Techie 50 year old uncle laughed when I told him I'm learning C++, said Java is the future

>techie 50 year old uncle laughed when I told him I'm learning C++, said Java is the future
Is he right Sup Forums? I thought Java was pooinloo garbage?

Other urls found in this thread:

tiobe.com/tiobe-index//
instagram.com/purrblind/
github.com/dotnet/coreclr/blob/master/LICENSE.TXT
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

if you want cushy job working corporate, then Java sounds like the best option available

I thought JavaScript was the future?

C++ is for "going full or going broke".
You either get high level jobs or get dumped like a bitch.
Java on other hand opens the doors for less paying but more abundant jobs.

Of course, pic related, specially given the fact Java is pretty much C++ with a different dialect and memory management.

>Java is the future
That's what people said 20 years ago.

is that nyanners

this
and to be fair they were right

>C++ is for "going full or going broke".
>You either get high level jobs or get dumped like a bitch.
>Java on other hand opens the doors for less paying but more abundant jobs.
Your browser, your OS and just about every AAA video game ever is written in C++.

>Java is pretty much C++ with a different dialect and memory management.
You have no idea what you are talking about.

How retarded are you?

Java is both the future and pooinloo garbage. If you were hoping to get an industry job in which reason prevails, it's not too late to kys.

why not learn both?

it's not like java is hard to learn

>pooinloo is the future
good point, probably true

Name?

sirs u will regretting to say "pooinloo" india WILL BE A SUPERPOWER by 2020... FUCK U

...Why

jinx from dota 2

>techie
>50 year old uncle
did he show you his awesome DHTML web page

pooinloos will flood the java market in 20 years when they get more competent. You should probably be prepared to branch out then

It's a ME!ME!ME! cosplay. I need that sauce

From what I know he's pretty based. Uses some sort of Linux distro, spent most of his life doing tech related jobs as its evolved

kek

I don't think there's a non-creepy way to say I really like her (his?) skin.

>techie 50 year old uncle laughed when I told him I'm learning C++, said Java is the future
Java was the future 20 years ago. Now, it is very much the past.

They did and now it' the present. By far most developers work in Java.

So you just confirmed his hypothesis no?
OS Develoment
Browser Development
AAA Game Development

All of these are high paying dream jobs really.

tiobe.com/tiobe-index//

>C++ jobs
OS, game engines, web browsers

>Java
I know there are impressive Java applications, but I'm willing to bet that 90% of Java developer jobs involve writing simple business logic applications that are horrifically mangled by your Pajeet team in Bangalore.

Who is this slut?

The corporate world is always a generation or two behind the trend. That does not change the fact that java is unmistakably on the way out. Even in corporate land it is mostly recognized as today's cobol, the carrier of mountains of legacy crap.

>cross platform
>garbage collected
>requires a virtual machine
where did Java go so wrong Bros?

You should know both, along with a few other languages. Girls wont even date programmers who know less than 5 languages.

You sister looks weird.

>fyi Sup Forums would have you study c,c++, and use linux just so that you're completely unemployable

Don't fall for the meme.

source
instagram.com/purrblind/

where do bitches like that find money for all those clothes?

A powerful toilet is still a toilet. Enjoy your shit stained rupies.

>Linux user.
>Telling others about the future of tech while using tech with no future.

Kek.

I can't allow you to talk shit about the JVM. Java might be trash, but the JVM has done nothing wrong.

>the JVM has done nothing wrong

thanks

C# > java

C# is much like java, but working with the language doesn't make you want to kys.

C# is better than java in every way and lots of languages like python, ruby, etc are funner.

My country runs on c#

Klossy is the future

India?

Is your uncle named Pajeet?

Europe is not india yet.

>said Java is the future
>a single language is the future
How tech illiterate is he?

>You have no idea what you are talking about.
He is right tho... At least comparatively

And they were right. Java dominates as a programming language. The downfall of Java was mainly slower CPU. But with the advent of fast CPU, this would be a thing of the past.

If you can write C++ code that doesn't go up in flames, writing Java code is trivial.

Only an idiot would avoid learning a language because Sup Forums told them so.

