Hello...

Hello, I've never really been into gaming until lately when I started getting into Dark Souls and the Witcher series and I think it's time to part ways with my shitty 8 year old AMD HD 4850 card so I'm looking for a budget gaming card suggestions, preferably under 50$ because poorfag.

Maybe you need some financial advice and not a gpu.

So you want to upgrade from a $30 card to a $50 card?

Can't tell if troll or just stupid

buy a second 4850

Probably spend your money on this instead.

If you look hard you can find used 7850's for $50. Though maybe not now with the mining boom inflating prices.

The GPU market is total shit right now.

You probably couldn't even buy another HD4850 for $50. I've got a gtx660 that I bought for ~$250 CAD about 5 years ago, and to buy another one would cost me $850 from newegg. I can literally buy a top-of-the-line Vega 56 ($700, msrp says it should be $500 CAD), for less than the price of another 5-year old gtx660.

There probably won't be sane GPU prices ever again. Mining has permanently lifted pricing by a good $200-$300 across the board.

Cut back on the drugs/booze/smokes for a month and buy yourself a new gpu.
Literally no one is poor anymore. When they say they are what they mean is they blow money on fucking shit.

>I've got a gtx660 that I bought for ~$250 CAD about 5 years ago, and to buy another one would cost me $850 from newegg.
You can buy a gtx 660 for $150 shipped on amazon. What are you smoking, dude?

Are you retarded? Paying inflated newegg prices for old gpus? You can pick up a 660 on eBay for like 50

>660
>850$
What

There's not really a thing worth getting that low unless you can snag something from around 2013 for that price. Mow some lawns, get a nice $250 card.

Sell your 4850, spend at least ~$100 on your GPU, otherwise even IGPs will outperform your rig

save up some cash and get 1050, that will run anything you throw at it, just temper your expectations on how well it does.

that or you can save up a lot and you get hunt for a used 1060 for retail, that will run anything at high settings, just make sure you have a capable cpu to pair with it.

if you literally dont have enough money NOW to buy a current videocard you really shouldnt be playing any video games. You need to get a full time job and become a man and not a kv neet

true

first it was hdd prices
then ram and ssd prices
now gpus

the prices will never go down once theyve been inflated because retards will continue buying them

>get a 1080Ti
Trust me, it might get you for another 8 years.

Go used, buy something high end a couple of generations old.

The cheapest you can buy is RX 550 for 85$

I paid €35 and €45 for these, lol

just prowl /r/hardwareswap on reddit and look for good deals. can get 6 and 7 series nvidia cards for less than $100 pretty often.