Why shouldn't I get an iphone se, is there even a better alternative?

Why shouldn't I get an iphone se, is there even a better alternative?

Other urls found in this thread:

bestbuy.com/site/tracfone-apple-iphone-se-4g-lte-with-32gb-memory-prepaid-cell-phone-silver/5920000.p?skuId=5920000
ebay.com/itm/Apple-iPhone-SE-Smartphone-Choose-AT-T-Sprint-GSM-Unlocked-Verizon-or-T-Mobile-/302232416298?var=&hash=item465e74b02a:m:m8ZEn28-5VgcjMAIloFL0IQ#shpCntId
m.meizu.com/en/products.html
gsmarena.com/meizu-phones-74.php
m.gsmarena.com/meizu_m3_note-8005.php
gsmarena.com/results.php3?nHeightMax=125&sMakers=74
twitter.com/AnonBabble

not really, especially in the mid range

Its a great phone for its price tag

>Sup Forums - Consumerism

I got one because I wanted a small phone with decent battery life and I'm quite happy with it.
They're really cheap right now, got a 128GB version for 300$, it still uses the same chip like the current iPads so expect it to be supported for quite a while from now.

Imo nope, it crushes the mid-range market with A9 chip and it's design

I have one. I like it a lot. It's small. The screen is decent. It's fast enough for what I want. the signal quality is usually fairly good. It feels solid like a brick in my hand.
I wouldn't call myself a phone power user though.
When I went to go buy it the sales guy was like "iPhone SE? Ah, so you like to keep things simple?"
I can afford any phone out there but I got this one for the form factor and operating system.

It'd be too embarrassed to use it in public, it's a massive faggot symbol.

I had an old iphone 5 that a mate of mine sold me, and I liked it a lot apart from the god awful battery life.

Got an SE a little after they were released, 64GB. same form factor which is what I liked anyway about the older iphones. fast as fuck, really good battery life and it charges up to 100% in an hour.

Not a fan of phablets. Why would I want a phone that I have to operate with both hands? Ill answer that for you - selfie stick sales.

OP here, has the battery life worsened with use? If so, by how much?

Xperia X Compact

Depends on what you want. If you want a modern small phone with fairly decent specs that just werks, it isn't a bad choice.

I wish I had gotten an SE instead of a 6S. I thought 3D touch would be more than it turned out to be, and that's pretty much the only thing the 6S had on the SE.

Why isn't there a small compact phone that's like $200 without contract? Xiaomi when

Only mentally damaged Indians buy Apple products

You are literally describing the iPhone SE.

bestbuy.com/site/tracfone-apple-iphone-se-4g-lte-with-32gb-memory-prepaid-cell-phone-silver/5920000.p?skuId=5920000

It's easily double or triple the price outside of the US of A...

So buy it on ebay, and pay a bit more for shipping. No big deal. Paypal protects both parties.

>small screen, have to type with your pinky
>serious overheating and thermal throttling problems
>very low screen res
>no camera OIS
>very bad battery life
>takes 2 hours to charge for said shitty battery life

As an ex-SE user I highly recommend you stay away from this uber poorfag phone. Get an S7 active instead, it's around the same price as an unlocked 128GB iPhone SE and you can just buy a $40 128GB mSD card to get even more storage.

I will warn that this phone does have bloat from the get-go but you can disable or remove most of it. On the bright side it outspecs the SE in terms of camera performance (OIS included), battery life, screen quality/resolution, ect. Oh and you don't have to buy a case for it since it has an integrated one.

>Xperia X Compact

I heard Sony phones aren't popular in the US and it may be an important factor in Sony potentially closing its smartphone division.

I don't understand it. Their phones are fantastic. If my Sony Xperia Z3 Compact had OIS I'd never replace it unless it got broken.

