Alright so I was finally forced to 'upgrade' to windows 10. What can I do to make it not as shitty

Alright so I was finally forced to 'upgrade' to windows 10. What can I do to make it not as shitty

Uninstall Windows 10.

i use it 4 the games

Which games, and what are your specs?

Spying can't be disabled entirely, it's been an integral part of Windows since XP. You can reduce it by tweaking settings/group policies but don't expect Windows to ever respect your privacy.

blizz games (mainly OW), and i cycle through a bunch of steam games. I know most of them run on Linux.

fuck forgot - GTX 1060, i5 4960

Would a hardware firewall do anything?

What exactly is the problem? Do your games not work?

Yes, but it's going to be a constant game of cat and mouse and it might cause ... interesting... behavior.

no im just unhappy with win10. Trying to see what if anything I can do

Try a Linux distro of your choice.

fuck off gaymer

Try installing something like peerguardian, and netfilter then block microsoft from phoning home.

Linux with a Windows's QEMU Passthrough VM

Download an iso of LTSB, install it, and disable automatic updates.

Windows 7.

Disable the Telemetry Compatibility thing (I can't remember the exact name, look it up) so it stops ramping your hard drives to 100% and eating all your Internet bandwidth on sign in.

That makes it much more bearable.

This^
/thread

>blizz games (mainly OW)
no wonder that game is shilled so hard.

without it, no one even has the pretense of being forced to use windows.

Nothing, it's perfect at it is.
Disable the stuff you don't like such as "suggested app/stuff etc" and put the telemetry to basic. Thatt's probably all i think.

Don't kid yourself. I'm not OP and most people use windows because it's easier to use and more comfy than your crap linux [Insert your favourite distribution here]

>most people use windows because
Most people use windows, because it always came preinstalled.

>Don't kid yourself. I'm not OP
oh wow! golly that changes everything! suddenly the daisys are dancing and I give a fuck

So why again did you "upgrade" to Windows 10 instead of just sticking to Windows 7 or 8.1?

>Windows is still much easier to use for new computer users.
>Windows has a much larger selection of available software & drivers
>there is a much larger selection of available software programs, utilities, and games for Windows.
>includes its own help section, has vast amount of available online documentation and help, as well as books on each of the versions of Windows.
>don't get to the trouble of which distribution he should use to
>Windows installation of software is simpler you never need to build packages from source.
This is all you need for normies. So saying that Windows is only used because of "gaming" is a shit thing to say, neckbeards.

windows is only used for the most faggot games they have to desperately push hard to trick all goyim they can before they sink

overwatch
world of warcraft

what else? this is getting fun.

Most people use windows, because it came preinstalled.

And because of all the reasons i listed there slow faggot.

There is no game that requires Windows 10. Many games on Steam can run on any distro due to SteamOS as well. Now as for OW, I feel bad for you.

>overwatch
Sold 30 millions with only 18% on fukin PC so around 5.400.000 people
Wow is dying. Its peak was WOLTF where it reached 12 millions of players. Now it's probably 1 or 2 millions, they don't give numbers anymore.

That's a very small % of Windows users.

quality post ya fuckin faggot

>don't get to the trouble of which distribution he should use to
kill yourself

Look into the DISA SRG/STIG policies used by the DoD. They have stuff for both killing telemetry and hardening your system.
It makes sense when you think about it. It would be a disaster if a system holding classified data were to leak it because of MS telemetry.

you got your nigger cattle. YEEHAAW YIPPEEKAYAY

No it's really just because it has always been included preinstalled with nearly every purchased computer/laptop. Same reason why most people use android with their smartphones/tablets.

>There is no game that requires Windows 10
sorry senpai but there's more games other than tux racer out there

Yeah + the reason i listed otherwise they would have got another OS.

GET THE FUCK OUT ALREADY

You're just dumb apologies for wasting both of our time.

ALL YOU DO IS GLOAT ABOUT YOUR NIGGER CATTLE

G E T

OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTT