K.u.k.oldry

How do Czechs and Slovenes feel about their historical relationship with Austria?

It is to my understanding that their languages, while Slavic, are significantly influenced by German.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_ethnicity
youtube.com/watch?v=t0I4mTEdAf8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>significantly influenced by German
Only dialects 2bh.

>significantly
No

you say "ja" instead of da
yes, maybe we ended up better than slovenes and czechs

Its not significant if slovaks and czechs understand each other

That's colloquial, though. Literary Slovene used da. Dialects have more German influence. From what I read, it supposedly influenced word order in my dialect as well. We have a lot of German loan words, too.

uses*
It's true that literary Slovene is only used on television, public speeches etc. I've never said da outside of reading in school and there are many other things that I would never use if it wasn't for school.

There's a shitton of Czech words of German origin.
How do we feel? Nobody really gives a fuck tbqh

They were influenced culturally and far less linguistically. Both countries have much more central European vibe compared to their Slavic ex-countrymen.

t. Alberto "salesman" Barbosa

You say da instead of tak
you've been cuckolded by mongols

WHY WON'T THE WORLD RECOGNIZE THAT WE ARE NOT NOR EVER WERE IN THE BALKANS REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Tako (so) and da (yes) are two different words, you nincompoop.

All Slavic languages probably have tako (je) alongside da as an affirmative particle. It's just that tako (je) means 'it is so' rather than simply yes.

Not really. Maybe a bit, but our languages remain slavic for the most part.

We use neither da or tak

You are not so different than Croats or they aren't Balkans also?

Also, who gives a fuck. People here get so butthurt over some meme trolling.

Croats use many Turkish words in slang and dialect, their music is influenced by Greek and Turkish music, they use vulgar Hungarian-Turkish-inspired swearwords, and their surnames are also quite different. The language distance between us is about similar to that between you and Spaniards. So yes, Croats are different, even though they assimilated some Slovenian speakers during the Turkish inroads and now include many Slovenian words into their variety of Serbocroatian.

Yes, you say ano. We also have the particle no, but it means well instead as in, 'no, ja' (well, yes). Croats use no as a conjunction (and).

we both do use "tak" as positive answer sometimes.

How is ano similiar to da or tak

Very rarely and its incorrect

tak tak :^)

Yes, I understood that, but I'm trying to get it across that the same parts of speech exist in the South Slavic varieties but that they are used to different ends.

Also, the Slovenian word for 'and' is not 'i' like in all the other Slavic language, but 'in'. While this is not a direct borrowing from German (it comes from i + no), it's probably a result of exposure to 'und'.

trying so hard ...

>Chceš piť?
>Tak

It's the only way they can pretend to be an actual people

We use a for and

t. ethnic American

The perceived national character is also different. Croats are boastful and self-confident, and Slovenes are shy and unassertive. We're very much like the Portuguese and Spaniards (even though you both have Arabic loanwords but Slovenes have no Turkish loanwords, unlike Croats).

As if anyone would ever ask you question like that silly cikan.

>t'
>not using ć
lmoa

Yeah it's another way of saying ethnic English

Nah, Slovenes are cool and the country is super cute; it's just the shitposters here that are just appalling. But fuck it, the same could be said for any flag here.

Nice meme. It's č.

Don't you mean Spanish?

Please stop with this ethnic stereotypes bullshit. You sound retarded and it gives an impression you never left your village.

ć = hard ci
cz = č

We also wouldn't answer 'Hočeš it pit?' with 'tako je'. Tako je is used more for confirming facts than for making plans.

No not at all

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_ethnicity

Related ethnic groups
Anglo-Americans; English Americans; European Americans; Confederados

č, ā, ņ, ķ, ļ, ē, ī, š, ģ, ž

zażółć gęślą jaźń

>used the word "Turk" while talking about Croats only four times
You're improving, Janez.

Č, š and ž make sense but you will have to explain the rest.

>there are people who actually call themselves ethnic Americans
wew

Who cares?
In the end we are all Ancient hunter gathers who got cucked by Neolithic farmers and Indo Europeans.

Yeah we have more history and culture than you "Slovenes"

>we have more history and culture

Who you callin cigan fucking pepik

Indeed your people and country have only existed since 1991

(You)
Post proof u r not.

I wasn't even being biased. Tanjur, krevet, podrum, mamurnost? Everyday Croatian words.

What makes you think that Slovenian culture is not distinct? A desire to troll?

The fact that there is no proof that it is. The fact that you think you aren't just Austrians that have been brainwashed by evil serbs

I can speak London

oh.. tak tak.

Damn the brainwashing is strong in you. Generations of Serbs beating you have made you this way

>ī, ē and ā

Its basically a longer version of i, so imgine instead of writing "REEEE" i just type "RĪ" and its the same, it most of the time isnt as long as you would say it in "REEEE" though. Pretty much the same goes for ē adn ā (but its a different sound obviously).

