animeposters are dumb? since the assumption here is that (showing yourself as women) == (using anime girls as profile pic)

would a avatar of ferris make me considered a qt girl or a girl (male)?

>Second: Number of accepted commits is a really shitty metric. The study might as well be measuring the difference in size between male and female commits. I wonder if the result holds if they had used total LOC changed.

They did:

>Women - Median: 29 lines added, 5 lines removed, 2 files changed, 1 commit
>Women - Mean: 1,591 lines added, 597 lines removed, 29.2 files changed, 5.2 commits

>Men - Median: 20 lines added, 4 lines removed, 2 files changed, 1 commit
>Men - Mean: 1,003 lines added, 431 lines removed, 2 files changed, 4.8 commits

Again, women have more commits and significantly larger commits.

I LOVE ASTOLFO

By the way this goes directly against the statistic regarding the productivity of Google employees on Github

When I make Google account, I always choose female as my gender because why not?

Does this include faggot manager types that don't actually commit anything?

Wow omg, I should have checked my privilege?

It's incredible that every site that the majority of the users are rightists are considered to be nazi.

Who the fuck is going to believe that women are better at programming than men?

>women considered better coders
>but only if they hide their gender
You don't notice how this is obviously talking about women(male)?
Sup Forums has been saying this for years

>even holds for C and C++
c and c++ were created by a man :^)

>Sup Forums cuck cites articles about the blacks being violent
>"dude you can't argue with the facts"
>Sup Forums cuck comes across paper that debunks something he believes strongly about
>"dude correlation does not imply causation!"
kek

I don't even get near Sup Forums, but if an article says blacks are more likely to commit violent crimes, it means just that. Not that they are more likely to be violent BECAUSE they are black.

And this user got it. The study really seems sound.

HAHAHA just fucking delete Sup Forums already

why were they so mean to him(e)

median and mean aren't the same thing, fucking idiot.

This is very much true. Every time I hear feminist talk about the patriarchy it feels like listening to neo-nazis talk about Jews.

>women(male)
*trans woman

Because they are girls(female), women are cruel, user.

a qt girl (male)

So this show that woman who hides their gender are better than womeb who display it

*Mentally ill

>if an article says blacks are more likely to commit violent crimes, it means just that.
>but if an article says women write higher-quality code than men, it means that we should refuse to believe it
you act like men are somehow better at copy-pasting code from stackoverflow

>men are the best at .txt files
Women BTFO'd once again

>more than 50% having Google+ account
As if they couldn't make it more obvious it's fake

This.

>This seems to be sound.
their way of determining gender is garbage.

at least there is a thinkpad in the picture

Holy shit they are right.

It says right here:

>In an informal inspection into profile images, we found examples of non-photographic images that conveyed gender cues, so we did not attempt to distinguish between photographic and non-photographic images when classifying profiles as gendered.

>so we did not [...] distinguish between photographic and non-photographic images

They did in fact count accounts with anime girls in the profile picture as female.

Case closed.

>The study states that they had to guess the gender of the person based on their avatar
>This means that people with avatars of anime girls are considered women
At least a black person is definitely a goddamn black person. Are you gonna tell me it's just people disguised as black people?

You do not have the right to express hate speech.

If you consider your self a male nationalist, you literally do not have the right to speak. Ever.

Just shut your mouth or we will shut it for you.

>This means that people with avatars of anime girls are considered women
where does it say that? Why would they assume women are the weebs? Anime avatar is a pretty good indicator of the poster being a male, especially if it's an anime girl

google makes you an account when you make a gmail. I had a google+ account I did not know about until people started adding me

they're NEETs
as in they have a ton of free time

Hate speech is free speech.

Shut your sjw typing fingers and go back you leftist.