I bet your 50 year old techie uncle thinks traps are not gay. He is dead strong because the penis is feminine.

Java being not well optimized and thus slow is no longer an issue when you consider it isn't 1995 anymore and that compilers have improved as have hardware platforms. C++ is still useful but Java has greater portability.

After learning C++, you'll have no issues learning Java. They're very similar. This is a pointless remark.

That said, there's value in learning the JVM will because that opens you up to also learning Scala and Clojure. C++ is pretty much a dead - end though

in a world were docker exist portability isn't such a big thing anymore.

>portability
Who the fuck cares? Everything is x86 and if it isn't we write low level C code or assembly anyhow.

HolyC is the future you fucking idiots.

I wish Manners was my bf.

yes, the java platform is dominating software development and it isn't going anywhere

>Your browser, your OS and just about every AAA video game ever is written in C++.
my os is written in C. "web browser industry" (lel) and video game industry are literally nothing compared to, for example, banking industry where Java is the king. I mean literally peantus. there's a dozen of single banks that have more revenue than the entire video game industry.

HotSpot JVM is the greatest piece of software ever created, including its GC mechanisms

they're practically identical. also Kotlin > C#

They are on track to get to the moon before the US goes again.

If you know C++ you pretty much already know java since they're almost identical syntactically and the APIs for java libraries are written under the assumption that retards will be using them.

Neither is the future though because you have to manually manage concurrency

Hah this would be true if you posted it in 1998. This has already happened.

she thirsty?

>Top 10
>VB.NET
>+0.05%
Goddamn I want one of those jobs.

not him but here in Vietnam C# is highly wanted by most corporations

>Your browser, your OS and just about every AAA video game ever is written in C++.
They are full and broken, so he was right.

woo Java drop 6% straight
sound pretty high level for me a fresher tbqh

Is Rust the future?

The vast majority of C++ jobs are in finance. You will probably need to move to a major city like NYC to make bank.

He's full of shit
C++ was bad, but since C++11 and 14 it turned good; multi threading can now actually be done, templates are much more applicable now, and everything's 100x easier to use.

Europe connecting the world, thru Indian servers (looks like anyway). That's a shame.
So we are Pajeet for them :)

Not really, but it could displace C++ in its niche of specialized, performance-intensive applications.

>By far most developers work in Java.
Wrong. You're thinking of Javascript** the most popular language on the planet.
>mfw this steams Sup Forums's beans
Doesn't matter, it's the truth.

JAVAAAAAAAAA

from their 500 patreon betas

Guess what?

Java is a "pooinloo language" (as you put it) BECAUSE you'll always find a job with it.

In Java you can't shoot yourself in the foot like in C or C++, so it's suited for code monkey.

Java is on the decline lately.
I'd love to see it dying, but it won't happen anytime soon.

This. It can't be stopped.

>All languages dropped in use in past decade
I-is programming dying?

I dont understand this thread

What im supposed to learn

>that sharp decline in c
how

Business Administration

C# is the future since they went open-source and cross-platform there is absolutely 0 reason to use Java.

> microshit
> future

kys

Related to pic
I would kidnap her

This

Thanks to oracle, java is now a worse option than c#

Pretty much this.

Java is on the decline but it'll take time to die like any once popular language, but it's not the first choice for a lot of projects right now. C/C++ will always exist so it's never a bad thing to learn them.

Good choices right now are Python, Go, Swift, Javascript.

That's percentages. It means that huge amount of kids learned javascript and started calling themselves programmers.

30 or 20 years ago people used to think it's a good idea to use a "one size fits all language". So they did EVERYTHING with C, C++ or Java.

Today it's more about having a toolbox of different languages and use whatever is best for your purpose.

MIT License

but they will compete with real programmers in 20 years that's what i mean

We gave up after 45 years of dangling pointers, memory stomps, stack smashes, buffer overflows. Waiting for Rust to be production ready.

github.com/dotnet/coreclr/blob/master/LICENSE.TXT

Java is already dead and buried. C# is objectively better in every single way and completely replaces it.

The real future is Rust though.

just git gud for god sake

But that's what my uni does