Tfw can't choose a laptop because people on Sup Forums will find faults and shit on EVERY SINGLE FUCKING LAPTOP on the...

>tfw can't choose a laptop because people on Sup Forums will find faults and shit on EVERY SINGLE FUCKING LAPTOP on the market

build a desktop

What do you plan on utilizing it for?

x220

Install gento on it
Gento > Laptop flaws

You could always build a green one.

Just use your free will my man, if it's a flaw you can ignore, just buy it, do what you want, Sup Forums isn't your mommy.

school, I've had this thread in the past but Sup Forums starts calling me names and a faggot.

So these are my 2 choices that I afford

>HP Spectre 15inch (Gold)
>Dell Inspiron 17

Everything else is shit and I don't want any suggestions

B-but what will Sup Forums think?

used x220

kys idiots, these are my two choices I WANT A LAPTOP THAT LOOKS GOOD NOT SOME PASTIC CHINK SHIT KYS

Then buy a MacBook you queer.

I can't afford that one friend

Set up a monthly payment plan

Get a Macbook

Buy a xiaomi and a apple sticker

Acer Travelmate are nice and affordable

It's because laptops are essentially prebuilts and everyone on Sup Forums knows that prebuilts are shit.

Stop caring about what Sup Forums thinks and just choose a fucking laptop based on what you want.

>$24 month financing
>comes out to $125/month if I get the 15inch, $2K model
yeah, no thanks

The Dell, don't think just do it.

I feel like this is a troll post, why would I get the Dell if the Spectre is 4K and has 940MX plus looks professional and has a pen?

What are you taking in school?

this

CS

But I don't know what I want

HP is a trap.
It always seems like the better choice because it comes with a lot of features but they never last.
They are poor quality.

Get the dell.

Actual good advice, I appreciate it user. The Spectre looks too good to be true desu

Then buy a mac

x220
MacBook whatever 2013
or just build a desktop

You're going to use that laptop for atleast 2 years anyways you autist

Kys you screaming brat, you care too much about what people think, get whatever you think is good and move on

BUT I CAN'T DECIDE BECAUSE Sup Forums DOESN'T AGREE ON WHAT THE PERFECT LAPTOP IS YOU BABOON

how fucking rude

x220/t420

Otherwise consider drinking bleach while breathing in helium tank

I will kick your ass

kys for recommended chickshit plastic laptop

You dont want a good laptop (thinkpad) and rather choose pleb shit? Get a Macbook if you are tech illiterate.

I can't afford a MacBook or else I would

>macfag
>calling others queer

Dell Inspiron 17 is a great laptop. Very high quality. Choose that one.

>Waaah I need Sup Forums to justify my purchase because I can't think for myself
Neck yourself

thank you friend

I'm fucking sick of this picture. Someone needs to fucking edit the Apple logo and replace it with some other shitty brand.

Go for the mac, it might seem expensive but it's the best computer you can get and it wont depreciate in value over 2 years like some shitty dell would.

Look at this Sup Forums, this is what Sup Forums has devolved too. The only reason you were put here on this earth is to be nice to your fellow human being and here you are doing the exact opposite. Being a huge dick/douchebag, this isn't Reddit where being a huge rude faggot is cool. Neck yourself (an hero)

stfu moron, see

I don't have the money to afford this laptop and Credit is shit.

Buy a Thinkpad X1 Carbon if you already have budget for HP Spectre, HP is a trap and DELL is mostly good but customer service is shit if something fails

asshole

They don't sell those at Bestbuy, I can only buy from BestBuy because my mom has $2K in in-store credit

>t. brainlet

>I don't know what I'm talking about: the post

As a cs major myself I will tell you that you don't need to overspend money on a laptop, core i5 will do just fine and dedicated GPU is not that much needed, save some dime for lets say upgrading your PC (which I did, to build the main workstation) and an ultrabook for in school work. Choose a trusty brand (avoid Acer, some ASUS laptops, low tier DELL and HP). Toshiba and Lenovo are recommended by me since they are the only ones I had no problems with so far and if you want an easy choice, pick up the MB Air 2017 but 1.8 GHz variant, it may sound dumb but it's a reliable laptop if you don't mind sub 1080p resolution and older design

