I may sound like a pleb, but why is French cuisine so highly revered in the world...

I may sound like a pleb, but why is French cuisine so highly revered in the world? I can't remember the last time I've eaten a French dish, most of it seems to be pretentious haute cuisine that is very distant from the tastes of the common people. When I think of French cuisine only meme dishes like frogs, snails or foie gras come to my mind (those actually taste alright but I don't find them overwhelming)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hun_yj5u4S0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just watch one of those meme cooking shows, half of the terms they use are in french

>foie gras
>taste alright but I don't find them overwhelming
delete this

>snails
>foie gras
>taste alright but I don't find them overwhelming

delet now

I eat french dish almost everyday

Are there places that have French restaurants?
Here we have Italians restaurants, Greek ones, some German ones, even British ones (they are called garbage-cans here, and are used specifically for throwing trash in).
But I have never heard of a French restaurant.
For having such a big reputation for food, they sure can't fucking compete with anyone else.

French cuisine is shit. I choose a nice goulash or stuffed pepper over some disgusting shit they manage to cook up.

Central European cuisine is far more superior 2bh fampai.

Most of their main courses tend to be fairly so-so, couple I really like and tried cooking.
The pastry and deserts though are really exceptional

Shell food are tasty dude.
It's yummy, sweet, little spice with little salt.
And we use toothpick to eat it.

let's be honest though, French food is simply of better quality than everything else

Take cheap poor man's food for example. In Clapistan, they have burgers (disgusting). In Britbongistan, they have porridge (disgusting). In Funland, they have mämmi (disgusting). In pretty much every Asian country, they have rice and/or noodles (plain and boring). But in France, do you know what their version of "cheap poor man's food" is? Fucking onion soup, an eloquant and delicious dish which would probably pass as haute cuisine in almost every other country, but in France it's pleb food.

They just do food much better than everybody else.

It seems you skipped Italy in your detailed review, for some reasons.
>replying to a fucking leaf
my bad

Central European cuisine is quite good for simple stuff but it lacks further meals.

For example, if I were having an entree, then something like goulash would be quite good. The problem is that the main meal after the entree would be severely underwhelming if I had something from Central European cuisine.

Not to mention food just plainly tatses better there. French bread tastes better than bread here. Most ingredients you can get in any Latin country in Europe will be of higher quality than it's counterpart in Canada and USA at least.

Me and my bud once bought a cut of meat for a roast in London. We prepared it just like we would've prepared it in Canada for France (he's both)

It was simply unedible Meat was tough like rubber and tastless. We had to throw it out.

lol French men are sustained by plant bulbs--no wonder Muslims have such an easy time killing them.

Beefy burgers are the true anti-lorry-patrician's choice for building a lorry-proof frame.

Confirmed to have eaten aldi supermarket foie gras

Here we go. The Viet Cong arrived to defend eating rodents, molluscs and insects.

t.qubecois

Italy is specifically the reason I said "almost every other country", my friend

there's a French bakery here and the bread is the best I've ever tried, I have no idea what they do to it, but it's so soft and tasty.

t. Pierre Smith

>underwhelming

Because it doesn't have a separated slab of meat and doesn't comply to your retarded sense of presentation and decoration?

To be honest, my uncle say coconut rat taste very good (and they extinct).
We not eat snail that big, only small one, except for sea shell.
Insect only found eating in Indegenous people place.
But yeah their food taste good or just when their food come to Vietnam we make it taste good.
Pic related.

because you don't know shit, that's why

>For example, if I were having an entree, then something like goulash would be quite good. The problem is that the main meal after the entree would be severely underwhelming if I had something from Central European cuisine.

>szekelykaposzta

Please tell me the recipe to make that, now please.

lel, I love how the British butthurt is so inevitable in any gastronomy thread

Im a chef and I can answer that

Its because the French invented modern culinary.The french cuisine is the god father of of what we now call restaurants.They invented the ''repertoire'' which is like the dictionary of fine dining.

Its not because its the best cuisine in the world(I like italian better) but its the most respected.

Escargots and wullocs (sea snails) are delicious m8 fck all h8rs

why the fuck are you so mad? go and eat "meat and vegetable stew variation no. 28" and shut the fuck up.

>aligot

F U C K

too fucken good

google it u memer, it's called szekelykaposzta,
Hungarian Pork Sauerkraut Stew

>implying i won't

>and they extinct

my condolences

this

we aren't better than other latins countries but we where the first to make up the terms/definitions/noting down the recipes and creating restoration.

Of course I Googled it you memer--none of it is in English.

Give Recipe

italian food is the best in the world tbhh

>cabbage and meat
>cheese and meat
>bell pepper and meat
>snails

"National cuisines" are a meme. All food is just meat, diary and veggies. It's all the same shit, more or less.

