Which music player are you using Sup Forums...

Which music player are you using Sup Forums? I started using a program called Lollypop a few days ago and I've gotta say..it's comfy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2ZPWbkR2BbE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Foobar 2k (no stupid theme or other Sup Forums stuff, just the program itself) on win10 and poweramp on Android.

MPV you stupid FAT VIRGIN LOSER NECKBEARD.

Saged.

Foobar is comfy, I use it on all my windows installs. That or winamp can't pick a favourite between the two.

Iron Maiden is boring

lollypop seems to be alright

does basically what I want a music player to do, no complaints except it lacks built-in volume control

but that seems to be a massive fucking headache in linux in general, seriously who the fuck made the abortion that is pulseaduo and alsa?

Woah, calm your autistic rage mate. Last I checked MPV doesn't have a library option, do you mean you drag folders into it? That's pretty meme-tier if you have more than 20 albums.

Disagree, Maiden is the only band I can listen to, close my eyes and imagine myself in another place. They're a classic, seen them live 6 times and probably more before they retire.

Yeah, especially with Gnome. Gnome designers just make weird fucking choices non-stop, like hiding advanced menus.

Have you heard anything of their 2010 album 'The final frontier'? Bretty good.

you should also try aimp. even if it comes from mother russia, it is a nice program (both on win10 and android)

Pandora on Roku. Free version.

>Powerwolf
>Iron maiden

Those are in my top 3 favorite bands. Good shit, my man.

I might try out the android version, I'm using dsub right now because all of my music comes from my madsonic server.

Can't leave me hanging there, what's the 3rd band?

foobar with a shitty wannabe itunes theme

MPD and ncmpcpp on my craptop, clementine on my desktop.

Spotify because it's 2017

Never fell for the Spotify meme, what benefits does it have over curating your own collection? I have like 750GB of music.

youtube

iOS default one

might as well just use Jewtube since opus is better

looks nice actually, what theme?

Not him, but you basically don't need to set aside 750GB of space.

It's pandora, only you can pick and choose your own music.

>he thinks maiden is boring
youtube.com/watch?v=2ZPWbkR2BbE
If you can listen to this and unironically hate it you must be a faggot.

silentnight. you can find it on deviantart, i think

I use AIMP! (:

Hmm, I could see that, I have 12TB of space in my PC/externals anyway. A lot of my collection is high quality FLAC stuff, I assume Spotify doesn't have that.

iirc spotify premium gets you something a bit close to v0 LAME.

Blyat, does it auto-rename all of your music in Russian? That's comfy.

>A lot of my collection is high quality FLAC stuff, I assume Spotify doesn't have that.
Correct. Tidal does, if you're willing to pay for it.

Huh, interesting. I used googles spotify knockoff for a while and wasn't very impressed.

>if you're willing to pay for it.
Seems retarded when you can use Headphones web app on a cheap server to find, download and sync FLAC for free like I do already.

looks like this for those wondering, very comfy app.

Indeed. You also know exactly what you can listen to. You have to hope for the best with streaming services.

I use Pandora to find new music, but I don't pretend that its a good alternative to owning music. It just supplements it without 10 minutes of ads for every 30 minutes of listening, like my local radio.

Using it for finding music then getting the high quality copies yourself is a good idea. I wouldn't pay the $10 a month or so for that still though.

I don't pay for Pandora. I find what I like, and I download what I want from elsewhere. Again, no flac option, though.

Spotify,

I don't remember the last time I ran my music player...

f2k on Windows and mpd+ncmpcpp on Linux.

>mpd+ncmpcpp
great for ricing, not great for managing huge collections

>Powerwolf
My nigga

MusicBee is best tho

tfw windows only, but you just reminded me I need to download some Amon amarth albums, some korpiklaani too.

How much resources does MusicBee hog?

Not the same guy, but a Musicbee user myself. Compared to other big players with similar features it barely uses any resources. RAM usage constantly under 50 MB (unless you choose to load each audio file into memory as a whole) and CPU usage around 2-3%.

MusicBee is one of the lighter players I've used.

