Québec French Vs. French French

So I'm just starting out trying to learn French because I've been wanting to learn a second language for a while now and I figure being
>a fucking leaf
french should be helpful. I never took a single French course in all of grade school so I'm pretty much 100% new at this. My question is how different is Quebec French and French French. I know some French people that have said they are very different but I'm not sure if that is actually true or just French people being pompous assholes. Is it basicly just the difference between say English from London Vs English from Texas or is it more profound than that?

Also any other tips regarding learning French would be appreciated and yes I've read the Sup Forums wiki page.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P3LdU8cAKV4
youtube.com/watch?v=NCtEF2hAJR0
youtube.com/watch?v=cdvkdgF-T7c
youtube.com/watch?v=bp0xrEW_-Rk
youtube.com/watch?v=MW1eQZ_PEb4
youtube.com/watch?v=uRiUT2boAGA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Written its the exact same.

Spoken is mostly just a different accent with some minor grammar stuff sprinkled in. And the slang is full of anglicism so it should make it easier to understand for an anglo.

Come spend a couple months in Quebec City and I'm pretty sure you will fare fairly well in French

I just like the southerners who make the r like us

this

This

this

Well there are Quebec terms that get written out that aren't in "proper Parisian French," but they're pretty intuitive.

The slang is not intuitive though.

Go for Quebec French. You could move out and go live in QC to learn it without even having to change country. Plus, first language anglos that speak French here and use our slang are hilarious.

I want to fuck the Quebec girl.

Apparently it's like comparing American English and British English.

They sound funny and use different words and pronounce shit all wrong, but it's mostly the same.

The aubergine/eggplant and honour, colour don't exists in french

you already fucked her in 1760

Well done leaf, well done leaf, HOWEVER

BANTS FROM LEAFY

CAN'T SHEATHE THE LEAF

MAYBE MY DICK IS BIGG oh no...

we also translated some english idoms as a result of coexisting with anglos for so long

for example, we use a literal translation of the idiom "taking a walk", i was pretty surprised to find out that it was unpopular in france

If you want to sound like a peasant, go on

No need to be rude, cunt

>rude

truth is rude then

fuck i hate france

you cunts always come here to insult us, stay in your shitty country that gets bombed every week

#NotInMyName

>voice an opinion
>immediately triggered

you're no better than your dindu minorities.

>implying there are any outside of montreal
very funny jean

you're still a special snowflake like them

what are you even talking about

this. Frog cunts fvuck off

>talk with some french immigrant
>tells me that people from quebec speak like peasants
literally what the fuck is their problem?

vive le quebec libre

youtube.com/watch?v=P3LdU8cAKV4

listen to this bitch. fits Frenchhs people perfectly.

poor europeans can't appreciate going on a nice walk these days...

merci japon

>Québecois shit on France
>Is ok :DD
>French shit on Québecois
>DÉCLENCHÉ

lol trigert

gee, maybe it's because you guys are smug bastards, you ever think of that?

fuck, you never wondered why every country hates you?

Considering I still know preitty much no French all that video did for me was confirm that I hate French people.

>fuck, you never wondered why every country hates you?
Litteraly obsession, or francophobia, probably both. We don't care much about the other countries, only them are focused on us.

Because we're tougher and better

>france still this arrogant after their people keeps getting slaughtered left and right
you guys never learn

How is this arrogance ? It's just a fact, our lives doesn't orbit around trying to prove ourselves we're better than the other countries, we don't care.

>our lives doesn't orbit around trying to prove ourselves we're better than the other countries
which is why you guys always call us peasants?

lmao this hypocrisy

hence the reply right you arrogant French.

>which is why you guys always call us peasants?
Woah you read one person on Sup Forums saying that and therefore he represents 66 million french people ! Man if anything most of the french have a good opinion on Québec so stop being so whiny.

it definitely wasn't ONE person

i've met so many both in real life and online that i've lost count

sometimes they even do some passive aggressive bullshit where they go "well you guys are nice BUUUT" then they proceed to say something really rude

Oh nevermind, I'm just telling you how it is from my pov, maybe you had bad experiences with frogs but you'll always find some cunts.

>"well you guys are nice BUUUT"

this. so this.

Well we are on this topic anyone got any suggestions on some good French rap/hip hop?

i saw a french TV show once where the host literally said that the quebecois accent was for peasants and everyone clapped

i do not like the french, im sorry

well first of all
>rap
>especially FRENCH rap from quebec
im sorry but no, it's all retarded edgy shit

I like rap, I normally wouldn't care about French rap but I figure it would help with learning French.

well okay
youtube.com/watch?v=NCtEF2hAJR0

youtube.com/watch?v=cdvkdgF-T7c
youtube.com/watch?v=bp0xrEW_-Rk

Here is some French rap from France featuring big American rap stars, so that you don't feel too lost ... despite the weirdness of this thread

This is great

youtube.com/watch?v=MW1eQZ_PEb4
youtube.com/watch?v=uRiUT2boAGA

You can listen to the whole soundtrck of La Haine honestly.

Tell us what kind of rap you like and maybe we can help you a bit more if you want to

i wanna fuck that foot

>only them are focused on us.
>france

why does everyone want to fuck our women

Québec French is not french anymore
Their sentences are full of anglicism and the fact that they use translated English idioms sounds truly disgusting.
In France no one can take them seriously because of how retarded they sound.
In 20 years they'll be anglos anyway

>In France no one can take them seriously because of how retarded they sound.
and we can't take your gay limpwristed accent seriously either, funny how that works
>In 20 years they'll be anglos anyway
people have been saying this for at least a hundred years, jean

You guys will dissapear because your immigrants dont even want to learn what you call "french" they learn Engliish anyway.
You'll always be slaves to the eternal anglo

>You guys will dissapear because your immigrants dont even want to learn what you call "french" they learn Engliish anyway.
>france of all countries telling me this
o i am laffin
>You'll always be slaves to the eternal anglo
which is why blowing up a few mailboxes and kidnapping two politicians was enough for them to give our language more equality and make them butthurt forever? i don't think so

I'm mostly into the slower raping from the 90s this this stuff:
Stuff that actually has a lyrics that you can hear and isn't just about the beat. The main rappers I listen to are: Too $hort, NWA (specifically Eazy and Ice Cube) DJ Quik. The only Modern rapper I really listen to is Murs but he has that same sort of style.

Any suggestions you could give would be appreciated.

metropolitan french doesn't have an accent. It's just french, peasant

>he doesn't deny that metropolitan french is gay either way
oh france, always making me laugh

Obviously you can't read either

It's always such a sad show to witness our retarded cousins from american embarassing themselves, which is why we prefer to pretend you don't exist

>which is why blowing up a few mailboxes and kidnapping two politicians was enough for them to give our language more equality and make them butthurt forever? i don't think so

You mean killing people? Quebec is a terrorist state full of FLQ supporters. I'm glad you're getting what's coming too you.

please tell me what i didn't interpret correctly

well maybe the prime minister shouldn't have declared martial law and instigated more panic, you know

Kaaris :^)