/pcbg/ PC Building General

If you want help:
>Assemble parts list
pcpartpicker.com/
>State the budget for your build (and country if not USA)
>List games/software you use often, as well as your monitor resolution + refresh rate
>Clarify your goal for build improvements: lower price or improved specs?
How to assemble a PC, select components & more (outdated)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Build_a_PC

CPUs:
No i5 unless discounted
>A10 9700 - poverty-tier builds (no dGPU)
>R3 1200 - Budget builds (R3 1300x - Good stop-gap between the 1500x and the 1200, only get a 1400 if you absolutely need multithreading
>R5 1500x - Good but up to 1600 if you can
>R5 1600 - Best value for higher fps gaming / mixed usage; 1600x if you want higher stock clocks
>R7/Used Xeon/Threadripper - Compute/Multitask/VM/mixed use; Not for just gaming

GPUs:
Coin miners have driven price up and stock down, waiting to buy a GPU might be wiser
>Integrated CPU Graphics - Desktop stuff and very light games
>GTX 1050(Ti) - Lower end budget cards, drop settings on newer games, RX560 beaten by both
>RX570 - 1080p@60~hz maxed, running most maxed older games at 100~Hz
>RX580 and GTX1060 6GB - 1080p@80hz maxed, 1440p@60hz at lower settings; RX580 better in newer games
>GTX 1070 or Vega 56 - 1080p@130hz /1440p@60hz at high
>GTX 1080 - 1080p@144hz / 1440p@60hz maxed, 4k@60hz in a few games; Probably the highest end card you need for 1080p/1440p
>GTX 1080Ti - 1440p@144hz and 4k@60hz maxed/high in many games
>Good fucking luck even getting a VEGA right now

RAM:
>Check your Mobo QVL before buying any RAM
>Ryzen CPUs benefits a lot from high speed RAM

General:
ALWAYS LOOK AT PRODUCT REVIEWS!
Always consider an SSD. Try buying a large SSD for what you'd pay for your SSD+HDD combined, and add a HDD later
NVMe SSDs aren't for a faster OS boot, they're for productivity/scratch disk/VMs. NVMe and M.2 are not the same thing, M.2 is a form factor
Fuck miners

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/BbbJLD
pcpartpicker.com/list/k8pTLD
pcpartpicker.com/list/HwLZM8
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232546
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01KVZBNY0/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1504427738&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=gtx 1070&dpPl=1&dpID=5106W58qESL&ref=plSrch
pcpartpicker.com/list/MXWhQV
amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-GAMING-Support-08G-P4-5173-KR/dp/B01KVZBNY0/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1504432447&sr=1-3&keywords=GTX 1070
pcpartpicker.com/list/nb8G8K
au.pcpartpicker.com/list/dbKwBP
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1st for LOOK AT IT FUCKING GO LADS

Miner pls go.

What is the best m.2 NVMe SSD in terms of price/performance?

Is the Zotac GTX 1050Ti any good?
>ZT-P10510B-10L
To be exact.

>Get a RX 570
Out stock in Mexico.
Fucking all cards are overpriced, they are $50-100 more than they were before summer started.

I don't know why it wouldn't be.
You sure you don't want a 1060 though?

>Turn off HPC mode
>Board not vdrooping horribly below the set voltage
>computer not freezing at 4.4GHZ stock vcore under load
>tfw kicking ass on cinebench
Is this 24/7 stable? prime 95 stops working on two of the cores, but it's a picky bastard, yet rendering apps and cpu-z's own stress test won't crash it.

I don't want this to freeze while rendering to the hdd and fuck me over.

Had a ZOTAC 260 once upon a time, it was a good card
Can't speak to the quality now though

Recommendations on x370 boards for a r7 1700?

Let me remind you i am from a third world country and i only make $10-15 per day, which i can only save $3-5 per day which is not always for the card.

ZOTAC GTX 1050Ti is $180.
Cheapest GTX 1060 is $260, and since i want my cards to last in this hell i live (48°C average on summer) i want a double fan version so its $15-20 more.

