Coins

Post in this thread and I'll show you a coin or bill of your country from my collection.

Also, coin talk thread.

yaya i can see old finnish i believe 10 penny coin

I can take care of those coins if u want

And I forgot to tell that the pic was unrelated. Still we have pretty much the same coins.
I also have those.

If you come by, I can offer you some Swiss coins I found for cheap

From Chile would be easy, so have a bump instead

Thanks. But still, it seems it wasn't the right time to make one of these threads.

Nice. Do you have any other coins?

I like our 50kc coin

Reposting it, I liked the previous thread.
Right one is 5F from 1858

Sure, give me a minute.
Are you looking for something in particular?

It's a lovely coin, and it's the only one I'm missing from the curren set. I even have a 50 and 100 kc bill.

Not looking for anything in particular. What about the ones you like the most?

Hallowed be thy name
Praise Lord KEK

Czechoslovakia, CSFR and Chezia.

I love a lot of them. It's hard to pick some favorites, but I'll try to get a pick.

Forgot my pic

You like the Swedish coins? I'm personally not a big fan of them.

Where do you get your hands on different coins? Ebay? Travel?

The silver ones are pretty simple and don't like how tiny the 10k is for its actual value.
Most coins I bought them in local flea markets and stuff like that. Also a few travels or gifts from friends and relatives.

Also, how do you feel about the new Swedish coins?

The silver one in your picture is no longer legal tender, in fact any coin with "öre" on them are completely out of circulation since 2010.

The new coins aren't in circulation yet, so I haven't had an opportunity to look at them in real life, but from the pictures I'm fairly disappointed. I get why they want to get rid of the nickel coins and that's why there are no silvery ones, but I'm still disappointed about it. I think the 2 crown is pretty weird, not sure what the whirlwind thing is supposed to be. The layout for the 1 and 5 though is, although not remarkable, not too bad.

I agree the 10-coin is pretty small for its actual value (though it's fairly thick). I don't know why they didn't choose to update that one. It's pretty messy looking in opinion.

Hey I remember you

you're a great poster

you have any kunas?

Yeah, I don't know what's up with the waves and the swirl. At least they're making the 5k smaller.
How would you improve the 10k coin? Making it bigger, bimetalic or something?

Here are some of my favorite coins, each of those for diferent reasons: From Euskadi, Lituania, Latvia, Japan, France, Syria, a silver chilean, URSS and the lovely 500 lira.
Also, a frog coin for your colombian friend.

I really appreciate it. Everything to make this board a little better.

Yeah, it's being a long time since the last time I make this kind of thread.

well there is still 1,2 and 5 krone

thanks for posting, nice thread :)

I have 3 collections going on right now: 2 euro commemorative coins, WWII coinage and spanish coinage 1931-2001

Wonderful to see another coin collector on here

show me tha money!

Do you have any drachmas

No Kunas today, only Lipas.

I still don't know why you guys continue to be on the Euro.

Forgot pic again

ty vm senpai have a great day/evening

Give me something

And I have like 5 dollars on pennies, dimes and quarters.

Got a few coins from AH empire... one from inter ww period balkan empire.
Loads of Yugoslav coins and paper money.
... and pretty much all pre euro coins of eu countries.

Thanks to you guys.

It's hard to post this kind of stuff on Sup Forums. There's no place for general hobbies, but Sup Forums seems like the right place.
And I know there are other coin collectors lurking on Sup Forums, but it's not easy to put them all in one place.
Do you have any pics of your collection?

hello there
By the way, this is the silver one

What a coincidence

> a COINcidence

I sort of feel like buying old coins online is cheating, but what other option do I have

C-can i have s-some money, please?

The Finnish user beat me, but here

Post ours. The world needs to know of our superior gold>silver>copper system

Coin shops
Where do you live?

London, I haven't really heard of any coin shops here

Balkan empire?
And how about euros, do you collect them?

Ask some friends or relatives. And look for flea markets during weekends

Hey there.
The 5 mark? Yeah, it looks like silver.

Meant the Shekel Portrait one, this is the silver version

Here's some coins I have from Portugal, Kyrgyztan and Luxembourg.

Google is your friend
I just so happen to live next to a town that has a coin shop that also has a big online presence, but their prices are usually a bit more expensive than another company I use, but it means I can have it same day

How about some paper money?

Actually, I don't have a lot from Denmark. Those coins and a 5k I have somewhere

I've decided that I'll buy a random date Sovereign every birthday (finances permitting)

There was a silver version? And it was released into circulation?

Great stuff. But how did you get the Kyrgyzstan coins? That shit is rare as fuck.

I remember you, you have some old as hell NZ dollar note if I recall correctly. Good thread good man.

I have some random coins but they are all at my mum's house. Mostly old NZ ones and a shitload of Aussie commemorative ones, but there's the odd interesting one there. Wish I could post them.

my bad actually it's not silver

I got those from my father who went to Kyrgyztan.

Nice investment.
The closest thing to a sovereign I have is this special edition where he jumps over the dragon.

Thanks.
When you're at your mother, try to take a pic of them. This probably won't be the last thread I'll make.

You're right. But still it's a nice coin.

Now that's an odd trip. Take care of them.

What's the most expensive coin and note you have and how much is it worth?

Like dis??

The most expensive note I have is probably an old chilean 20000 pesos bill. Its still worth its facial value, 30 us dollars. But foregin one I'll have to check.
The most expensive coin would be a silver 5 dollars canadian coin from the 76' olympics, probably worth 20 usd, but I found it for like 8 dollars.

