Is Linux really better? I'm always in search of better alternatives and I want to know what the real deal is...

Is Linux really better? I'm always in search of better alternatives and I want to know what the real deal is. Redpill me on Operating systems Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.zorinaq.com/i-contribute-to-the-windows-kernel-we-are-slower-than-other-oper/
gnu.org/distros/common-distros.en.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theo_de_Raadt#Free_driver_advocacy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Is Linux really better?
No.

Nope, it's just a meme. Only people without jobs use Linux.

No, OpenBSD is much better than Linux.

Yes, Linux is better because as you've rightfully pointed out it's mascot is a penguin. Since penguins are the greatest thing on Earth, Windows and Mac can't possibly compete.

Give up. We're just going to keep calling it GNU/Linux until you stop being a faggot.

No, MINIX3 has the best mascot by far.

This desu senpai. Us working folk don't have time to hack linux to barely be able to run win32 software through whine.

this is a test of the Sup Forums get testing system. This is only a test. If this had been a actual get you would have been instructed to checkem.

t. theo

The best operating system is your mind

Really makes you think.

linux is for betacuck freetard commies and pedos

>Is Linux really better?
If you're running servers, absofuckinlutely.
If you're doing anything else, nah. Macos is still king there.

>redpill me
ok I already want to ignore you.

But the biggest reason why you would want to use linux is because you have access to its source code. This has important implications.
1) You have full control over what runs on your computer.
2) You can extend functionality of your operating system easily.
3) Your system's security is peer reviewed by thousands of eyes all over the world.
4) There is no entity who has full control of the project. This implies that any work you invest into this community is there to stay.
5) It is free as in money and as in freedom

I suppose linux is geared more towards developers than consumers so the enjoyment you get out of it also is dependent on how much effort you put into it.

>you have access to its source code.
What if I don't know how to program? What can I do with that apart from trying to decipher random gibberish?

>working folk
>windows
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

WINFAG VIDEO GAYMING TODDLERS WORKING?!

*inhales*

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

nothing. It's not for consumerist tech illiterates and vidya gaymers. It's for people who want a proper *nix development environment with all the tools that they can expect to function a certain way, rather than a system that caters to your grandma and your autistic friend who's obsessed with video games.

>people with jobs use linux
topkek

anime website

>topkek
cancer

BUT YOU SEE THIS MOTHER FUCKER

YOU SEE THIS MOTHER FUCKING FAG MOTHER FUCKER

WHAT IS THIS FAGGOT USING MY GOD THAT LOOKS LIKE OBONTO MY GOD IT IS OBONTO MY NIGGER IS USING LOONIGA TO WORK NOT WINBLOWGA SHEEEEIIIIIT

GOOGLE WINS LONIX WINS WHITE PEOPLE WIN TRUMP WINS AGAIN

WINBLOGA BTFO!!!!!

>windows niggers have jobs

nonfree kernel

There are blobs in Linux, but there aren't any in OpenBSD.

>winbloga
For some reason that made up word makes me picture this happy fella.

>Redpill me on Operating systems Sup Forums
Ask and you shall receive: blog.zorinaq.com/i-contribute-to-the-windows-kernel-we-are-slower-than-other-oper/

yeah it is

no, linux has libre-linux kernel without blobs

and btw, OpenBSD is nonfree: gnu.org/distros/common-distros.en.html

OpenBSD is free.

People get confused (which isn't helped by people like the FSF being deliberately disingenuous) because there is binary firmware for devices, which is uploaded to the device and executed on the device itself (not by the kernel). If you have hardware that doesn't require those, then the binary firmware is already present on ROM on the device so it makes zero difference.

DeRaadt is against non-free drivers, Linux isn't. You don't need to remove blobs from OpenBSD. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theo_de_Raadt#Free_driver_advocacy

If there are no proprietary drivers for O-BSD then that's simply because O-BSD has no drivers in general.

Everything works just fine on my x220 and t420; the only systems you could ever need.

*the only system O-BSD runs on.