>tfw spend 860€ on pc parts
>tfw your old graphics card just gave out as soon as you put it in the new case
>tfw you have to buy a 1050 because you want play atleast something and wait for Volta

Unless you need it really soon you should be focusing on price/performance even more, then.
I don't know the pricing where you are but if you get a better price/performance from a 1060 I would reccomend saving up for that.

I dont really need it soon but i have been living out a Haswell IGPU for years, i just reached the point i cant do it anymore.
I guess i could way and save more for black friday.

Hypothetically, if I had the money should I buy another gtx 1070 or sell it and buy a better card with that?

I'd get a better card, as your sli setup ages, it'll become an ancient space heater.

SLI/Crossfire ends in worse performance 95% of the time for games.

If I have a (non-boot) hard drive with data on it, can I move it to another computer (to use as a non-boot drive) without having to format or otherwise losing the data?

Yawp

Cheapest gaming build I could come up with using new parts.
pcpartpicker.com/list/BbbJLD

Don't fucking buy that.
You are literally throwing your money away.

what could you even play on that?

As a followup, I am a newfag Sup Forums from the US does anyone have a rig that could handle fairly high graphic gaming as well as run multiple programs at the same time for around $1k?(soft ceiling on that budget). I would just be getting into playing on the pc but would like to run them at high settings with good performance.

Why is vcore value only drawing 1.140v when doing something that requires 100% load like Cinebench but stays at 1.224 in idle?
It doesn't seem to make sense to me.

Will run any game at max settings and is good for programming.
pcpartpicker.com/list/k8pTLD

vdroop. increase LLC.

11/10 build there

this is a pile of hot garbage that won't play shit
this is basically a floor for slapping together a new "gaming" PC from scratch, and there's so much better you can do by adding even a few dollars here and there
pcpartpicker.com/list/HwLZM8

I would put in an SSD toojust so you don't have too boot from a hard drive.

I won an i7 7700K in a raffle. How do I make a system around it for $200? I already have a PSU and a hard drive.

seems like a meme, anyone actually have one around 1k?

In my area.
>980ti's $300
>1070 $350-$425
>1080 $375-$600

Which would you get if you just scammed an amdrone out of 500 dollars flipping two RX570's I bought for 300 (microstuttering was murderous btw)

I just want to play 4k games between 30-60 fps high settings or fast paced low graphics games at 60+ fps 1440p

Thanks I would like to keep some of the profit I made from the 570's if I cant play at 4k with some eye candy its pointless to keep the extra dough.

like I said, bare minimum
you could make this computer SO much better even with just $100 more

Doesn't make sense, vdroop is already present on idle as 1.224 or whatever is already not the value I put in the BIOS.
Besides it's stable, so why should I increase LLC?

If you want to play 4k the 1080 is the only choice, here.

please help

You need to say your resolution, refresh rate, and what games you want to play.

What is the source of this gif?

1080p 60fps 144hz idk GTA witcher, anything current

>60 fps
>144hz

I think you could run Crysis 1 on medium settings at 1080p

My gpu is over 80C running near load.
Should I be concerned? I am concerned.
Should I replace the thermal paste? The gpu is several years old.
It's a PNY gtx550ti.

That's normal, you can clean it out and make sure it gets decent fresh air in your case, but that's it.

Your refresh rate is your frame cap, and you should aim to hit that. 144hz ≤ your targeted fps.
If you want to play games at 1080p 144hz get a GTX 1070 and a Ryzen 5 1600.

ok thanks

Hi chaps, could you help me? I want to buy a ryzen 1600 but choosing the mobo and RAM its a fucking mesh. Can you tell me which ones are suitable? The RAM should be 16gb at 3200mhz. Also, I rather prefer a mid range mobo, avoid that gayming multi led shit. Thank you

Just as a warning, you may not be able to get the whole 3200 and might get 3000 or 3100+ MHz. At least this is what happened on my AB350M Pro4.

