Fuck linux

fuck linux
fuck c
fuck c++
fuck makefiles
fuck autoconf

FUCK cmake

FUCK. ALL. THIS. GARBAGE. LINUX. BULLSHIT. SOFTWARE. IT'S. ALL. SHIT.

Other urls found in this thread:

appimage.org
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

and fuck white people and fuck donald drumpf!!!!

Please do tell us of a better alternative.

> ur just dumb cuz you dont want to spend 5 hours chasing after compiler errors after a gcc default flag switched from warning to error

well, if i could have it my way, all programs would just have you add something to your sources.list and then you can just use aptitude or apt-get or what ever the fuck you use.

linux was cool in like 1998 - 2003

if u want to use unix on the desktop just get a fuckin mac, and if you need to do some server side shit just write it in java and don't care about the os

oh cool, I just installed fedora
hm lets install KDE, I like that one better

w-w-wait, now vmware is broken
the resolution and copy paste doesnt work anymore

EVERY. FUCKING TIME SOMETHING BREAKS

HOLY SHIT.
HOYL
FUCKING
SHIT.

I CAN NEVER JUST USE LINUX AND HAVE IT WORK

/thread

Why can't Linux fags just make an .exe equivalent that would work across all the fucking distros?
are they that inept?

How many threads are you going to make about this?

Well try not being retarded.

>> 62218124

mate it goes much deeper.

linux retards actually invented an entire OS in an OS (=docker) just because linux is so fucking shit, nobody wants to touch app development / deployment with a 10 foot stick anymore because it's all so broken and mixed up

fuck templeos
fuck holyc
fuck adam task
fuck graphics in source code
fuck godword

FUCK 640x480

FUCK. ALL. THIS. GARBAGE. TEMPLEOS. BULLSHIT. SOFTWARE. IT'S. ALL. SHIT.

There is.
It's called gnu make.

Someone didn't install Gentoo

CMake is great, fuck you fucking faggot

It can be done, it's just a stupid idea. It would create enormous executables, needlessly duplicate code and require every program to be updated for every tiny upstream change in one of it's dependencies.

because its open source and decentralized. its better than windows spying on you 24/7

ELF already does this, but unlike Windows, Linux can run on architectures that are not x86, which would break compatability

this

Windows is written in C++ also you raging nigger

Makefiles & autoconf I'll give you, but CMake is fine, it's not perfect for sure, but it's inoffensive.

The rest is just bait.

That's the goal of the App Image project: appimage.org

If anyone's played with docker, it can also be used in a similar way to just get something running without having to worrying about specific distro/environment/dependencies.

"oh hey, lets invent an entire new shitty limited custom scripting / meta language that everybody has to learn"

every goddamn cunt has that idea, FUCK you. it's shit, it has like 500 unique commands.

WHAT. THE FUCK.

I DO NOT NEED NOR WANT TO LEARN ANYTHING ABOUT YOUR 500 UNIQUE COMMANDS.

HOLY. FUCK. Why cant it just have the same syntax as gcc on the commandline? NOOOO. NO. NO. That would be too easy.
NO.

another windows fag who tried to be special, jumped to GNU without reading a shit and now is mad cuz his 2 neurons arent enought.

Also as
Pointed out, this only applies across the same architecture (x86 or ARM or something else). Transitioning between architectures doesn't have a clean solution, you either you some kind of abortion of a compatibility layer or you use a virtual machine approach like Java/C#, neither is ideal.

It's okay buddy, it's only intro to programming. It gets easier

If you want to use gcc directly you are free to write a shell script with GCC commands in it. I actually do this for some really small projects where I don't see the utility in breaking out CMake.

I'm personally NEVER using cmake nor would I ever use it.
But everybody else does.

There is no demand.
>I demand it
Nobody who matters cares what you want.

wtf I hate software now.

Step 1 in making gnu+linux as big a pile of shit as windows.

> fuck linux
You fuck off.
> fuck c
> fuck c++
You're not programming, so what does it matter to you what languages programs run in?
> fuck makefiles
> fuck autoconf
In a way, yes. Most never got these. Which is why Cmake and Mk and Scons and so many others get used.

OTOH nothing actually reaches Scala's glorious SBT. Which admittedly isn't for C/C++, but it really should inspire every other build system by how amazing it is.

You know like 3 years ago before I started working in production I would have called you a cuck.

But yeah, uptime > leet haxxor linux skillz

> or you use a virtual machine approach like Java/C#, neither is ideal
Nah, turns out VMs are virtually ideal. They made it possible for Android to support a zoo of devices with different hardware as long as software is written in Java, and generally are very production ready.

Just need to get C and C++ and so on to LLVM or other virtual machines and be done with it Where they already did such things, it generally works fine, too.

Fuck Python!

yeah dude you tell em ree

Yeah, fuck c++
I used to love this language, but fuck this oop, fuck this metaprogramming, fuck all this stupid shit, torvalds was right, I am switching to C.
Rust also sucks btw.

Nice thread, Rustard.

Why don't you build your own Linux, with hookers and blackjack?

Use a real certified Unix system like macOS. Linux is a glorified Compsci student hobby that people adopted because of commie license.

i dont think that's the correct use of that image dude

Happy now?

Each project should say which version of GCC it compiles on. And cmake should make it easier to use a different version of GCC.

>mimimimmimi im to stupid for all of it
>i am so mad at things being so complicated
>why are things so complicated
>its stupid
>fucking bullshit
>i need feminism
>MOMMY WHERE ARE MY TENDIES!!!!111111