I like this thread! I made a note collection thread over on /trv/ a few weeks ago, it was archived recently and should still be in the archive if you want to check it out.

Do you have any Norwegian kroner? Do you collect currency from places you travel and/or do you buy them in stores/online?

Of course I have some.
I'll check the /trv/ thread right away.
I got some from my travels, but most of them I got from local markets or swaps with other collectors.

Post rare Canadian coins

Sweet mang! Your two middle coins, the 2 öre, went out of circulation decades ago, they're rare even here.

I found my /trv/ thread, it's here: >>/trv/1129338

post your shekels

PS I'm a noob. I don't know how to cross link between boards, I just pretended I did :DDDD

Search for "foreign currency" in the archive, it'll show right up.

I have some conmemoratives and that silver $5 I posted about before.
And also tons of regular dimes, nickels and quarters

Pretty nice thread! I'm loving all those notes people posted there.
Also, I saw you contacted a guy from Israel, how did it go?

Since I made the thread I actually managed to complete my collection. Me and the Israeli guy talked a bit via mail, and he's gonna send me a 20 shekel note. Meanwhile me and the family travelled to Denmark, so I took home a note from there, I bought a 5 Transnistrian ruble from eBay, while my sister's British bf is sending me £££! That's basically all I'm interested in so far, notes from places I haven't been doesn't really interest me at all. I'm still pretty impressed by your collection though!

Easy tô get colombian pesos with all those thieves in Valparaíso

Something from here?

Hey, that's nice to know. I was about to sent you some banknotes from here, but I understand your collection's spirit, so keep up the good work.

It's not easy to get coins from central america over here. And even when the 1 quetzal note cost a few dollar cents, here it's always sold for 1,5$
Anyway, here are my Guatemalan coins.

Thanks bro, you too! My notes are more of a memorabilia, to remind me of places I've been, instead of a collectable. It's the kind of souvenir you can always take home. For example, I wouldn't even be interested in Estonian kroon or Latvian lats, because those countries switched to Euros by the time I got there. In turn, this makes my Lithuanian litai even more special. But I appreciate the thought!

What made you start collecting money in the first place? Have you ever calculate how much your collection is actually worth?

this is worth half a dollar, or 2 zlotys

I have a cup-full of those, plus a bunch of small coins from all around central Europe.

These are the only non-repeated ones I have that seemed more special. The first three are commemorative, the last two are from monarchy times. The note and the 1966 are from the dictatorship times, and the long square ones are my nail-clipper.

I wonder how I could clean these?

I was about to say that, those Litai are much more valuable now.

I started collecting when I was little, a relative of mine went to France and Italy and gave me some Francs and Liras. I was amazed by those little coins so I started from there.
I haven't calculated, but its probably worth more than the money I've spent.
Let's say like 200$ on the coins, and I really don't know how much would the note collection be.

Try to not clean those coins, as their lost their value.
Could you post a closer picture of the 1800 coins?

>as their lost their value.
You mean they lost already, or they would lose?

It's hard to light them.

oi m8 show us yor dosh blud

And back.

>Mint keeps releasing special commemorative coins.
>Like 20% of the change I get back contains one of these coins.
>Compulsively collect them.
>I have so many of them that it seems like it would take too much work to go through them all to get rid of duplicates.

Fucking stop it. Do we really need a set of commemorative coins for every Olympics?

They would lose.
The left one can't be fixed. If you try to clean it you would end up with a smooth coin, so don't try to fight it.
The right one could have a little cleaning, only if you want to. Try to brush it with a bit of vinegar

Bump

Fucking noice.

Well, it seems that concludes another thread.
Thanks to all the anons who posted, I hope you guys had the same fun as I did posting my coins.
See you guys in another thread

Thanks user, I enjoyed seeing your collection :)

ateo

Thanks to you. And sorry for not posting too many notes, I'll take them out another time.
Take this, as the stuff I got yesterday

Ever seen a Walking Liberty half dollar? Really pretty coins; heavy as fuck too and they come in around 90% pure silver. I've got a good 20 or so but they're all junked and only good for melt value.

I actually found an Indian head penny with my metal detector but it's so corroded you can barely tell what it is. What's the oldest coin you've got, OP?

don't really know anything about these but they're neat

I've got a bunch of old Chinese coins and bills I can dig out for you boys in the morning. Hard to get a good shot of anything in here because it's dark and I broke the flash on my camera from dropping it.

Last one is good to tie a string to and cheat vending machines.

All are egyptian except one on left. they are silver and very old from kingdom of egypt and sultanate of egypt

Yeah, I had one in my hands before. Pretty heavy and gorgeous.

The oldest dated coin I have is a shitty Spanish 1/2 real from 1781.
But one of these Chinese coins is supposed to be from 1600s

As the Egypt user said, they are all from Egypt.
Except for the copper coin on the right, it's actually from Thailand

You are an expert
Im also a huge collector. sadly i dont find many people like this here

I just recognized the letters on the coin as Thai and I went from there.

Yeah, it's not easy to be a collector on Sup Forums. One would think Sup Forums may be the right place of this kind of thing, specially in collecting foreign stuff.
What kind of stuff do you collect?

I have a really big coin

Where is the based (at least used to be) Real?

I have current Real, Cruzeiro Real, Cruzeiro, Cruzado, Cruzeiro novo, Cruzeiro again and the good old Real

Coins, banknotes, stamps, yugioh cards, gems hhh pretty much everything :D

Nice. I also thought in getting into stamps one of these days, but it's too expensive nowadays.
What kind of coins and banknotes do you have?