What does Sup Forums use their VPS for?

What does Sup Forums use their VPS for?
I currently run a pomf clone but I'm tired of it and I want to do something different

I don't use mine for anything but I've always wanted to make a webtoy

my site and cloud.
want to get another one, but still looking around for a good provider

bump
based fuhrer

Tinytiny rss

Website, playing around with nginx/node/iptables and stuff. Using my student pack credit on Digitalocean for now, but it's comfy, so I'll keep it.

opennic dns server, proxy, vpn

to run IRC

Shadowsocks, openvpn and netatalk

someone recommend me a vps provider
something cheap that can handle wordpress
just want to try and test things on it so there won't be much traffic

Iodine daemon
OpenVPN server
DynDNS daemon
Automatic discount scraper for a local food store on a cron schedule, sometimes they give away free food for some reason

I should note that I use a Raspberry Pi Zero W as VPS, I'm on a budget.

Digital Ocean $5 or $10/month box.

That's what I mean, with a Raspberry Pi Zero W I spend 10$ and last a few years with it.

tt-rss

Proxy to avoid shitty ISP peering mostly.

Postfix mail server and OpenVPN.

If you need an austistic timesink hobby get into hosting your own mail

VUltr, starting at @2.5 which is totally usable, plus more bonus when you sign up than digitalocean

Or make a google compute engine acc, it's a mess but you get $300 to try it

>autistic timesink hobby
>basic postfix setup takes maybe an hour or two if you don't know what the fuck you are doing
Great hobby, user.

Does DigitalOcean allow torrenting?

now try actually getting your mail delivered

This ffs I didn't know mail was so hard until I tried to set it up.

>install postfix
>edit main.cf
>make sure mx record is properly set
Okay, now what?

send an email to an outlook.com or gmail address. They won't receive it.

Yes, but only on things that aren't having DMCA requests sent to
Digital ocean wont give them your private information, but if they receive a DMCA they'll ask you to remove the offending torrent, and if you dont they'll close your account.

Then tell me why your mail was bounced. "They won't receive it" isn't an accurate error description.

Last time I checked outlook.com just sends it into a black hole. no bounceback, it doesn't even go into the junk folder. This is a common thing that has been reported by a lot of other independent email hosters and no amount of configuration seems to get around it. Maybe I'm just missing something I dunno. Teach me

Then learn how to configure your email, dmarc, spf, etc.

I know that outlook.com can be extremely retarded when receiving mails, we are forced to use Outlook365 at work and mails, even from big companies, go missing at times.
If you aren't on any blacklist and the mail log indicates that the Mail was delivered, it can't be helped, sad but true. A sane thing to do is greylisting your sender address at first, but it obviously blackholes them. I suppose all you can do is blame MS and Google for their retarded spam filter rules.

I have DKIM and SPF set up and my main.cf is written properly. I've done as many different deliverability tests as I could find and passed them all. Outlook just hates self-hosters or my server's IP range or something

If you're hosting on a cheaper VPS this could be your issue, many hosts block IP ranges from the cheap VPS hosts because tons of spammers use those IPs.

yeah, just did another test message to my outlook address and it bounced. The IP range is blocked. mystery solved