The bands won't work you retard

Sad but true

Lmao. The pathetic Applefag gets destroyed

ebay.com/itm/Apple-iPhone-SE-Smartphone-Choose-AT-T-Sprint-GSM-Unlocked-Verizon-or-T-Mobile-/302232416298?var=&hash=item465e74b02a:m:m8ZEn28-5VgcjMAIloFL0IQ#shpCntId

Pretty sure GSM is universal, buddy.

I was under the impression that if you purchased a GSM phone, all you need to do is insert the sim card for your carrier, and you were good to go. Is this not the case? I know for a fact that a German staying with me ordered the YotaPhone from Russia, used it in the States, and then took it with her back to Germany.

I can confirm there's no alternative to the SE in the 4 inch segment. Have been searching for months now. Fuck the android manufacturers for skipping that niche. Apple sold 30+ million of the SE. And there will be a successor next year btw.

I don't know how you feel about straight talk, but I just purchased this. Hell of a price for brand new if 32GB is enough for you.

3G and 4G aren't. However, I think Apple doesn't produce local sub models. So they should be good for worldwide usage.

Not him, but Straight talk is a shit compared to Page Plus Cellular.

That said, if you're looking for a completely free phone, Credo will give you whatever SE you want for a 2 year contract. Literally paying less per month on contract than if me and the wife both were on Straight Talk (80 bucks per month for the two of us; unlimited talk and text, 1GB of data shared, which is never touched, as we are constantly saturated in wifi).

this

The SE is a horrible tiny phone simply not worth it. You'd have a way better time with a refurbished S7 active. The screen space is so small that things are very crammed on the screen at all times or very tiny but pixelated. I deeply regret getting it.

You can find the S7 active for less than $200 refurbished or used on ebay.

Their U.S. division is fucking retarded. They remove features like the fingerprint reader in the U.S. and give zero fucks about marketing.

Depends. If you can get hold of one with iOS9. Otherwise enjoy your big ass UI on iOS10-11 where the app headers take 1/5 of your already tiny screen.

I hope so. If there's a successor, I know what phone I'm picking up this time next year.

>S7 active
>a big bulky 200g phone is an alternative to iPhone SE

I’ve had my SE (I’m actually posting on it rn) for about a year and a few months and I think the battery life is down maybe 30-45min. Plus the battery replacement isn’t rocket science if you have the right tools. If you like the small form factor screen it’s well worth it.

I never got the appeal of those. I mean, Right now, I have a lifeproof case on my phone, and before that I had a Casio Ravine 2, complete with the dock charger, so I would never have to induce wear on the sealed ports, but I still don't understand why anyone would want a milspec smart phone out of the box, especially after trying the Casio Commando for a month (worst phone I've ever used. Period).

Yes, make sure you're running an OS that's about to be dropped.
Sounds like a great plan.

Minimal id say. still impressed with its battery even after a year +.

>Recommends a brick of a phone when someone asked for a handy device.
I'm still astonished how people don't get the idea of having a small smartphone. And I wonder what they have been doing some years ago when 4-4.5" was the norm.
I still love my Galaxy S I9000. It was all I needed. It just worked.

This thread makes me thankful I don't have baby hands.

Unfortunately, you have baby brain.

This.

It's only 185G (SE is 113G).

Also are you actually going to ignore things like a superior amoled high-res display with no pixelation, better battery life, fast charging, OIS in the camera, water-dust-shock-temperature resistance (IP68), not having to buy a case for it, ISO camera control, 4GB of RAM, mSD slot, better OS that doesn't require iTunes or having to hack it to get basic phone features like torrenting, ect ect?

You misunderstand. BTW, I'm I'm just saying I don't understand the appeal of built-in Mil-spec on smart phones, instead of having something like a lifeproof case, where if the Mil-spec gets compromised, you can just swap out the case.

I wasn't shitting on that phone in particular, let alone in comparison to the SE.

I don't even mind holding a big phone. Fitting it in a pocket is more problematic. If I carried a purse it would be easy, I guess.

