Tablet vs pen and paper

If you aren't into social media is there any point of having a tablet?

Yes. So i can store thousands of books on it and leave the shelves in my limited space home only for what i find is really really valuable shit that deserves to be kept in physical form;
so I can write papers, make sketches, and not have to fill my surroundings with paper waste everywhere;
and last but not least, because what i write i can also label and put tags on the page, and quickly search and find it instead of wasting time flipping pages in physical noteblooks and papers.

To clarify, I don't need a tablet, I need a fucking e-reader with much more superior battery life with the ability to write with a stylus which has the most intelligently designed palm-rejection software possible.

Have a laptop, tablet and smartphone.

Laptop is for work and surfing.

Tablet is for reading, shopping and games.

Smartphone is dedicated to calling and texting, and occasional toilet surfing and conversation research (images, links to products a friend wants knowledge about, etc.)

Just organize yourself and everything has a place and purpose.

reading books - desu that's all I use mine for,

Saying that, its great for it.

>tablet is for games

right, any notepad + pen recommendations?

It has already been scientifically proven that the analog act of writing helps you learn better than typing or, the worse of all, using your thumbs to type text in a fucking phone screen.

Midori Traveller's notebook, + Faber Castell Loom fountain pen

Join the traveler's cult user, you will not regret it.

How is a tablet useful for reading books? You mean, in the dark, when you need light? Surely you don't try to read electronic "books" on a tablet...

>Surely you don't try to read electronic "books" on a tablet...
You are clearly an educated and intelligent individual with valuable ideas.

I think journaling is indispensible to organizing my life.

All these gay apps will never beat laying ink on paper.

No matter how much money you spend on pretentious, obsolete utilities, your lives will never be worthwhile to make the things you write down important.

No one here is discussing the importance of the things you write or to whom they are important to begin with.

Good job, making it cleat that you have no arguments against the superior from of expressing your knowledge.

Also, guess what faggot? I use non pH neutral ink on my journal, I don't give a crap about archival properties, so your post is doubly irrelevant to me.

It's still the same form, idiot. It's letters. Nothing changes, except for the fact that you prefer a more (potentially) environmentally unfriendly, harder to archive, harder to search and harder to edit method. Then you try to come up with excuses about "exclusivity" and "sophistication" because you desperately need justification.

No one is forcing you to stop doing things you enjoy. Just stop being pretentiously stupid about it and claiming it's superior from a usability/technical point of view.

tablets are handy when learning shit on pdfs at the library for example

Read the thread you brain dead idiot, there are studies that show how writing stuff makes you learn more efficiently than the digital ways.

You keep patting garbage and imputing words that no one has said.

>Or why would you workout and live a healthy life if you are going to die eventually anyway
lmfao that mindset. It's pretty clear you amount to nothing and want to just put other people down to justify your shortcomings. If people want to spend money on things they like & enjoy and that they do for themselves so be it.
Stop being so depressed and go try to get attention elsewhere.

I'm a drawfag, so yes there is a point. Don't know how android fares but iOS has come a long way for music making. To the point where you could feasibly compose, arrange, mix and master on just an ipad

no, tablets are the biggest tech flop of the last 25 years

Paper doesn't phone home.
Paper doesn't track you.
Paper doesn't restrict the language, form of writing or diagrams you can draw.

I use paper and pencil, pen. Tablets are a shit.

Yeah. I don't have any social media, and I still make use of a tablet.
>reading manga and books
>watching videos and movies
>taking notes
>reading scientific articles wherever I want
>anything else you can do on a phone (including texting) except calling people

It's even better when you have a self-hosted cloud set-up so that you can access all of your desktop data from your tablet.

>self-hosted cloud
You're using that term wrong.

I guess you're right. Let me rephrase then: It's even better when you have a self-hosted cloud server set-up so that any data you can access from your desktop, you can also access from your tablet.

>It's still the same form, idiot. It's letters. Nothing changes

Using your fine motor skills to lay ink on a paper to form letters, which has a special connection to a certain part of your brain, which aids in the process of learning IS NOT THE SAME as punching keys on a keyboard or using your thumb to type on a virtual keyboard in a touchscreen.

You have no fucking clue what you are talking about, shut the fuck up already you cunt.

I got a tablet just for writing notes and it's very good at it. The pen driver is imperfect (not sure if it's Google's, Wacom's or Samsung's fault), but editing tools far outweigh occasional jiggles of the pointer (it looks like smoothing is broken at the start of a stroke, some apps correct for this with their smoothing, but the one that actually looks usable to me doesn't). Undo/redo, copy/paste is just awesome when taking notes. I couldn't however use it much for anything else, because 12" touch display is awful for anything beside the stylus, because you can't cover whole screen with your thumbs and it's uncomfortable to hold it with one hand. On the other hand, I wouldn't like to go smaller for notes. It still doesn't feel as good as scratching paper with a pen, but the utilities make it worth for me.

dude just type it into a text file lmao
use gpg if you think the gubmint is spying ony ou

There's a Sony e-ink tablet that fits a lot of those criterion, but its super overpriced.

Currently I'm making do with a think pad x230t, but its still not a perfect device.

Yes, because every writing one does is related to studying.

I know. What pisses me off is that Apple isn't tackling the very market that perfectly suits its philosophy and "culture" which would force competition such as Sony into lowering prices and which is a worthy device to popularize for society as a whole; yet they do stupid shit like Apple Watch.
Boggles my mind.

the market has spoken, my friend. if the market demands more vapid shit like smart watches, then the companies have no choice but to follow suit or risk being labeled as "out of touch" by the equally vapid investors.

Yeah, but Jobs didn't listen to what the market decides, he made the market decide by himself and avoided tackling industries that are incompatible (at the time at least) with Apple's philosophy and type of influence.
Which is why Apple turned into shit following the death of Steve'o. It stopped being the one who shapes the market, and started being submissive to the market while fucking up.

But the market isn't really free though. Companies like Apple have enormous sway in determining what people want. If they made a device that fit what we wanted and used their marketing influence to make it happen then tech normies would eat it up.

its pretty comfy for tabletop rpg desu

I want to get a loom so bad but I hate the shiny barrel on the white looms

that S is our timeline's ouroboros or ying yang symbol

I would use paper and pen over a tablet, as I do a lot of writing, but I can't get over the fact that writing is so much slower than typing. Is there any way to justify the absurd difference in writing speed?