Should I even bother about learning how to code at the age of 20?

Should I even bother about learning how to code at the age of 20?

If you feel old at the age of 20 I wonder how you'll feel in another 20 years.

That's about the age that a lot of coders do.

You should hang yourself.

no you're like 20 years too late

Pajeet and Rajesh have already taken over the Programming department.

I'm 30 and I just started if that makes you feel any better.

At 20 you're not too old for pretty much anything really.

my engineering friends told me that I should stick to meme economics because of my business school background
Also they said that in order to be good in this field (IT), someone has to start at a very early age

20 is still an early age you fucking faggot

i wish i was fuckin 20 . goddamn 22 i feel like a crepid pos/. balding and shit

gg wp

I know its a shit answer but its really never too late, think about it like this; if you started now you'll have coded for around 10 years when in your 30s, that's still respectable. just try to ignore those people who started super young, its fine time goes by fast and you'll have a few years under your belt before you know it

It's like with jedi, you start at age 5 or you don't.

nigga I'm 46 and I started learning to code 2 years ago. this year im am going to make 300k

nah. it (the world) is probs gonna turn post apocalyptic soon due to NK.

>Unironically living 40 years

You can learn do whatever you want at any age.

i see 20 year olders more or less having the mental maturity level as a 10 year old. hence why you're asking such a stupid question.

Just get learning and make cool shit. Don't get obsessed with language wars, best practices and algorithms or whatever .. just make shit

25-28years is the prime of a male. if you didn't start something with 12-18 your'e never going to be really good in something.

20 ain't bad. I generally consider myself to have gained true human consciousness around seventeen years of age

I didn't learn how to code until I was about 27, am 34 now and am a Sr Architect / Designer.
I did do linux server support from about 23-27, so I had dug around in server scripts and messing with a cell in a database table or two.
I know all the kids surrounding you acting like they've been coding since they were 8 can get daunting.
The reality most UC Berkly / Cal Tech CS grads dont even have practical / professional programing skills...
If you just hit a book and try making a website in Django or Flask for a family member, you'll be ahead of a lot of computer science grads.
They'll have an edge on you when it comes to knowing the names of the programing patterns, but ultimately you don't need to know what a "binary tree" is in the abstract to write a good one or read the docs on how to use a implementation of it.

you underestimate teaching and repetition (if you didn't live in an abusive environment)

Why should that be too old?

Sure that is mostly true. If you want to become one of the best in whatever you are doing you should start as early as possible.

But that doesn't mean that people who start later don't have the ability to learn it. Someone that starts practicing a sport in his mid twenties is never going to win the Olympics, but you can still improve and get pretty decent at it.

this is completely false

a meaningful skill is more than what child can start building towards.

cild prodigies bottom out early for a reason desu senpai

you sound like a fucking looser

>should have started learning 25 years ago
>should have been born knowing
>should never try to learn a new skill

Learning new skills like that is more difficult as you get older, but if you have a good mind for problem solving in general you'll be able to pick it up fairly quickly.

>a meaningful skill is more than what child can start building towards.

true, but you also evolve. evolving with a good knowledge of something elevates you more than evolving without knowledge

you could start at 25 and still be alright about it. Now think like this. You are not 25. If you start now, you will have 5 years experience of coding when you are 25 (Which is awesomely great). You can just look at your other engineer friends who does not know coding or just starting to code when you have 5 years of experience. I'm 18 and will start to code very soon because I'm enrolling in electric and electronics engineering. I will take academic courses on coding/programming. Comparing myself to people who started coding when they were a child will only make me feel bad and feel late. I'm just gonna have good vibes

>I'm 18 and will start to code very soon because I'm enrolling in electric and electronics engineering
good chance no one there will have ever done anything related to programming, if that's comforting

we have 2 student clubs who are ONLY dedicated to teaching coding besides from school. Students teaches other students coding, new languages etc. When I went over there the masters degree student I talked to said he was coding since he was in 6th grade but they teach everything form scrap in the class so I should not feel "late" or "behind". Honestly everyone who came to University presentation looked like total fucking nerds so I'm kind of nervous

I started at 27, I'm 29 now.

not with that attitude