Firefox addons stop working, images won't even load in their own tab for some reason

>firefox addons stop working, images won't even load in their own tab for some reason
>try palemoon, youtube doesn't load properly
>try vivaldi, tab scroll is broken
>look into Brave, it's based on Chromium as well and has no benefit over any of the other browsers
WHAT IS LEFT? SEAMONKEY?

Other urls found in this thread:

askubuntu.com/questions/894871/how-to-install-firefox-52-esr-on-16-04
twitter.com/AnonBabble

waterfox, goyim

edge

>youtube doesn't load properly
>tech illiterates voicing their opinion again

cringe

oh ok are you going to tell me how to fix it or just stay smug in your mothers basement? Because videos play, it's the layout that's fucked.

You aren't by chance using AVG 2017 or an Anti Anti-Adblock script are you? Those pieces of shit caused a few of the issues you mentioned for me before.

Does it use webextensions?
Anti-adblock, going to try disabling it now.

There's nothing to fix. PM always worked just fine with YT. Sup Forums is not your personal tech support.

Yeah. The original Anti Anti-Adblock was abandoned but some other guy picked it up and relaunched it under a slightly different name.

It always caused me trouble, particularly in firefox. Images wouldn't open in new tabs as a specific example. Disabling it fixed that.

Wow it fixed it. Is there any alternative you're using for that now?

why use another program when you can have internet browser, p2p filesharing, torrent manager, irc chat and media player in a single program

Unfortunately I haven't found one yet and I'm not savvy enough to fix that guy's scripts. Short of adding each image you try to open to a white list I'm not sure. Sorry man.

hmm.. what could go wrong?

Lynx.

Oh, also. Are you using regular Firefox or Firefox ESR? A lot of the addons that broke with one of the recent Firefox updates in the past few months will work if you use Firefox ESR (Extended Support Release.)

You'll be golden until at least 2019 I think?

Thanks user, I had no idea this flaming piece of shit could cause so much trouble. Back to firefox for now I guess.

you could try luakit or qutebrowser

June 2018

Are there any repos for ESR so I don't have to manually update it on Ubuntu?

Fuck. Gonna go make pop-tarts in the bathtub now I guess.

nothing. you can download cp directly from fbi computers using it. it's the ultimate program

I'm a filthy Windows peasant so I have no clue. Maybe this is what you're looking for?

askubuntu.com/questions/894871/how-to-install-firefox-52-esr-on-16-04

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Stop being a fucking asshole

>Does it use webextensions?
both webextensions and, unlike firefox, it's going to continue supporting classic add-ons
it's like Firefox without Moshilla's bullshit

Crying out in pain while striking others is not a legitimate way to ask for help.

>WHAT IS LEFT
qutebrowser

install all addons on firefox. archive profile folder
freeze firefox & addons

PROFIT

fuck off nigger. that crapware is 64bit. how the fuck can i make a portable waterfox on usb that works on 32bit machines? should i keep a copy of 64bit os on virtualbox too?

> how the fuck can i make a portable waterfox on usb that works on 32bit machines?

I dunno. But Midori is available as 32-bit and is default browser in Slitaz and Bodhi Linux.

>images won't even load in their own tab for some reason
Try disabling greasemonkey/tampermonkey or similar and "save file to" if you have it.