You could never be American with that attitude

Multiple exemples

Haute cuisine taste good to be honest. It's food to be eaten as you go to opera. It's not supposed to be a Kebab that fill you out while being tasty. It's suppose to make you experience something you've never experienced before. That said, Haute cuisine is something from the past and current chef are taking a lot of inspiration from pleb food.

Also, French chef were (and still are) the most innovative. But some countries are coming closer and closer.

This.

France is restaurants
France is cuisine

What we have today for Chefs or eating out just doesn't exist without France, no one has had this much influence over cooking.

Also the food is pretty good.
flyover detected

My city has more restaurants from more countries on the Earth than the entirety of your tiny little sharia-controlled island.

ngon lắm

The only French restaurants in my city are bakeries and breakfast places. Bretty gud though.

>Central European cuisine
Polish and Czech are the worst cuisines I ever experienced

>Aligot
Oh boy
Oh boy

I'm hungry now

>cheese and meat
you missed the potatoes fampai

STAHP IT

I WILL NEVER EAT WELL ON THIS CONTINENT

So, I want to take my GF to this French restaurant. What should I order?

that's some fancy shit here

French cuisine is great. I love France

>tfw don't live in a fish-eating society

Reported :^)

>poissons
I have a bad feeling about that.
We have about 6.
Best one is called "La Violette", but it's invitation-only.

>a fatty sausage in a bucket full of cheese

Wouldn't order

No idea.

When I'm in Germany I have great food.
When I'm in Austria I get great food.
When I'm in Italy I get fantastic food.
Then I arrive in France and get shit I barely get down my throat.

It's not cheese but mashed potatoes.

The only good things that came from france are dinner sauces and cheeses.

They don't deserve their reputation for good food. Every country in the world except UK, Cuba, and Germany has better cuisine.

French culinary method is pretty based. I'm sure they have new and innovative foods in the cities. Their traditional cuisine is pretty fucking comfy. I don't get the hate.

How would you know?
Dutch never eat out, they're the only tourists to bring their own food.

Correction: Dutch people bring their own food when they go to France.

Dutch and French cooking methods are opposites of each other.

>French cook: throws in entire carrots and potatoes into the pan
>doesn't remove the bone from the lamb
>eats the liver and intestines

>Dutch cook: mash the carrots and potatoes togheter
>remove the bone
>throw the liver and intestines away because it's inedible

Any country that France touches makes amazing food though. So they're still awesome by association.

Yes, and you're the only tourists to do that.
I once saw a Dutch family in a gastronomic restaurant, they ordered fries and a latte.

>I once saw a Dutch family in a gastronomic restaurant, they ordered fries and a latte.

Food here is pretty good.

What's west Africa, Haiti, Guyana, Quebec like?

Good lord, I would've at least asked for a burger

Another one:

>in france meat is the main element of the dish
>meat with potatoes is a perfectly acceptable

>in the Netherlands vegetables for the main portion of the dish
>potatoes are not considered vegetables, so meat + potatoes is considered an incomplete meal

ah, just looked it up, apparently it's mashed potates + cheese... Sounds good, but I don't think I'd like it together with the sausage

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hun_yj5u4S0

>leaving your fucking jacket on at the table.
That does make me pretty hungry though.

>ITT a bunch of retards that go for the stereotypical restaurant that serve "haute cuisine" bullshit and not the ones that serve TRADITIONNAL and TYPICAL dishes by regions

P-pls respond

We love you too america come eat snails with us more

We love you too

Pershing was a stubborn general, he didnt want to listen to the orders of Foch who was the supreme allied commander at the end of the war, causing unnecessary deaths and slowed the offensive down.

>tfw like frogs but they are so bony
>tfw only like snails when they are murrica tier buttery

that must be a worldwide conspirac! bravo for finding about it.

I've never seen a place explicitly labelled as French, but lots of Fancy restaurants have French names. It's not like there's much explicitly -unique- to French cuisine that you can't find in other countries, the meme is that they do it well.

Quebec cuisine is pretty meh to be honest. Simple but tasty. Quiches are super good.

>Italian-styled pizza
>Working in the US

Mate...

>no one has had this much influence over cooking.

mexico has had a huge influence if you count all the ingredients that have come from there since colonial times and made an impact in the culinary world thereon forward

What? It's just a countryball comic

So Sup Forums what are some normal, non-holiday meals that your families would eat on a normal weekly rotation? What is the real cuisine of your country?

Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, peas, carrots
Steak, broccoli, corn, buttered bread
Spaghetti and meatballs, garlic bread
Fried pork chops, mashed potatoes, broccoli
Rotisserie chicken, potato salad, macaroni and cheese