>worrying about the depreciation of a desktop computer

>implying I'm actually going to use the laptop to do school work
lol faggot

>As a cs major myself I will tell you that you don't need to overspend money on a laptop, core i5 will do just fine and dedicated GPU is not that much needed, save some dime for lets say upgrading your PC (which I did, to build the main workstation) and an ultrabook for in school work. Choose a trusty brand (avoid Acer, some ASUS laptops, low tier DELL and HP). Toshiba and Lenovo are recommended by me since they are the only ones I had no problems with so far and if you want an easy choice, pick up the MB Air 2017 but 1.8 GHz variant, it may sound dumb but it's a reliable laptop if you don't mind sub 1080p resolution and older design

Fucking phone app

Then buy a gaming laptop faggot

If you don't want to get a vastly superior thinkpad that the guys here are suggesting then just buy any of these 2 and stop complaining you little bitch.

kys. I need something that looks good to my normie friends, but that isn't a MacBook

clevo/sager or thinkpad. Sorted.

as I said before, buy any of the 2 you listed before (HP Spectre/ Dell Inspiron 17) and delete the thread.

This is why everyone is making fun of you. You're acting like an underage faggot still even though you complain about price while others offer actually useful suggestions of cheaper computers. Then you cry you won't look cool enough with it. Obviously you're still in a high school mindset and just don't want to save a 100-200 bucks for other stuff while complaining an Applel is too expensive.

Seriously - if you're going to want to get a 500-600 dollar computer when a cheaper computer will do all you need anyways since you'll probably have remote connection to computer systems if you're compsci or engineering, maybe you should just jew out for a fucking Apple since you want something trendy looking since you have no actual personality apparently so you have to show people you have nice looking stuff.

Explains everything. If you're going to play League of Legends or whatever the trending games are, then all you need is

>2K model
Are you retarded? Get an Air for 999, there's a student discount happening now too. For what exactly do you need a 2K Macbook? Other people ITT are offering good advice but you're constantly shooting it down.

I guarantee you just graduated high school, you seem very stupid

Not OP, I'm looking for a new laptop as well. Definitely want something thin and lightweight. Options I'm looking at:
>Acer Swift 3 (I have an Acer Chromebook which I like, for comparison)
>Dell XPS 13 (seems pricey, not sure exactly what I'd be paying for)

Any obvious alternatives or recommendations? Going to be on travel a lot, minimal gaming, will be using Word/Excel/Access stuff for work, and listening to music.

>If you're not going to use it for anything intensive just buy a $150 netbook
I had a bad experience with some Asus shitter with an Atom processor a while ago, so I'm willing to shell out a little more for something with a bit more power and versatility.

All you will ever learn from listening to Sup Forums is a bunch of retard tier disinformation.
If you come here for anything but the lels, you only suffer.

The only people who will shit on this is mactoddlers, and their opinions are invalidated.

I have something similar at work, but the drivers are garbage on Windows 10. Applications turn completely black when moving between monitors. Also heavy as fuck and no battery life.

Probably much better with Linux, but no way IT would let me.

Update: the Lenovo Ideapad 310 also looks good

>Thinking approval from a bunch of wannabe techies that don't know their transistors from their trans-sisters is worth something.

THINKPAD

Holy fuck, is this the underage general or is OP just samefagging 50% of the thread?
Why is everyone insulting each other

I got the Yoga 910 (8GB / 256GB) and I'm very happy with it. Also my dog has so far bitten 3 of my chargers for it and they keep sending me more for free. After the 3rd one i am too ashamed to ask for another one so just use my phone charger for it.

It's a great laptop with great customer service.

I believe if you're not in the web dev general thread it's just meme-ing and trolling.

Gentoo is a meme

Nobody shits on GETAC you homosexual troll.

OP's a troll and so people are shitting on him.

my laptop battery is literally a bunch of 18650s taped to a thinkpad
why do you care what Sup Forums thinks?

Buy a HP Spectre x360 with that Bang Olufsen sound kk fire kk (kkk) fire

Who cares what the faggots here think? I enjoy my MacBook Pro even if mentioning Apple will instantly trigger half of this board.

>t. mactoddler

As a "mactoddler" I like business laptops and that looks awesome. What model is it?

lol you fell for the apple meme kek
muh cool muh friends muh public image

They're here already. Why do you care so much about what laptop I use?

that's pretty clever