So fa/g/s, why aren't you using BS 1363 plugs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EaZGaJrd3x8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't have socket for that

>implying im not

The BS plug is imperialism and white supremacy and is against the value of Americans.

Chilean electrical code doesnt accept it.

That's an awesome looking plug. Protective, stable, strong

No such thing in the first world

I'm using superior Japanese plugs.

>can only insert one way

>brits brag about using plugs
>americans brag about using guns

I wonder which one is better at saving your life?

agreed user its almost like they designed it properly

Because I do not live in Great Britain where it is used.

>ground is at the top
>so when the cord eventually gets pulled and the top of the plug comes out there's no ground
R E T A R D E D

Schuko is superior, britbong

I don't need it, bongs only need to so their dodgy ring wiring doesn't burn their houses down.

Any sane person uses a star.

The ground pin is longer than the other pins, so it comes out last.

get fucked cunt

Because it's unnecessarily clunky and objectively inferior to glorious Schuko.
I come from the land of kawaii plugs, and I still changed everything to Schuko in this house.

>Mandatory switches on every socket
>Mandatory earth on every socket
>Mandatory pin insulation on plugs
>10a Plugs fit into 15a/20a sockets but not the other way around
AS/NZS:3001 truly is best.

Yeah if you have an argument for the fuse in the plug you have bigger short term issues to deal with.

because I use master race plugs

>Allows for inverse phase
Bad design.

>easily bent out of alignment pins
No thanks.

If by easy you mean with a pair of pliers, sure.
By the same token, they can be fix with pliers.

There's another version that is even more cute

weak hands

What consequences does that have?

STRONG AND STABLE

you need plugs to cook food, which is necessary to live.
us plugs kill people because they're so shitty.

Its standard in Great Britain, retard.

What would happen if I stepped on your plug?

Safer plugs are needed for the doubled voltage used throughout the country.

I wonder which is more useful on a day to day basis, guns, or better electricity?

>Allows for inverse phase
>Bad design.
made me kek

>hurr durr so superior

Muslim countries aren't first world.

It would be extremely painful

In Britain owning a gun is a privilege not a right. On top of that were not completely infested with feral coons and mexican cartels.
My uncle has 2 shotguns and a rifle, I prefer my bow to be honest, though obviously its not as convenient as a gun Im good enough with it that if I got a shot off you wouldnt be walking away.

You're a big guy

>Fire caused by product made in the USA

wasn't muh safety supposed to prevent this from happening?

This was caused by a faulty fridge iirc, but these are poverty blocks, the fucko with the fridge probably picked it up at the side of the road, and the building went up because of the cladding...some kind of insulation I think, on the outside of the building.
besides, tragic as it is for the individuals involved on a racial basis Britain got just a tiny bit more British that day.

We use similar plugs for 380V electric stoves.

We have a church confirmed monarchy, how are we a muslim country? And what country are you from? Im sure its entirely homogenous and hhahs absolutely no societal or cultural problems whatsoever.

>made in the USA
lol no. and cancuckistanis have made our appliances for decades.

Having a safe plug isn't going to help when the appliance itself explodes, user. Maybe if you stoneage yanks spent less time hoarding guns and more time building something that can handle voltages higher than a pathetic 120V, all your factories would stop moving to China and Mexico.

Indesit Company

Why the fuck would I use any plug other than the standard for the country I'm in?

calling the guys that are stealing your jobs cucks....thats a whole new level of beta delusion.

starting to think this thread should be moved to Sup Forums

so you don't get a neutral wire?

Not for 3 phase no...

American Hotpoint appliances are made by Haier in China. European Hotpoint appliances are made by Whirlpool in the USA.

>calling the guys that are stealing your jobs cucks
>doesn't know what canadians are called
sasuga user

America is #1 you stupid eurocucks, canacucks, and mexiniggers

They're called Canadians, or, coloquially, Canucks.

Cancuckistanis is just some made up shit for edgy children, and adults who think like children.

Neutral is only used for stuff that needs single phase.

b-but where does the electricity go then?

you sure showed me

the bucket next to the stove

this, it turns into electrical waste

Phase 1 -> Phase 2
Phase 2 -> Phase 3
Phase 3 -> Phase 1

Neutral as the name would suggest does not actually do anything. Half the time the live wire is pushing electrons and half the time it's pulling. The neutral is just going with the flow.

also, the cuck was a typo, but now i'm lmao @ you for getting so assblasted

It must be nice to live in a bubble.