>ņ, ķ, ļ adn ģ

All are the so called "soft" letters, I cant really explain those, it would be way too long and I dont even know the proper terms for this shit in english. You would have to read up on them.

You don't know anything about our ethnic customs and here you are spouting bullshit. I don't know why Sup Forums worships big countries so much and completely ignores small ones and more so for stateless ethnicities.

why not í,é,á instead of those awkward horizontal dashes?

Stop drinking the Serb-aid friend

like we say:

we were here before austria, we will be here after austria

yes, cause nations just jump into exisistance

Here's another (you) for the effort.

Ne naprezaj se z odgovarjanjem slabi vabi.

Becuase they're superior, staying true to our Indo-European roots and stuff.

The commies seem to have been masters of making up countries they did it all over the place in Eastern Europe

P. Sure germanic tribes came before slavs

The fact that you seem to associate us with Serbs shows your stereotypical western preconceptions about us. We have actually recently unveiled statues of Vuk Karađić and Petar Petrović Njegoš in Ljubljana as well as restored two Orthodox churches for the descendants of the uskoks in Bela Krajina, and that's because we do not feel threatened by Serbian culture, since we do not have much in common with it.

Slovenians can be traced into 6AD to Moravian tribe. Commies wanted everyone to be Russian. They were against small countries.

>6 ad

Do you mean the 600's ad

Slovenes are related only to the ancient tribe of Metelkovans, who came to the area in the late migration age from their homeland around modern-day Berlin. They were known for worshipping fire (especially in the form of improvised cigarettes), for the copious consumption of beer (like many other ancient cultures), and for their tribal democracy, which Thomas Jefferson later applied to the Paris Commune. I'm going to the site of their ancient gord, still called Metelkova, right now so I can properly honour my ancestors. GEGEN NAZIS, my friend, as the old Metelkovans used to salute one another!

Yes

Burger please, now you sound retarded. Slovenes, Croats and the rest of what you call Eastern Europe and Balkans were there before communism and are there after.
Also, there was kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes before 91 so do some reading before trolling.

>6AD
Wew.

You really couldn't tell that I was trolling even after the Slovene called me out on it

Well it's hard to tell with Burgers cause most of you don't know shit about geography or history of Europe. Than again the same is true for most people here. Fuck me, I guess I had a glass or two too much.

He meant to write in the 6th century AD, which is correct.

It's really easy to get a troll thread started as an American because of that reason. You all have your heads so far up your asses you can't tell when you are being mocked or trolled

Slovenian language was born in XIX.

it's as fake as ukrainian.

And americans do? I dont think so.

True. But it's not our fault your general education is subpar.

t. Piotr the linguist

Polish was only invented after the invention of the radio since people weren't familiar with the sound of static before that.

It's not really. Most people here don't really care about non American things so they don't really pay attention in history class

Now, that's even worse bait than the American put forth. Anyone who's visited a /slav/ thread has likely seen us posting Trubar's protestant sermon from the 16th century.

They didn't have Slovene identity, though. Slovene just means "Slav" anyway. You're a new nation like Macedonians, Montenegrins and Ukrainians.

>16th century

>Hrvaška je poznala nacionalizem že pred 19. stoletjem
Težko ti verjamem, komšije.

that damage control.

ukraine-tier delusions

ouch

It kinda is dude. The gap between good and average universities is massive in USA. Your top universities are of course top of the top. On the other hand, your average college standards are just poor.

>They didn't have Slovene identity, though.

Trubar's first work addressed us with 'Moji lubi Slovenci!', and Sloven and Slovenec aren't even the same word anyway, even though we borrowed the Czech word Slovan in the early 1800s to underscore the difference.

You mean the community colleges that let niggers in with a d average so they can possibly get jobs and not be gangbangers or drug dealers

Nobody had identity before french revolution

t. Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz
The quads seemed to have disagreed with you.

Did it work or did it lead to higher educated criminals?

Trubar is the father of our nation for a reason, m8: he wrote for an intended audience of Slovenes, not for Alpine Slavs like the clergy of Freising.

Nobility had.

I cannot recall any "Slovenian" nobility though kek
t. simple version of Polish-Czech rape.

So how did they keep this non-identity till independence in 91? It's amazing how ridiculous exYugos are when it comes to history.

It kinda works.

Better said, people had nationality, they just werent aware of it

>Šmirkás

>youtube.com/watch?v=t0I4mTEdAf8
CZSCZSZCSZCSZCZSCZSCZSCZSCZ

You have the same sounds you stupid fuck.

That's like russian trying to get back at us with his "pshekpshek" bullshit while at the same time he has literally the same sounds and even worse hissing and lipsing.