Clementine, used to use foobar but changed themes too often because I was never happy with how it looked
AHHHH FRANK SINATRA

It looked nice last I used it, but there was no easy way to change the volume when you're not using Gnome as your DE.
Now I use Rhythmbox and gmusicbrowser.

Ah I wouldn't know, I use gnome, surely the other full DE's all have volume controls? or are you using a WM?

Clementine

Projecting much? I'd advise you to fuck a real girl but I doubt you'd know what to do with a pussy if it sat on your face.

mocp because it werks and it also werks on my server where I have no gooey, when I'm a phonefaggot I use org.cyanogenmod.eleven
also
>Powerwolf
Amen, brother

why quodlibet has no attention on Sup Forums?

Never heard of it, looks interesting.

lot of Powerwolf fans out there

in here* rather

lollypop is pretty okay, shame the dev is incompetent and can't even implement embedded cue support

Music bee

>column view players in 2017
come the fuck on

what's wrong with it?

Not him, but I don't think that's the case, the singer herself is Russian

Stalin does not approve.

Ugly interface.

it werks

f2k because just works

Too bad it also uses tons of memory and CPU to display the artwork view, because the developer is a fucking retard and decided to use python and load all artwork into memory. Also having any non-ascii character in an artist's name fucks up the artists list in the left column, making it unuseable.

B-but..pretty..

This shit ain't pretty at all

MAMMA MIA SPAGHETTI

maiden

Mine doesn't look like that, are you running an old version?

...So your top 3 is..

Maiden
Powerwolf
Maiden again?

You know what? I respect that.

I think it's the All artists view. Using version 0.9.244-2, afaik it's the latest

Could you perhaps running a shitty build or something? Mine is running lean and I can't find the display you have in your screenshot. I have the version from AUR IIRC.

by the way, quodlibet has cover grid as well

Hi Jake, why wasting your time with Arch Linux? Are you NEET?

Nah, and what's wrong with Arch? It's comfy.

Oh no, it's a setting that enables the artists photos; I've used the latest version from the arch community repos, now I installed the one from the AUR. It appears that the problem with the memory usage is related to the artists pictures, but the font rendering is still fucked.

MOC on dropdown terminal. Ain't need no fancy graphics

How many albums do you have loaded through it? I've only got about 30ish loaded right now so that might be why my memory's lower.

I like the simplicity of MOP but I just have too much music to manage.

Use the Playlist function. If you have VLC installed they have a ncurses frontend called "nvlc" that might be interesting.

I think it's something to do with displaying artist artwork, it shot my memory up but still nowhere near as high as yours.

I can't stand digital music management so all my digital music I just transfer immediately to my DAP then delete off my PC.

Listen to physical music or bandcamp / soundcloud at home and DAP on the go.

desu, I always listen to 1 folder where my music is, for instance now I'm listening to /Interstellar Music but I also have /chill, etc... so I just launch tmux --new-session "cava" --split-window "nvlc ~/Music/Interstellar Music"

I have about 2k albums (singles are counted as albums) by about 1.5k artists.

i like music bee

I guess the developers a brainlet, good looking out. I'll stay on the lookout for a diff program, my collection is too big and I'm not looking to use 2g of RAM on a music app.

Google play music, lets you store 25000 songs for free and upload music to listen acrkss devices. I listen to music on my desktop, phone, and laptop depending on what I'm doing so it's the easiest option I know of

Have you considered getting a cheap server and doing Madsonic+headphones+dsub? That's a better option IMO.

can I get a copy of that theme?

I haven't, sounds like a cool project I could work on though. Thanks for the suggestion

Musicbee

Ultraseedbox.com and seedboxes.cc are both good deals on cheap servers.

Looks absolutely disgusting but would high five for peste noire.

Jesus man, change that theme. What's wrong with you?

i actually like that theme desu

Are those FLACs?
If so, where did you find so many classical stuff?
Some private tracker or?

You have excellent taste.

mpd + ncmpcpp

Thanks friend.

Who pissed in your cheerios?

deadbeef
poweramp