Fuck you.

Just get a B350 or X370 MB you can afford and look in the respective QVL for RAM.

Yeah, thats why im asking for advise. 3200 can only be reached with specific hardware because of compatibility. Otherwise its wasting money

I'm running a B350-F Strix with CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 @ 3066 MHz 16-18-18-something

So I am debating my situation. I have this CPU I want to build a computer around. And then I have my current computer. My current computer is based around a Mini-ITX board and is pretty much a solid little thing so long as it's properly cooled.

Should I sell my current rig for much-needed funds, or should I skirt things, put it in a compact cube case, and effectively use it as a dedicated streaming/workhorse rig/backup?

Also, how the heck do I build around an i7 7700K with limited cash? Do I buy some $40 motherboard and flash the BIOS? How do I maximize performance on a minimized budget?

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232546
Barest-bones 16GB RAM kit for Ryzen on sale
Would not personally recommend, but if you're on a hella budget.....

To clarify, you have a 7700k and also a mini ITX?
Don't do the $40 motherboard; that is absolutely retarded. It also comes down to how much you can get for your current one.

Say you build a midrange pc (amd 5 and 1070). How much of an issue is it if you want to upgrade to an amd 7 and 1080 later?

Vidya swapping is easy

how's this
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01KVZBNY0/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1504427738&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=gtx 1070&dpPl=1&dpID=5106W58qESL&ref=plSrch

I have a 7700K with nothing else, and a separate i5 4460-based computer largely consisting of parts pulled out of an Alienware X51 R2.

Parts that can go towards the 7700K build includes a 1TB HDD, a 550W PSU, and a horrifically underpowered GTX 745 video cardlet.

Budget for the 7700K build is $200.

I wouldn't bother with SLI on anything other than the highest tier card available.

ok thanks, wasn't sure how many parts I would have to look at replacing at once

Thank you bro. But cash is not a problem. I mean, mid range is ok for me. A mobo around 125€ and RAM around 170 should be fine

How do I redpill/unjew my windows 10?

Any benchmarks of RX Vega with low end CPUs?

Just ordered Vega 56 and wondering wether to replace my [email protected] or not.

>driver DVD tried to get me to install chrome
It let me deselect it so I'm not complaining.

That looks sweet

The good motherboards right now all have gaming LEDs and gay shit. Get a Carbon Pro.

Is it normal for this to sit at 90%? If I wait, will it finish?

Thanks then. Now I hope the compatible ram doesn't cost 250€

Mine was $300 but turned out to be Hynix shit. Fortunately I either lucked out on the quality or it was an older Samsung kit.

how do you see how fast your ram is running? built in oc software or cpu z?

You can use Speccy and just double/triple to account for dual/triple channel.

How does this look for a PC I want to play games on(144mhz on high settings), stream, and run multiple programs at once. I am trying to build something in the $1k-$1.2k USD range(might upgrade some parts later). Should I just go w/ the 1070 over the 1060?
pcpartpicker.com/list/MXWhQV

Yeah now I'm realizing even a $500 gtx 1080 is a deal since a new one is 600 after taxes. Alright 1080 here I go.

If you want 144Hz with quality, I would definitely recommend a better GPU

Would 1070 do it? Or should I stump for the 1080

1070 is probably sufficient

Cheers, thanks

amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-GAMING-Support-08G-P4-5173-KR/dp/B01KVZBNY0/ref=sr_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1504432447&sr=1-3&keywords=GTX 1070
Is this a decent 1070 for that?

is there any way to get windows10 on a pirated win7 anymore?

Probably just inaccurate voltage readings, measure it with a DMM

No it seems user was right it's a droop. It's apparently normal it draws less power under load from what I read up.

Hello gents, toilet plumber pole here with a 2k zł (~470€/~550$) budget. I landed myself a summer job and now it will be a weekend/at home job for roughly 600zł/month while I finish up my last year of school. Seeing the current situation with AMD and Intel I wonder if I should just splurge everything right now or wait a month or two to see if the new stuff will be better and cheaper than the current choices.