Oh poor soul, he really is retarded. Everybody likes phones with better stats better. I would personally prefer a phone that ships with android. The pixel density and allover display quality matters. But fuck me, I can't make a phone myself. And a small form factor is my top priority so what do? I won't buy the SE because Apple-meme so I'm using my old phone till it dies.

I honestly don't see how anyone could use the SE unless they're a girl or have girly hands. I used to have one and the screen is so fucking tiny, typing on it was almost impossible. My niece did have a fun time using it though, might buy her one for christmas.

I returned it and got a used 6 plus instead.

You remind me of the polish troll.

>I don't even mind holding a big phone. Fitting it in a pocket is more problematic. If I carried a purse it would be easy, I guess.
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised at all, if smartphone purses for guys are already a thing.

>I used to have one and the screen is so fucking tiny, typing on it was almost impossible.
Have you tried using an alternative keyboard with gesture typing? I heard applefags are allowed to use them since lately.
>I returned it and got a used 6 plus instead.
Also gtfo poorfag.

he was not polish, pics suggest canada or us

Hmmm well lucky sevens, I guess I don't like having bulky phone cases. I'm not dumb so I won't be exposing my S7 Active to water and dust on purpose.

An otterbox case I had with my iPhone 6 plus made the phone weigh like 300G and it was hard to put in my pocket.

I don't know of any basements in the US that have dirt walls that you can dig out. Can't speak to Canada.

Can you hold up a DVD case or something?

>Bulky phone cases
>As he holds a bulky phone

Only manlets with tiny girl hands need a tiny phone, big phone shows I have a big dick

>At this point, I wouldn't be surprised at all, if smartphone purses for guys are already a thing.
Unless you wear skinny jeans like some kind of massive homo then the typical jeans can easily accommodate 5.5" phones with slim cases.

>Have you tried using an alternative keyboard with gesture typing? I heard applefags are allowed to use them since lately.
I did and honestly it just made things worse. I was already having trouble touching the correct letter but then I just got completely different words.

>Also gtfo poorfag.
I'm not throwing $400 to apple for a slightly bigger phone, fuck that. I'd rather spend that on trip to ocean city and groceries.

You wanna throw thousands of your hard earned money on their overpriced shit then be my guest. I take care of every cent that I earn.

It's not as bulky as it looks. In fact it's only as thick as a 357 magnum bullet, I consider that pretty small compared to a .45 ACP round double in size.

Don't have a 357 bullet, but my 6S in a lifeproof case, and is thinner than a 38 special (which I'm pretty sure is the same thickness - not a huge gun nut), so I'm not certain how that's really an endorsement of your product.

Because applel has already started making them obsolete by purposefully making them slower. Trust me, i know through experience. It started about 3 weeks ago.

My 6S is still doing fine. That said, I wouldn't expect it to last more than another year before slowdown kicks in.

Just saying it ain't that thick. I can carry it just fine in my pockets.

Anyway your measuring how thick it is compared to the center of the bullet, right? Because I looked it up and the 6S with a lifeproof case is 12mm thick. Me thinks you're a liar.

Is it true it's starting to get hot too because of the update? I was still on iOS 9 when I had my 6 plus but I did notice the loading animations suddenly got longer when I updated from iOS 8.

This sums up the entire discussion. For there is no good technical reason to have a big screen on a mobile device.

>Unless you wear skinny jeans like some kind of massive homo then the typical jeans can easily accommodate 5.5" phones with slim cases.
Uh, I forgot that everything in the US is supersized, including baggy jeans and people themselves. Or maybe - we're talking about front pockets, don't we?
>I did and honestly it just made things worse. I was already having trouble touching the correct letter but then I just got completely different words.
You either fatfingered the screen or you didn't take your time learning the input method. It does get much easier and faster over time.
>I'm not throwing $400 to apple for a slightly bigger phone, fuck that. I'd rather spend that on trip to ocean city and groceries.
>You wanna throw thousands of your hard earned money on their overpriced shit then be my guest. I take care of every cent that I earn.
Nah, you fell for my bait there. I am totally with you. Fuck overpriced apple products.

