What's FOSS alternative for Discord which also works on Windows XP?

What's FOSS alternative for Discord which also works on Windows XP?

irc

>What's FOSS alternative for Discord which also works on Windows XP?
Telegram

it's kinda foss

Yes, but it has proprietary servers and registration with phone number.
Not the best solution.
text only

You're worried about proprietary software, but running XP?

I'm asking for a friend

Your friend is worried about proprietary software, but runs XP?

My friend isn't worried, it's me who's worried. Still, he's not going to stop on using XP.

Why do you care if you friends run proprietary software?

I know this is Sup Forums, but if your friend doesn't give a shit, don't go full Stallman on him. If he's using Discord, it's probably because the people he wants to talk with are on Discord, and a chat client used by only you and RMS won't help with that.

He used to use Skype, but now it's shit for him.
He doesn't use anything, not even Discord.

Just call him on the phone lol

Too expensive.

Or at least find something that works BETTER than Discord before recommending something that isn't Discord. (I have no idea if anything FOSS meets that criteria.)

Getting your friend off XP is more important, but he's definitely not gonna take your advice on operating systems if your advice on chat clients is "install gentoo."

Riot + Matrix

Riot is for Win7 and higher.

Mumble or IRC, those are the only two I would recommend until Riot because the standard.

>Caring that Discord isn't free software
>Running windows
Pic related

Expalin to him he is retarded for wanting to use free and open communication on a closed platform, without support, and riddled with face-melting malware.

At least get him lubuntu or something.

Ring > Riot

They serve different purposes. Ring is basically a Skype clone. Riot is much more like Discord or Slack.

your friend is retarded but since he doesn't use anything you could use any of these
>irc
>xmpp (use this one)
>matrix