What second-languages are commonly learned in school/high-school in your country?

What second-languages are commonly learned in school/high-school in your country?

english and spanish here

German and French

English and then we could choose either German or French. I picked German like most kids in my class.

French, spanish and latin, but that was my time at school, might be different nowadays.

english and spanish/german

French is """"learned"""""

40% valencian 30% english 20/30% spanish 10/0% french (optative)

French and Spanish

But the average brit dont give a fuck because english is superior. There are a lot of British ''expats'' and tourist in Spain and they refuse to learn dirty Spanish so they build their own communities there or tell the locals to speak english to them.

Its conqueror mentality basically

fug :D
except for english ofc.

>not Spanish

Which state if I may ask

In my higschool:
Obligatory: Spanish, catalan, english
Not obligatory: French or german
Not obligatory and for translations and orientated for mithology/ancient history: latin and/or greek

California surprisingly. At least in my school they didn't teach Spanish.

English and Swedish, you can choose other languages too depending on school such as German/French etc.

English, French, German, Italian also Ancient Greek and Latin.

english 75%
french, german and spanish 25%

English, German, French, Latin, Greek. Depends on which school you're attending.

English is mandatory

How many people chose German? What did you go with?

Supppsedly German is an unusual choice to make

Usually students here study either French or German for the first three years of secondary school. Some schools offer Spanish and Italian as well.

>Latin
>Greek
What meme languages.
Just choose French, it also pretty irrelevant, but it has lots of terms with Latin and Greek roots anyway, and at least it's a living language.

English or french. German and italian are less common.

German and English

English in the biggest part of the country, German in some schools, Hungarian and Italian in the municipalities where the two are official languages.

english as first, german/russian/french as second

Afrikaans, English and Zulu

Choice of Spanish or French.
Arizona

regional language is the first language, then spanish and english are obligatory as second languages

french is optative and other languages can be learnt in extra classes

English, Spanish, French, German

English and French/Arabic/Russian

test

English. But we also take a spanish subject to know all the lenguage features.

French everywhere.
German somewhere.
Spanish becoming more popular for some reason.
Latin and Greek for the intelligent and in few places.

Chinese

With so many Jose over there they don't need to teach Spanish

English, French and German

For me it was spanish and french

Some other schools would teach mandarin german and Italian

Spanish, German, French, and Japanese for the weeaboos.

There was Italian too but no one actually took it.

Spanish french and mandarin

American here, ignore flag

At my high school (Virginia) there were four languages available. There was a German class mostly full of autists and muh heritage Americans (as well as one actual German kid who grew up in America and wanted a better grasp of his language). The French class was full of niggers and dweeby kids who wanted to be romantic. The Spanish class was full of literal Mexicans already completely fluent in the language who wanted an easy class and white kids that wanted it for employability.

And then there was the Japanese class. Held in the basement of the school, and the biggest hive of scum and villainy one could imagine. A sea of dyed hair, daddy issues, homosexuals, obesity, crippling lack of social skills, anime, and any other sort of irl cringe material you could want.

I would say obviously Spanish is the most popular, but Germans on here would probably actually be surprised how many Americans know and speak elementary German.

english,french and spanish

French and sometimes Spanish.

english, chinese and french

Well, naturally, everyone has mandatory English, then you can choose one of German, Spanish and French in most areas, and in some areas, mostly larger cities, you can also choose Latin, Mandarin, Italian and even Samii-moonspeak.

English, German, French

As "second language" english or french or spanish or german (it depends on the high school, usually english is picked; I'd say almost everyone picks english)
As "historical languages", latin (obligatory) plus ancient greek if you attend a "classic gymnasium"
If you want to get rid of latin you have to choose a high school that's not a gymnasium, usually those are not considered "good enough" if you want to go to university (but it may be a meme)
There are some minor variants of the non-classical gymnasium where you can exchange latin with programming or something I've heard recently
Anyway I believe that everyone should learn latin in high school
When I was younger I did not understand why, now it's clear

English is obligatory in all schools and some schools teach French or Italian as well.

English
then
French or German
Some schools might got spanish and italian

Ancient Greek too and Latin , more detailed though in humanitarian classes in lyceum(our high school)

>lyceum
that should be our liceo (or "classical gymnasium")
only that our last 5 years, from 14 to 19
usually the first two years are considered the "gymnasium" for the remaining three years of "liceo", anyway it's the same school

Texas here. We had the option of German and Spanish.

I would have gone with German, but my schedule didn't allow it so I had to suffer through Spanish classes.

Spanish. I wish I never fell for the language meme. I can only use english here and post on english threads.

Demoticon is our public school
6 years ( 6-12year old)
(note the demos from democracy=people,public = the people)

Gymnasium
3 years (12-15)

Lyceum
3 years (15-18)

English / German first
the other one or Spanish / Italian / French (Russian / Chinese in certain schools)