Not using these GODMODE plugs.

Ultra hard mode: guess what country im in

Italy.

you should know

This is the ideal grid, you may not like it, but this is what peak performance look like

fag

>Mexico
>not 120v
>safe plug isn't going to help
b-but muh fuse!

Never understood the point of having both N and PEN as they're always shorted together.

Neutral is *grounded* because it has to be but it's run independent of the *grounding* conductor after the first box.

If you used a neutral as a grounding conductor in single phase setup then it would be carrying current and if it's used to ground the outside of a device it could shock anyone that touched the chassis.

The grounding conductor does NOT carry current under normal conditions, its always empty and if it does for some reason start to conduct the breaker or fuse will trip instead.

so you can run a gfi properly

PE(N) must never be interrupted as it's safety critical. RCDs interrupt N, so PEN and RCDs cannot coexist.

Whatever safety standards the British plugs have, so many others have too.

Fuses aren't needed when you have a radial circuit.
But Britain was damaged really bad by WW2 so they had to settle with a ring circuit (less copper needed) so they needed fuses in their plugs.

You could say that the design of their plug is evidence that Britain lost that war.
Only country that ended up so poor that they had to settle with a ring circuit.

So it boils down to material used.
IEC 60906-1 and the Swiss one use less raw materials than the Schuko or the Brit plugs while allowing the same safety standard therefore they're better.
Unless your country is too poor for a radial circuit in which you case you have to settle with fused plugs.

Yeah, on a TT system I can easily see the earthing is different and the 1-phase current will flow from L1-N and not the ground of the consumer, since they're physically different.

But on a TN-C-S like it really doesn't make sense, as you're just shorting 2 wires on the same ground.

>British use a ring circuit
>British have a separate hot water faucet

third world tier

interrupt PEN and suppose a connection L to body

because if for some reason you cut PEN to turn of your shit, you got the Phase on the otherwise grounded case + the gfi doesn't trip between PEN and Phase, only between Phase and ground, the floor in other words

You do realize California alone is basically bigger than your country?
You cannot possibly expect to lump that demographic to everything in the US.

There's no problem if you want to build a house with a radial circuit as your main method of distribution in a new build - we have standards for that. But nobody bothers because literally every appliance you can buy aside from lighting and a few typical exceptions has a fused, replaceable plug. Taps are similar - but that's a stylistic choice these days. I live in a Victorian town house with (unused) gas lamp fittings on the walls - the kitchen sink has a single faucet for hot and cold.

Is it true many Brits can't drink from the hot water tap since it might be Nasty bacteria filled shit?

Yes, because you don't drink water that's been heated from a boiler. It's no less drinkable than it is anywhere else in the world, we're just not dumb enough to do it.

What possible issue could you have with water heated in a modern combi boiler, flowing to modern, appropriate plumbing? Water is heated on the spot from mains. Maybe if you've got some ancient shit, sure, don't drink it.

Older infrastructure means more people have ancient shit. The vast majority of people still use big old gas boilers that are only ever maintained once every 20 years, and won't get rid of them because it's cheaper and easier than upgrading to something more modern.

the whole drinking hot water is usually a bad idea. Most USA hot water is cloudy and just doesn't look appetizing.

Because it's the "LEGO plug"

none really.

>Switches on sockets
But why? Making switches mandatory on every socket seems like a retarded and expensive downside.

Depends where in Britain, London and Birmingham most definitely would be guns.

>not infested with feral coons
London? Also NI you have very gun friendly laws.

our president and cmdr in chief uses a rifle to cook his breakfast, i dont know where ur getting your information
youtube.com/watch?v=EaZGaJrd3x8

I have something very similar, might be the same, in my burger palace. It's on my shit pump. Literally a shit pump, it grinds up the sewage and pumps it to the city sewage lines which are apparently uphill.

Chile

Great plugs, but evil little fuckers that I swear move by themselves in the night to place themselves right in your path.

I can't wait until gangs start using our plugs as weapons.
It'll be fun to see the nanny try and ban plugs.

Ever tied a bunch of the plugs (with a couple metres of cable) together? You've got the deadliest bolas ever invented.