What are some good privacy respecting email providers?

What are some good privacy respecting email providers?
I was gonna use ProtonMail, but in light of recent developments I've changed my mind.
How's openmailbox?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/ProtonMail/comments/6qbow9/stop_using_protonmail_they_comply_with_local_le/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

cock.li

>What are some good privacy respecting email providers?
the email server you set up yourself

this, or tutanota.

given that protonmail doesn't offer mail client support I'm considering actually paying for openmailbox, since up until recently they were and still are in fact my main mail provider
I found no decent alternative

>I was gonna use ProtonMail, but in light of recent developments I've changed my mind.
and what kind of developement would that have been?

what recent developments?

I suppose it might be the fact that they use a jewish ddos protection service

O-O-Outlook?

so what? even if they would like to pull off shady shit, they can't access a single mailbox.

just fucking use google gmail you fucking retard

if you aren't sending OTR or PGP crypted emails you are legit 100% wasting your time with your autismo bullshit meme "privacy" bullshit you fucking moron.

now fuck off and stop shitting up Sup Forums with more noise about your shitty retarded understanding of email and privacy and yet another meme email provider that adds nothing of value at all.

I suppose
I don't have a problem with it, other than lack of client support

FastMail if you're not a poorfag

Openmailbox was nice when free accounts included imap support.

eat shit kike lover

he's right, email was never built to be secure from the ground up. while using services like tutanota or protonmail is good, if you aren't encrypting with pgp then your emails are being captured somewhere in the chain and logged.

they already betatest a thunderbird plugin for some time.

yeah I wouldn't mind using a beta client if they let me
instead it's for selected users

This.
I gave up on this "privacy" crap last year. Nothing ever happened to me since (but then again, I don't do shady shit on my computer)
I've been a lot happier since I stopped being so paranoid 24/7.

the main reason why i use proton mail is that it's swiss based: no us- and no eu-jurisdiction. not that i'm sending anything cryptowhorthy but since the whole eu is riding the "hate posting" wave i don't want to get into someones crosshair.

it's just for beta testers. you can still use the mobile client.

>under threat of being taken down on pedophilia charges
No thanks

if I wanted to use webmail I wouldn't be seeking alternatives to openmailbox mang

it's a technical thing. to access the encrypted mailbox you have to use a java plugin that not yet has been available for standard clients. why they won't at least release a client for windows (like protonvpn), i don't know.

You do know that Switzerland has hate speech laws just like other EU countries, right?

Shh, he doesn't know Switzerland is in the Schengen area and virtually a country with custom EEA membership, which makes it apply EU laws.

reddit.com/r/ProtonMail/comments/6qbow9/stop_using_protonmail_they_comply_with_local_le/

>recent developments
the guy shitted on protonmail cause he was trying to sell drugs and weapons online and got btfo
used an email provider based on SW that is known to hate both weapons and drugs
kek

ProtonMail themselves say that they can't read your emails. They must have found out he was doing illegal activities some other way. NO email provider will just let you off the hook for using your email for illegal purposes.

source?

Does anyone have any info on Autistici/Inventati?
Are they trustworthy?

That only really applies to banking/financial shit.

Hate crimes, pedos, nazis, piracy, etc. Is still illegal in Switzerland and they'll ban/report your account.

If you don't use PGP then it really does not matter.

>tutanota
is it open source?