>Anyway your measuring how thick it is compared to the center of the bullet, right? Because I looked it up and the 6S with a lifeproof case is 12mm thick. Me thinks you're a liar.
I'm using the diameter, not the radius, if that's what you're asking. I'd take a picture, but my iPhone IS my camera, so its a bit of a conundrum.

I'm 5' 11" and weigh 180 lbs. Yeah I'm a little on the chubby side but not enough to make my fingers fat. Honestly I guess small phones just aren't for me and I feel a lot of people feel the same way here too, looks like it's not just me and my big fingers.

Anyway yeah, the most I'm throwing down for a phone is $200, I got bills and shit to pay. My mortgage + bills is already $2K and I think my roof is leaking. But I have a couple grand stashed away so I don't feel the heat. Feel sorry for those stupid people living paycheck to paycheck with 10K maxed out credit lines. Maybe they wouldn't be in such hot waters if they had used their brain a little and didn't get shit they couldn't afford.

Buy a meizu

Is there any Meizu below 125mm in height? If no, you missed the point of this thread and should get out.

OP never said it had to be of similar dimension. I imagine OP is one of those smart people that want to try the abhorrent apple ecosystem but not waste thousands if he confirms it really is as shit as people say.

t. ex-iPhone user

m.meizu.com/en/products.html
Cheaper and better in every way
>android sans google (optional)
>fingerprint reader
>3000 bat life

You could have just linked to gsmarena.

gsmarena.com/meizu-phones-74.php

>Buying a phone to try it out.
Go to one of their stores? Ask a friend to test it for some minutes? Buy it online and send it back a few days later?
This might be the case for you. However, would you mind staying on topic here?

I have this one
And the price quality ratio is amazing

m.gsmarena.com/meizu_m3_note-8005.php

I am answering OPs question

That's not how it works. You gotta stay with a phone for at least a month to know how extensively dogshit battery life and cooling is.

You must be trolling.
More like this gsmarena.com/results.php3?nHeightMax=125&sMakers=74

But how long does it take to understand that iOS and Apple's ecosystem are shit?

OP never game a dimension limit
see

That's a tough one, depends how stupid you are.

Trolling for what
I was just giving an example of the one i am using

Grow some hands, faggot, and get a real phone.

It's true OP didn't specify he wanted a small phone. But in asking for a better device than the SE, he made clear that this device is the point to go from. It is either it's size or the OS he's looking for. If it wasn't for that, you could as well recommend a washing machine to OP, since he never wrote he wanted a phone.

You're not able to operate any phone bigger than 4" with one hand? You must have tiny hands.

He's also a liar. It took my SE 2 fucking hours to go from 0 to 100%.

Also yeah was pretty fucking small. My thumb could cover like half the screen holding it with one hand.

i have power cables at my house, my car, my job, my parents house. I keep it charged a lot and I haven't noticed a huge drop off.

well from what i understand, someone buying an iphone SE just want a cheap and decent phone
and the iphone SE is ridiculously expensive for what it is
IRL the screen is hilariously small
and by today's design standards, it looks like a chink knockoff of an apple phone
i offered better alternatives, IMO

SE is good. Be sure to wait until next month when they release the new phones.

apple will gladly telekill your device in a year using an update

How come, price drop?

You should
it is the best phone available for that price and that screen size
you are doing the best possible

Best thing to do with most/all modern phones is to keep them charged whenever possible. Trickle them overnight rather than drain and full charge each time.

anything with android

Because the SAMSUNG Galaxy S8 and S8+ exist.

>takes iPhone like 2 to 3 hours to charge to 100%
>meanwhile it takes my S8+ 15 minutes to charge to 100%

Reminder that Apple still doesn't use USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type C.

OP, the SE's screen is pure shit, dont do it unless you never owned a phone with a 1080p screen