Do solar keyboards actually work or is it just a gimmick?

Do solar keyboards actually work or is it just a gimmick?

Who the fuck uses a keyboard outside?

>not using geothermal keyboards

>not having a sterling generator wrist rest that runs off arm heat

who the fuck goes outside?

>not having a portable nuclear reactor just for your keyboard

>greenfags ITT
>not powering your devices with coal

Why wouldn't they work? Keyboard takes fuck-all power unless you live in complete darkness 24/7 with absolutely no lights, it will work off almost any light source even the glare of your monitor

butt plug heat is better

>asks about a solar keyboard
>doesn't mention a solar mouse

They are such a fucking gimmick.

I had a K750 that went to shit after 6 months. When I tried to replace the CR2032 battery it was not possible.

Then I bought a K400+ which runs on AA batteries.

This
Steady core temperature offers a much better differential

Why the fuck wouldn't you just use AA/AAA rechargeable batteries?

You can even use a solar charger for them if you want.

Even MARS1 is catching on to the fact that if you dont have the energy, you dont have the energy. They want to ship shitloads of single-use batteries with the MARS1 missions, because fuck solar. Use and throw away.

Because rechargeable sucks :^)

who needs solar mouse when you have wireless charging mousepads

Conceptually, that sounds pretty cool, but you know they'll just market it exclusively as tacky gaymer shit for years.

>not using wind powered keyboards to shitpost in your windowless bungalow in the middle of Wellington NZ

Have the keyboard in pic related that's good for occasional use in bed and stuff.

but wireless mice are shit

Problem there is routing it though

Pal I'm the one making questions, don't fucking reply to me unless you're contributing to the thread

That is all its good for is gamer shit, they can't make a mouse that lasts with a AA or even a lithium battery if they want there stupid RGB leds so they have to make some induction charging shit.
They can make a good mouse with a decent DPI and response time that can runs for months off a AA if they get rid of the LEDs
They can make a wireless mouse that is just as good as a wired one if they wanted too, its not impossible, your not getting past 1ms response time anyway with usb 2

Just buy one of those cheapo anker bluetooth keyboards.
I charge mine for 40 minutes once every two weeks and the keys actually feel really good for how cheap it is.
No need to spend a shit load of money just to avoid having to change batteries

>charging
>at all
i bought one of these things back in 2013 and it's still running on the original batteries, although i only use it when i'm too lazy to get out of bed.

I use my keyboard at least 3-4 hours a day.
I had to get a something running macos for school shit and I kinda dislike my Air's keyboard, especially because I make mistakes when I type slower than 70WPM