Assuming that I'm buying now:
Looking to get myself a new gaming rig, nothing too crazy, I don't need max in every game, I'm already used to all my games looking like shit and I thought I'd pop in to tech support board for some tips.
Not listed is a 650W power supply so I don't need one of those.

What I'm looking for mainly is a CPU, GPU, mobo and RAM. Drives are secondary but I'll probably get try to cram a 1TB in there as well since theyre cheap af, a new case would also be nice but thats luxury at this budget unless the mobo wouldnt fit my case somehow (ATX).

GPU wise I'm thinking realistically 1050 Ti (600-800zł) or 1060 3GB (900-1200zł) if I don't spend much on other parts. Should I aim for stock or the more expensive manufacturer versions?

CPU - I see i3-8350K (600zł) is coming out soon and it's better than some i7 (1000zł+), what's the deal with that? Should I wait with the CPUs or go for the old solid choices like Pentium G4600 (350zł), i3-7100 (470zł), i5-7600k (1k zł) or Ryzens that are 500-1k zł?

What do you guys think?

Don't get a 1060 3GB
Would rather have a 1050Ti

Wait for Coffee Lake to be released to see it tested in real conditions, and to see whether Ryzen ends up costing less.
Don't buy a CPU with 4cores 4 threads or less if you want that PC to last you a while. R5 1400, 1500X or 1600 are pretty good. Keep an eye on the next i5 8600(k) too. Don't be hasty.

I also agree with user about the 1050Ti. It's a pretty good card and 4GB VRAM will open you more doors than 3GB. It's also cheaper.

You gotta be kidding me.

do NOT get 3GB 1060, nobody should get one. 1050Ti is the go-to budget card at the moment

Don't get an i3, ESPECIALLY an unlocked one. Buying a dual-core CPU in 2017 is like shooting yourself in the foot. Go for either Ryzen 3 or 5. R5 1400 is a 4C/8T CPU at 700zł AND it's unlocked AND it comes with a decent cooler (unlike i3's no cooler at all)

and last but not least, szanuj papieża

Gayming build? pcpartpicker.com/list/nb8G8K

pls respond

Read the fucking OP.

Ncase M1 (because I like it)
Asrock AB350 ITX motherboard
Corsair SF600 PSU
AMD Ryzen 1600
Noctua NL12
Some 3200 MHz RAM 2x8GB
Samsung EVO 960 M.2 SSD 500GB
R9 290 in the meantime while waiting for Vega drivers to get fixed or NVidia releases something

Thoughts?

How much electrocity does a Titan Xp draw?

Hold up if I have windows 7 can I even use Ryzens? Or am I thinking about some other cpus that needed windows 10?

There's ways to get Ryzen to work with Windows 7, but it's a pain in the ass

Need help filling in the blanks.
au.pcpartpicker.com/list/dbKwBP
Only needs a motherboard and power supply
I'm absolute dog shit when it comes to PCs. Everything in the link are things I DEFINITELY want in the thing.
I want 1440p 60fps consistent on a 1440p monitor. Don't want any LED (unless the board comes with it anyway) and only a single graphics card, a 1080
Budget is $3700 AUD, so about $3000 USD.
Someone please help fill in the blanks which motherboard/power supply do you recommend for this build? Overkill is FINE as long as it's within the budget.

>250gb SSD
>8gb HDD
Are you mental?

NO
NOT LIKE THIS

Explain.
I have 5TB worth of shit to transfer from this computer to the new one. SSD is just for running windows and games and shit is it not?

You need to choose your ram very carefully. Also MOBO should be Carbon Pro or Tomahawk.

If you have that sort of money at least consider a 512GB SSD, 256GB is just so fucking little nowadays.

Just get the ISO with injected USB drivers, I'm doing updates right now.

>paying $165 for 4TB drives
Just get an external 8TB red for $160 and shuck the casing.