Usage for old android phones

I have multiple android phones collecting dust in my shelf, all running android versions between 2.3 to 4.1

What do I even use them for? I can't even sell them, nobody even takes them for free because they say they're junk (SOMEHOW not even gypsies take them for free)

I already have a phone serving as a hotspot only, another phone being used as an PMP and backup phone and my main phone

Do I just bin them in a recycling center? What the fuck do I do with them?

IP camera

paperweight

Set them up as a dash-cam in your automobile.

Can't think of any device in the 2.3 - 4.1 realm I would care to fuck with. Throw them out if you're not using them or find people who will if they're unlocked.

I use them for jack-o-lanterns or other dumb crafts projects.

What software could I use?

I know that I could slam it into a closed enclosure with solar panel module and an IR illumination ring and power the device via an USB power adapter but not how I could actually get it to function as an IP camera and get it to connect to zoneminder

Same question, wot software

>What software could I use?
I think it's literally called "IP camera" in the play store and the dev is a Russian sounding guy. It worked well for me.

that's pretty neat

sucks that android phones are locked and use proprietary bootloaders and drivers so its not possible to run a real linux distro on them.

lmao at lagdroid devices, obsolete in 1 year

even my ancient iPhone 4S received updates from release until 2016, that's 5 years.

Some devices can have their bootloaders unlocked, AKA nexus and sony devices
Some Xperias had SailfishOS and FirefoxOS ported to them, some even had Arch ported to them and Nexus 7 got official desktop Ubuntu support, but only till 13.10 when Ubuntu touch became a thing and that got canned

What? I can install Gentoo on my chinkphone any time I feel like it

t. 1.33 minutes of battery life

lol that's fucking adorable

that's cool

i had old gio

install aosp rom or cm rom
no google apps shit
very usable
but slow on modern shit website

And it got slow as hell, 4s are barely usable.

I have 3 Android devices laying around too

Maybe as an MP3 player or something? Can you somehow use the processing power for something else?

I just realized you could also use one as a Kodi remote

No Wifi, No software support.

sell them to parents with children who are okay with giving their kids disposable shitty phones instead of lending them their expensive new phones

i have 2.1 and used it as 2.3.

use them for hacking experiments

If you can't sell them, please recycle them properly so that they don't pollute your side of the world.

can you recommend a hostap and a httpd for eclair?

Good goy.

>good goy

What's wrong with properly recycling old electronics?

The problem is the consumerism.

Http servers have a very small foorprint...

The worse problem is the fact that you can't update Android on older devices like you could on desktop PCs.

>Li cell gets punctured in a trash compactor
>neighbours old newspaper and grease catch on fire
>giant trash fire at landfill

Stupid faggots like you use the jew scapegoat for EVERYTHING.

>pure
>mesopotamian
>pottery

torrents/file server

My sister's Iphone 4 got it's wifi and reception broken like 3-4 years ago by an official Apple update and when she asked them to fix it they told her to fuck off.

Torrentbox or back up phone

Every Android version has the Camera API.

It takes 30 minutes to make a "IP camera" type application

I made two versions, one which saved the pictures locally and where my computer requested them using MTP and one which the application POSTed them over WiFi to my computer

attach two of them to a headband and make a vr helmet.

>Webcam
>ibstqll Linux and use it as a small server for Nextcloud or whatever
>slow but cheap distributed computing devices

I know, give them back Jamal

Yep. Manythings does this well.