What is the best branch of the military to serve in...

What is the best branch of the military to serve in? Has anyone served here on Sup Forums can you tell me what it was like? I'm thinking about doing a year in the navy to get the feel of it but I'm open to suggestions and want to hear what you think thanks.

Airforce, Navy, Coast Guard, and Army in that order

The "fuck your mom" section, but it's quit hard core

Airforce

I don't think I'd be capable of flying a jet.

You don't have to. There are other positions in the airforce that need to be filled

Pilots are porbaly only like 5% of jobs in the airforce. Be a helicoptor mechanic or something, you can make good money with that when you get out

Airforce > Navy >>> Coast Guard >>>>> Army >>>>>> Marines

Navy hands down
most respected outside and you do the best stuff inside.
Coast Guard as well but you do different stuff though its more laid back and voyages are not as long.

I'd say coast guard first because really you just piss around all day and you're never really deployed. Then airforce cause they actually teach you stuff

air force is a meme
for Australia especially the Navy is a good option and has the best tradition
also you do more in peace time than the others

Australia doesn't have a coast guard the duty to protect our coastline falls on our navy there are only volunteer coast guards apparently well just from all the replies it's a toss up between the navy and the airforce.

What do you want/plan to do?

>no one mentioned Strategic Missile Troops

How tall are you? A tall person wouldn't be very comfortable in a cramped ship

I'm not sure yet. Joining the military was never really an option for me since I was a fat fuck through high school and had type 2 diabetes but in the past year I started browsing /fit/ cutting calories, lifting and I've gotten off all my medication and my doctor says the diabetes is reversing.

Wtf is that

USS Zumwalt (DDG-1000) is a guided missile destroyer of the United States Navy. She is the lead ship of the Zumwalt class and the first ship to be named for Admiral Elmo Zumwalt.[8][9] Zumwalt has stealth capabilities, having a radar cross-section akin to a fishing boat despite her large size.[10] On 7 December 2015, Zumwalt began her sea trial preparatory to joining the Pacific Fleet.[11] She is to be homeported in San Diego, California.[12] The ship will be commissioned in Baltimore on October 15, 2016.[13]

I'm only 5'9

It's a ship that will eventually have rail guns. It will be used to remove china

you likely wont be a pilot and unless you like being a mechanic air force isn't for you

also its full of girls and fat nerds

Army is if you want to put yourself to the limit and be hardcore but also get your ass beat every day

Navy is a nice middle ground where its slightly laid back but not an embarrassment and their uniform looks the sexiest.

though you will have to be at sea for long periods, so consider how much you actually like the sea and being away from home.

you will get to sail on some pretty cool ships though and travel all around the world unlike the other two. not to mention way more deployments + deployment pay.
when not on deployment you're basically a NEET with pay.

You'll be fine then

>It will be used to remove china
Thank Christ desu

Did you go to Uni? If so, what did you major in

You can get training for just about any job in the armed forces regardless of branch.

I'm only 18 turning 19 in 2 months I just work at a local grocery store I haven't decided what I want to do that is why I thought the military would be a good option.

apply for officer school then if you can

Masterace tier :

Airforce

Pleb tier :

Army

HA GAYYYYYYYYYYY tier :

Navy

You're fairly young, don't rush anything. Good luck with whatever you choose though

Go with Navy or Airforce then. At the very least, at least you won't fall into the habits of a NEET

I was in the army, its a rough gig if you can't take a joke.
Navy is ok, depending on what you do in it... just stay out of Subs. No matter what they tell you, do not get in a fucking submarine
Airforce, lot of people there tend to get bored, though if you are keen on being a pilot and have the aptitude I reckon give it a go

Well make sure you can do the BFA - 2.4k in 11 minutes 25 pushups and 50 situps. Otherwise you'll be discharged.

I liked cpmbat engineering when I was in the army :D explosions were best :D and AT mines :D

go navy, it's an Anglo tradition, every firstborn male in my family has joined the navy for 200 years now

I was in the USMC, Navy Seals and SAS ask me anything

Over all for us the Air Force would probably be the best as far as living conditions, food, and the bases.

The most important thing to consider before joining your MOS or job.
That is what you are, that is your identity, that is what you do every day. It also can determine where you work, where you are stationed, and what type of people you will be working with.

So don't think about the branch as much as what job you pick.

Shit stomp ?

ye